Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Aug 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by abzorba View Post
Is everything sold out for August next year on the National Park website or just not on sale yet because of COVID?
I shouldn’t think the dates are out just yet, can you do a mock booking for a date in July to see if there is availability? We didn’t book our July accommodation in Curry village until September/October time

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
abzorba
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I shouldn’t think the dates are out just yet, can you do a mock booking for a date in July to see if there is availability? We didn’t book our July accommodation in Curry village until September/October time
I think you're right about them not being on sale yet. Just tried early July and it's showing rooms available.

WDW 1994, 2005, 2015, 2019 | DLP 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021, 2022
abzorba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for replies everyone, I will have a look later today, my only hurdle now is that my husband is very reluctant to book anything for next year or part with any money related to holidays at the moment ☹️
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Thanks for replies everyone, I will have a look later today, my only hurdle now is that my husband is very reluctant to book anything for next year or part with any money related to holidays at the moment ☹️
Hi again , I suppose it’s understandable to be cautious at this stage re booking.
How’s the rest of your planning going.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi again , I suppose it’s understandable to be cautious at this stage re booking.
How’s the rest of your planning going.
Hi, I was doing loads of planning during lockdown but know I’m back at work I haven’t done any for a while and the thought of maybe not even going next year put me off for a while but i do feel that familiar feeling of needing to plan coming on again, just have to convince hubby that it would be safe to book flights at least😬
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
Hi, we are doing Yosemite as part of road trip next year(fingers crossed), I did want to stay inside the park probably curry village but as we won’t be booking flights yet I won’t know exact dates and I know it all books up very quick, July next year is showing no availability already, so my question is what’s the next best place to stay for close proximity to the park?
Hi there
Just to say if you do want to stay inside the park the accommodation does go fairly quickly. We have booked Yosemite Valley lodge for 3 nights next August. The booking opens up 1 year and 1 day from the date of your booking. We booked on Sunday for August 3rd next year. I appreciate your husband's nervousness as well, I feel the same but the booking I made is refundable and I was only charged a deposit which I believe was one night plus tax. Hope this helps.
Also note that the booking site doesn't stay open every opening at different times each day. It didn't open until 3pm on Sunday and is not open now, need to try from about 11 am onwards. Also keep refreshing the page not just the check rates box.

https://www.travelyosemite.com/lodging/yosemite-valley-lodge/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=places&utm_campaign= google_places&utm_source=google&utm_medium=places& utm_campaign=google_places

We were supposed to be going to Disney in 4 days as I saw from my count down here, sadly that's not to be so we are doing a San Francisco stay and Disney visit next year (fingers crossed etc - might as well book now and hope for the best- need that something to look forward to)

Edited at 10:43 AM.
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mumtotwo View Post
Hi there
Just to say if you do want to stay inside the park the accommodation does go fairly quickly. We have booked Yosemite Valley lodge for 3 nights next August. The booking opens up 1 year and 1 day from the date of your booking. We booked on Sunday for August 3rd next year. I appreciate your husband's nervousness as well, I feel the same but the booking I made is refundable and I was only charged a deposit which I believe was one night plus tax. Hope this helps.
Also note that the booking site doesn't stay open every opening at different times each day. It didn't open until 3pm on Sunday and is not open now, need to try from about 11 am onwards. Also keep refreshing the page not just the check rates box.

https://www.travelyosemite.com/lodging/yosemite-valley-lodge/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=places&utm_campaign= google_places&utm_source=google&utm_medium=places& utm_campaign=google_places

We were supposed to be going to Disney in 4 days as I saw from my count down here, sadly that's not to be so we are doing a San Francisco stay and Disney visit next year (fingers crossed etc - might as well book now and hope for the best- need that something to look forward to)
Hi thanks for that reply, i did do a dummy booking last night and I would be happy to book but with no flights booked I can’t even be certain what dates we would need, I assume you already have flights booked?
Old 5 Aug 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

No we don't but we know we want to fly into San Francisco for a few days before so flexible then but we have booked the Yosemite visit after a few days. We are always planning get-aways and plan around certain things. I am just hoping things open up for us to get out there next year. Have to keep positive.
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 20, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mumtotwo View Post
No we don't but we know we want to fly into San Francisco for a few days before so flexible then but we have booked the Yosemite visit after a few days. We are always planning get-aways and plan around certain things. I am just hoping things open up for us to get out there next year. Have to keep positive.
I’m with you in hoping things get better so that we can travel to the US next year🤞
Old 5 Aug 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Great thread, was just going to ask the same question. Our flights aren't booked yet and wont be until September so I cant book anything. Fingers crossed it doesn't sell out too quickly x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List