Old 25 Aug 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
One week trip at two weeks notice - Day 3

27th May - Animal Kingdom

We were up and out early today, we had FoP FP at 8:40 and wanted to be at AK for RD so that we could try and ride Na’vi first.

We arrived early enough, and joined the hoards of people rushing into Pandora.
While we were held in the queue, it began raining, this was setting the scene for the rest of the day, as yet, we didn’t have ponchos as we’d forgot to pick them up in yesterday’s shop. A family behind us gave us a waterproof jacket for Niamh, they had accidentally got a child’s one rather than adult so kindly passed it on, Niamh was very happy!

The shower was brief and before long, we were into Pandora, it was hard to take it in at this point as everything was so busy and rushed. We separated from the majority of the queue and headed to Na’vi river ride, it was posted 10 mins but was really walk on.
We really liked this, it wouldn’t be worth a long wait as although well done, it is not anything new or special, it is just a little (but nice) boat ride with the theming of the Avatar ride. Nevertheless, we all enjoyed.
We were off by 815. We took a few photos
and then with a little time to kill, were looking for food, there wasn’t anything nearby other than a really expensive pretzel, so we just had a pogo pogo drink (more style over flavour).
Dave went a purchased 3 ponchos for us to use the rest of the day while we waited, it was raining but we were undercover in the seating area of the (Closed) Satu’li canteen.
It wasn’t too long before we could use our FoP FP. We waited around 20 minutes I would guess until we were actually on the ride. It was amazing, a really different experience, we all really enjoyed and are looking forward to booking a few FP for this next year.

We were all hungry at this point, I hadn’t managed any breakfast and the girls are always hungry, so we went on a food hunt. I was looking for something savoury, but without eggs, which was proving difficult. The girls had Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches. We eventually settled on Yak and Yeti where Dave got a Egg and Bacon sandwich and I had some hash brown fries.
These were tasty at first, but got a bit boring by the end but they filled the gap nicely. It was still a little drizzly so we decided to do Kali with our Ponchos on. We nearly didn’t get in on time, there was an elderly couple who were very slow boarding and then couldn’t understand the seatbelts, Dave helped the man do up his seatbelt and we were off. We went down the drop backwards so would have been soaked without the ponchos!

Our FP for Dinosaur was now open so we wondered over there to use it, seeing the same couple again, this time they were exiting the ride vehicle as we were getting on. It was raining again when we came out so we took shelter while we decided what to do, we walked to Primeval Whirl, but the wait time increased from 15 to 30 mins as we arrived so the girls went on Triceratops spin while we waited for them. They were hungry again when they came off and so we went and got them a doughnut
while I had a cup of tea and Dave had a caramel latte, we found some tables and settled down for a rest, the rain soon came in though, so we just donned our ponchos and finished our drinks. Once the rain stopped, we joined the fp queue for Everest. I still love this ride, it’s so much fun.

It was lunchtime now, so we decided to head to the Poly to have lunch and a look around to see if this was really where we wanted to stay next year, we’d been having doubts since booking and were hoping a visit would help. We caught the bus to the Poly from AK, this was quick and easy to do. We found our way to Captain Cooks and had burger, nachos, flatbread and hot dog before having a stroll around the resort.
It is less spread out than I thought from the maps and the beach area is lovely, but we were still not loving it, we like it, but I’m still not sure.

We then caught the monorail to Contemporary to have a look around there too as this was another resort we had considered. We had a look around the pool area, it is really hard for any pool area to compare to the beach club where we stayed previously! If we stayed here, it would need to be with a theme park view I think as that is the only real selling point for us, that and I love the look of the rooms.
We then caught the bus back to AK, we arrived back there safely, which given the speed the driver was going was miraculous, she was in a real hurry, me and Dave nearly slid out of our seats round the first bend, which the girls found hilarious. We walked back to the car and drove back to the Grove resort.

Dave and the girls went to try out the main pool while I did some washing and tidying, they were gone for around 2 hours in the end so I also watched a bit of TV too and rested my feet (and perhaps my eyes a little too). We all had tea when they came back and then played a few games of cards before bed.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

It was so wet that week wasn't it?!

Thanks for sharing, lovely day

Jo x

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day even with all the rain

Joan
Old 26 Aug 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

Love the resorts tour!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
A nice day despite the rain. Lovely photos of your girls 😊
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List