Notices

Old 24 Jun 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Well, it’s certainly never dull when you’re planning a Disney holiday is it?! 😄

I love Kate’s plans for the Disney at Home holiday, sounds great fun!

I know this is such a small issue in the grand scheme of things but I’m really disappointed about the magic bands. There’s no way I’m relying on a phone all day for everything. So yeah, I’ll cough up for them...poor old Disney doesn’t get enough of our money after all 🙄

Glad you got park days sorted Abby. Colette, I hope yours is ok now!

I’m amazed your flights are still going ahead Abby. BA has cancelled our flights home from Madrid in early August, but only giving vouchers, no refunds.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi Abby - sounds like you have the perfect attitude towards the holiday - everything in place for if the flight goes but not getting too excited just in case! I selfishly am desperate for you to go as want a TR to read this summer Glad the park reservation worked well for you... It worked for me too so far but one of my stays still isn't linked so after MANY MANY calls to MDE, WDTC and internet support I have realised I just have to wait - and keep checking the availability calendar I booked a week ago so it could take any time up to 3 weeks! I'm not a very patient person but realised I really do have no control over this
Visited Chessington Zoo yesterday to start preparing for theme park life again - we have Legoland, Thorpe Park and CWOA booked for the next few weeks. It was really well organised... Temp checks in the car park and sanitiser everywhere! It was really hot so I could almost (not quite) imagine I was in Disney!
Colette - really hope all the dates are now sorted for you.
Kelly - still lots of availability for December at the moment so hopefully you will get the parks you want. January is usually lovely and quiet... Not sure if you have it planned yet but Christmas in Celebration is amazing - snow every evening and horse and carriage rides
It's difficult to get excited about Disney at the moment but hopefully as we start to see Dibbers heading off we can believe that we will experience that Disney magic again
Enjoy the amazing sunshine in the meantime!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Ahh sorry you've had issues Colette.

No I haven't tried Abby as I don't have Chris and the kids on the booking yet. I tried to add them on at the weekend but I was told we can't modify them until Wednesday 🙄 so I need to try and call tomorrow.

To be honest we're not fussed what parks we get. Chris really wants to do Disney so we're keeping the booking I think, although he is moaning about the no free dining 🙄 x
Of course not having the others on the booking means you can't sort out park passes yet. But I'm sure there will be loads of capacity in January so no need to worry about getting it sorted straight away. I'm glad Chris is keen to still to do Disney even if he is moaning about the lack of free dining.

Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Glad to hear you got parks sorted,in a similar position here meant to be staying at coronado but no idea where now,got park reservations and flights but god knows what will happen!-nothing I can do so just waiting it out!-would be interested to hear where Disney offer you,hope it's a great upgrade🤞
I'm hoping we might get a couple of days at Saratoga and then they transfer us to CBR when it opens. While it would be lovely get the Poly or Contemporary the bonus of SSR is that we could walk to Disney Springs. So at the moment that's what I'm hoping. But I'm actually not feeling too positive about the flights going ahead as it seems lots of people flying BA and Virgin have had their flights cancelled. Seems like they know something that Lufthansa don't.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Well, it’s certainly never dull when you’re planning a Disney holiday is it?! 😄

I love Kate’s plans for the Disney at Home holiday, sounds great fun!

I know this is such a small issue in the grand scheme of things but I’m really disappointed about the magic bands. There’s no way I’m relying on a phone all day for everything. So yeah, I’ll cough up for them...poor old Disney doesn’t get enough of our money after all 🙄

Glad you got park days sorted Abby. Colette, I hope yours is ok now!

I’m amazed your flights are still going ahead Abby. BA has cancelled our flights home from Madrid in early August, but only giving vouchers, no refunds.
Yes I'm glad the kids seem fairly resilient, of course they will be disappointed if the trip gets cancelled but they won't be too upset and will just get on with it. The Disney at Home ideas all sound great fun don't they? We will be busy. My brother asked if I was going to set a 5.30am alarm to make sure we all get up, showered and out by 7.30 I don't think we'll go quite that far

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Hi Abby - sounds like you have the perfect attitude towards the holiday - everything in place for if the flight goes but not getting too excited just in case! I selfishly am desperate for you to go as want a TR to read this summer Glad the park reservation worked well for you... It worked for me too so far but one of my stays still isn't linked so after MANY MANY calls to MDE, WDTC and internet support I have realised I just have to wait - and keep checking the availability calendar I booked a week ago so it could take any time up to 3 weeks! I'm not a very patient person but realised I really do have no control over this
Visited Chessington Zoo yesterday to start preparing for theme park life again - we have Legoland, Thorpe Park and CWOA booked for the next few weeks. It was really well organised... Temp checks in the car park and sanitiser everywhere! It was really hot so I could almost (not quite) imagine I was in Disney!
Colette - really hope all the dates are now sorted for you.
Kelly - still lots of availability for December at the moment so hopefully you will get the parks you want. January is usually lovely and quiet... Not sure if you have it planned yet but Christmas in Celebration is amazing - snow every evening and horse and carriage rides
It's difficult to get excited about Disney at the moment but hopefully as we start to see Dibbers heading off we can believe that we will experience that Disney magic again
Enjoy the amazing sunshine in the meantime!
I think everything going back to normal here makes it both easier to be hopeful but also easier to let it go as well. I know things are a long way from normal, but I mean things opening up just with social distancing. At least we can do more things and know we will be able to go to the cinema or a restaurant or get our hair cut soon, like your visit to Chessington, I hope you had a brilliant time. I'm now thinking there's about 99% chance of the flight being cancelled and that's ok, but that's still a 1% chance it could happen. So, we will just wait and see.

I may be a teeny bit cross if the border opens a couple of days after our flight was due to go though if it's August 1st then that would be a right pain in the butt, I bet if that happens Disney offer us a 2 bed villa at contemporary that we can't use

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Yes our BA flight to Tampa got cancelled today but we moved to mco flying same day so still waiting -fingers crossed for ssr for you!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

SSR would be fantastic, I'd love for you to get to tick another resort off the list. I hope you hear something from Disney soon. I imagine they'll move you for the entire stay which is a shame as I was so looking forward to you seeing CBR.

I'm excited to see where they move us from All Stars, I'm hoping for Pop as it's my favourite resort, the refurbed rooms are lovely and we'd have the Skyliner.

P.S. Yesterday I was able to book the rest of our Park Passes, not sure what the issue was but glad we have it in place now.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you seen they’re changing Splash Mountain to have a Princess and the Frog theme? I think that will be amazing!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by nadya View Post
Yes our BA flight to Tampa got cancelled today but we moved to mco flying same day so still waiting -fingers crossed for ssr for you!
I'm glad you got it sorted

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
SSR would be fantastic, I'd love for you to get to tick another resort off the list. I hope you hear something from Disney soon. I imagine they'll move you for the entire stay which is a shame as I was so looking forward to you seeing CBR.

I'm excited to see where they move us from All Stars, I'm hoping for Pop as it's my favourite resort, the refurbed rooms are lovely and we'd have the Skyliner.

P.S. Yesterday I was able to book the rest of our Park Passes, not sure what the issue was but glad we have it in place now.
Yes I had the same thought, that they may move us for the entire trip. While I'm sure many people would be rubbing their hands together with glee I only ever wanted the trip I planned and paid for. Clearly that is not going to happen, and I'm not meaning to sound ungrateful as if we get upgraded and do not have to pay additional room costs then we will be very lucky, but none of that has been confirmed.

In reality it's a moot point as I feel it's even less likely now than before and I was only thinking there was a 1% chance of the holiday happening a day or so ago. Now I'm thinking it's 99.9% that the trip won't go ahead. Maybe air bridges to Europe will open next month and then possibly long haul flights after that, but who knows when 'after that' will be. Don't be sad for us though! I'm ok though and I'm not sobbing in a corner, because there's always a next time and I'm just grateful for what we do have.

I'm glad you got your park stays booked for the 2nd half of the trip. Pop would be fab for you with the skyliner. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Have you seen they’re changing Splash Mountain to have a Princess and the Frog theme? I think that will be amazing!
Oh no really? I mean Princess and the Frog is great and I can see how that would fit in with the ride and be a pretty simple overhaul. But Splash is my favourite attraction I hope it doesn't happen too soon and I get a last ride on it as was. I love the everything is satisfactual sign at the end and I was going to use that as a trip report title one day

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry Abby, feel like I’m kicking you while you’re down! It is officially changing but not sure when it’s happening. Fingers crossed you get another visit before the change.
Old 26 Jun 20, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Sorry Abby, feel like I’m kicking you while you’re down! It is officially changing but not sure when it’s happening. Fingers crossed you get another visit before the change.
Aah, don't be silly, I won't shoot the messenger. I reckon Splash will fab reimagined as a Princess of the Frog ride. It would fit in really well with the ride structure so maybe they won't change the layout too much and just the overlay. A bit like the refurb of Maelstrom to Frozen and that's fab.

I love Splash so I'm sad to see the end of it, but updates are always going to happen and in this case perhaps it's long overdue. While I may feel the ride is innocuous I would hate to think that it's links to the movie bring discomfort of any kind to others, so it really doesn't matter that I find it fun or not racist. If we ignore or turn a blind eye then we are part of the problem. I never thought of the movie when I rode it, but just because I didn't doesn't mean others didn't.

So, while I'm sad it's going to be replaced I'm accepting of it. I'm also fully aware that as a white person I've benefited from the privilege of my colour unknowingly many times in the past. And ignorance of that isn't acceptable, neither is indifference or an it's not my fault standpoint.

Sure enough you guys don't need a sermon of any kind from me! Hopefully you understand why I'm sad it's the end of Splash though now I'll never know what the end of the line in the song "pretty good sure as you're..." what is that word? I've never quite figured it out

Old 26 Jun 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Yes I had the same thought, that they may move us for the entire trip. While I'm sure many people would be rubbing their hands together with glee I only ever wanted the trip I planned and paid for. Clearly that is not going to happen, and I'm not meaning to sound ungrateful as if we get upgraded and do not have to pay additional room costs then we will be very lucky, but none of that has been confirmed.

In reality it's a moot point as I feel it's even less likely now than before and I was only thinking there was a 1% chance of the holiday happening a day or so ago. Now I'm thinking it's 99.9% that the trip won't go ahead. Maybe air bridges to Europe will open next month and then possibly long haul flights after that, but who knows when 'after that' will be. Don't be sad for us though! I'm ok though and I'm not sobbing in a corner, because there's always a next time and I'm just grateful for what we do have.

I'm glad you got your park stays booked for the 2nd half of the trip. Pop would be fab for you with the skyliner. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I chose the tone of my post very carefully as to not upset you I am 99.9% certain that I am not going, but given that you are supposed to be travelling earlier than us I didn't want to dampen any hopes you might have.

I think we all know the reality of the situation, but the fat lady hasn't sung yet. I wouldn't say we (by we, I mean, you and I!) are hopeful, we're just waiting for the next piece of bad news at the moment. Still, never say never.

This post sounds sadder than I am actually feeling. I'm pretty at peace with it all, as awful as the drip feeding of bad news is, it has allowed us to brace ourselves for the worst.

Once the final nail is in the coffin though maybe I'll feel differently.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List