Notices

Old 7 Jan 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mickee
Apprentice Imagineer

Only a Week! How will we manage. - UPDATED

Ok, a bit of background:
Have taken the children to Orlando a few times now usually in August. DS has an August birthday and has been lucky enough to have two of his birthdays out there and had a huge fuss made of him at both Disney and Universal. DD had an October birthday and as we are tied to the school holidays has never had the chance to do this. Cue the October half term coinciding with her birthday this year.

Travel party is me-Claire, DH-Nathan, DD-Michigan(13), DS-Keegan(9) my mum and dad.

We are only doing a week, and after having some general "what if" conversations discovered that she would prefer to do Disney and MNSSHP.
Well we booked A villa just before Christmas and the flights, car and tickets last week. She knows nothing and I am so excited but struggling to keep my mouth shut as my mum and dad are also coming too.

Don't have loads to do in regards to prepping yet as still a while to go. Waiting for a good airport hotel price to appear, Travelodge or premier inn will do as we wont ne getting there until after work on the Thursday and leaving fairly early the Friday morning so as long as we can grab a bit of sleep we are not too bothered. ESTAs are still valid from last year so will have to update accom address but other than that pretty much all is in place.

I will try and keep on top of doing a trip report this time as my last one fell kind of flat with note taking, and then I managed to spill a drink on the few notes I had hence why I have a unfinished report. I'm not saying it will make for exciting reading but I am looking forward to visiting at a different time of year and doing MNSSHP. xxx

UPDATE - after a particularly tough time for DD we decided to tell let her know that we were going to be celebrating her birthday in Orlando. The Disney store helped us with our reveal and it was a very nice touch of Disney magic.
We now have our airport hotel booked and managed to get two rooms at courtyard by Marriott @ Gatwick for £140.

DD has planned her actual birthday and has decided on breakfast at IHOP, then on animal kingdom for the day finishing off with dinner at yak and yeti.
We've also decided to have Epcot as our first day and are hoping to tackle some of the food and wine festival booths (another first)
Looking at everything in my planner we are definitely cramming in lots of stuff and I cannot wait. Xx
- 1999 lake buena vista, 2001 lindifields villa, 2010 bridgewater crossing,2013 sandy ridge, 2014 extended stay america, 2015 westridge manors north, 2017 southern dunes villa, 2018 calabay Parc villa.

trip report= https://DIBB.in/12468393

Edited at 09:58 PM.
mickee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mickee
Apprentice Imagineer

Update added x
- 1999 lake buena vista, 2001 lindifields villa, 2010 bridgewater crossing,2013 sandy ridge, 2014 extended stay america, 2015 westridge manors north, 2017 southern dunes villa, 2018 calabay Parc villa.

trip report= https://DIBB.in/12468393
mickee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds like a fab trip, so exciting for her to celebrate her birthday there.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List