Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Dec 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile DD and Uni offer

Hi
Just an update on DD Uni applications, had her interview at Manchester Met for primary education on Weds and received a conditional offer tonight, can say I have one happy girl as her last parents evening could not have gone any better and smiles all round.
Just August to wait for now.

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
coastergirls
VIP Dibber

coastergirls's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Congratulations . It’s such a stressful time . My daughter yesterday got her first two choice offers . Won’t be waiting for any more she will be going to Dundee Uni to study Biological chemistry and drug Discovery . Her second choice genetics she was also offered an unconditional place . She applied last week so she was made up she got an offer so quickly . Feel sorry for those that wait and wait . My eldest was going b to do Art and then costume design in Edinburgh and they kept her waiting until April
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations to your DD, and good luck to everyone going through the wait this year. This was our family last year. Our DD received offers very quickly thankfully from all her shortlist for her Biology degree course. She is now happily studying at her first choice, University of Bristol. A level year is very hard and stressful for them and then the move to university takes a while for many to settle, my daughter suffered with homesickness a lot at first, but eventually it does get easier for most and all the hard work pays off
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
wendy7654
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks, it has been very stressful and I’m glad they didn’t keep her waiting too long, she can commute to Manchester as we are only under half an hour by public transport.
Good luck to all those still waiting.

Windwood Bay 2008/2009
DIBB Villa - Sandy Ridge 2010
Sandy Ridge Villa-2013
DIBB Villa - Westhaven July 2018

Hotel Elysee Val De Europe May 2015
Seqouia Lodge DLP Xmas/New Year 2015
Seqouia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2016
Sequoia Lodge GF Xmas/New Year 2017
Sequoia lodge May 2019- August 2022- Hopefully
wendy7654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

Great news, ds has one offer and 3 interviews - just Durham to hear from which happens to be his favourite. He applied a month ago and heard from the first 4 within days but Durham haven't forgotten him - they keep sending 'we haven't forgotten you' emails!
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wendy7654 View Post
Hi
Just an update on DD Uni applications, had her interview at Manchester Met for primary education on Weds and received a conditional offer tonight, can say I have one happy girl as her last parents evening could not have gone any better and smiles all round.
Just August to wait for now.
Well done! I’m very pleased for her 😄
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We are stripping waiting for school to send off DDs UCAS form which has been ready to send for four weeks now 🙄
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Ds4ljs
Imagineer

Ds4ljs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

DD applied to Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds. Had offers from all 3 (after interview at Liverpool) but now can’t choose between Liverpool and Leeds. Leeds offered AAB and Liverpool 2 Cs with one in English so a low offer. Manchester was AAB also but she’s discounted that one. I know you can t swap your firm and insurance around so she needs to be really sure. We are heading to the applicant day in January in Leeds then she can make her final decision. The only thing we know right now is subject to grades she’s going to somewhere beginning with L to do a joint honours in English and Drama!
Ds4ljs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ds4ljs View Post
DD applied to Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds. Had offers from all 3 (after interview at Liverpool) but now can’t choose between Liverpool and Leeds. Leeds offered AAB and Liverpool 2 Cs with one in English so a low offer. Manchester was AAB also but she’s discounted that one. I know you can t swap your firm and insurance around so she needs to be really sure. We are heading to the applicant day in January in Leeds then she can make her final decision. The only thing we know right now is subject to grades she’s going to somewhere beginning with L to do a joint honours in English and Drama!
Obviously it’s not ideal to have to change your mind after you accept, but my daughter’s friend changed her mind between her firm and insurance offers months after making her firm choices. She had put a local uni as second choice and then decided she wanted to be closer to home. She had to contact UCAS and the two universities to see if it was acceptable to them but it was changed as soon as she did so. She is very pleased she did so, as she spends more time at home than living away as she prefers this and for her second year will probably commute from her family home instead of living away, this wouldn’t have been possible at her original first choice uni
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
We are stripping waiting for school to send off DDs UCAS form which has been ready to send for four weeks now 🙄
We have the same problem with my DS College - waiting for the reference ... I think UCAS should chase them as it holds the process up
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List