Notices

Old 30 Oct 19, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Trippity Doo Dah - My Oh My What A Wonderful Day Oct/Nov 19 Day 1 Yacht Club And Mk

So after an epic travel day yesterday when we finally landed at the yacht at just 11pm. , we were absolutely exhausted and basically crashed into bed. We had been given an adapted room which meant the bath and toilet were all in the same room with just the one sink and mirror . There was also no storage in the bathroom obviously for wheelchairs and all the wardrobe doors were removed and the beds lowered . So basically no where to store luggage or clothes etc and a nightmare of 4 people trying to get ready in the bathroom with the only mirror. Not great ! So off I went to reception when I got up at 5:30am , with wet hair as everyone else wanted the bathroom by this pint , to ask nicely for a room change , explaining it wasn't ideal for us .
They said we could move rooms but needed to be in to do it . This actually wasn't true and when we contacted bell services they were great , told us to pack up and they would be there in 5 minutes and would bring it all back when the new room was ready .

So off to mk we went. Lovely to watch the sunrise round the castle. ( I'll add the photos off my phone ) . It was mega quiet in mk and a joy to be in . We rode the Main Street vehicles , rode buzz , had a wander pinching ourselves that we were here , and then went off to Crystal Palace for breakfast .
It's been ages since we are here so it was nice to be back . Why oh why I have I never had breakfast lasagne or pizza before ? Oh my goodness I could live off it lol .

I love this ❤️ the characters were fab and our sever michael went above and beyond . Never rushed us , sang with us and I could have chatted to him all day . He really did make a difference to the whole meal so got a nice tip .

Cost but on the dining plan but hopefully will help someone

After CP we went over a walked on splash . Our youngest had waited 4 years to do this as it was closed for the long refurb last visit and it's his favourite ride so he was delighted it was a walk on 😀 multiple rides on it followed and luckily it was red hot so we dried quick, walked on BTM , went over to buzz again and then space . Mooched around as well . It was really hot and sticky by now. So went and got a lemonade slushy ( note the trooper &#128521

We had booked the festival of fantasy package at midday so we headed over to Tony's . I have to say I have no idea why this place gets so many bad reviews. Our server was again excellent , the food was perfectly spaced and hot and tasty.

Fried mozzarella , very tasty

Mum chose the soup

We both chose pizza as we weren't overly hungry ,dh had the sausage one and ds has mac and cheese . Mum opted for the roasted salmon and enjoy that .

I chose the raspberry sorbet ( the photo looks dubious 😂😂&#128558 , dh snaffled tiramisu and mum had a coffee instead of pudding .

After lunch we had a great view of the parade but boy was it hot , luckily I had my brolly in the park bag ( never used it ever for sun though ) so at least it gave us a little shade as the sun was relentless.

We decided we had had enough so we headed back to the yacht for a bit as we had dinner booked at wilderness lodge , storybook dining and our new room was ready .

This room also had issues ! You couldn't write it really . Off back to reception I went. You really shouldn't have to be going back and forth when staying in any Disney hotel let alone a deluxe. I ended up in tears but that's just a whole thread to itself .

Anyway I decided moved our last dining reservation to later as we just couldn't eat anymore food . We eventually relaxed a little by the quiet pool then got ready to go to WL.

Wow what a resort. Knocks the socks of the yacht 100% , even the front desk . We had a 9 o'clock reservation and it was bang on when we went in. We also signed up for the Dvc tour the next day at copper creek.

Dinner was great, lovely location and characters but the food was hit and miss . Only dh like the sausage slices , the prawns were a little spicy but we all loved the soup.

Mains I had gnocchi, mum cottage stew , dh rib roast , me stroll through nature , ds sorceress land and sea . Mine was exceptionally good. Dh said a vet could have revived his , mums was great but she couldn't eat it all and ds enjoyed Everything except the clams . We tried the alchemy , the antidote and the smoking mirror as well. The smoking mirror won it for me and the antidote for dh .
I must say though this was a very expensive meal and I would have sobbed if paying oop.

$355.47 . Eyewatering . It totalled $850.65 on food and tips . Now granted you wouldn't eat that normally but it's ridiculous the cost of food.

We left WL and got the boat back to mk to then get the resort bus back to the yacht . That's when the day ended badly and we were involved in a resort bus crash where our bus rammed into the back of a car ! Surely our holiday can only improve .

Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mmmmmmm breakfast lasagne! I could just eat a bowl of that now...
oh my goodness, a bus crash! Hope everyone was ok and also hope your room was sorted, wilderness lodge is just stunning isn’t it!

Edited at 07:02 AM.
Chloeoeysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Mexy02 - 30 Oct 19 11:44 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Rubbish that your rooms at the Yacht club are not up to scratch. And hope everyone was ok from the bus crash.
The meals look fantastic and glad the sun is shining for you x
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Oh no - on the one hand some great positives but a couple of negatives. Hope you are all ok after the crash..

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Such a shame you are having problems with your rooms

JOAN
Old 31 Oct 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Ah Sam, you should have directed me here!

Tony’s looks so good; I am drooling over the fried mozzarella. I think I’d have those, pizza and cannoli next visit.

What an epic day of eating I am very proud of you haha.

Wilderness Lodge is my favourite resort, glad you liked it there.

I really hope Yacht Club can sort things for you so that your stay isn’t forever soured.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

What a carry on with Yacht Club I wouldn't be happy with that from a deluxe resort either.

Breakfast looks lovely and we loved Tony's, we also don't know why it gets such a bad rep, one of our favourite meals.

Writing all the costs down really does make you appreciate the dining plan doesn't it?

I hope your all ok after the crash! Not the best way to start a Disney holiday but hopefully things are on the up now xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

How awful to be involved in a bus crash - hope you and everyone else was ok x

The bit with the brolly made me laugh, I too have had to resort to a Disney brolly to keep the sun off my face. I had prickly heat and a blotchy, itchy rash from head to toe, it was so bad I was prepared to be the wally with a brolly for most of our two week stay

Your food looks delicious in the photos. I’m so glad I found your trip report!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you all , I’m still composing my email , it did leave a sour taste and I would never recommend the yacht to anyone . The poly stay confirmed it . The yacht is not a deluxe !

The cost of food is ridiculous now . I cancelled every adr once we moved offsite with the exception of the wave and ltt. That was convenience only .
We are all ok and enjoying it though. Thank you for reading
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List