Notices

Old 14 Aug 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Thank goodness you’re not getting caught up in the quarantine changes! Enjoy your last day.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Enjoy your last day! So glad you will get home before the quarantine kicks in !
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I just came to check in only to find out you've been to DLP. It sounds like you've had a wonderful trip and I can't wait to hear more about it. You got very lucky with your timing. I did consider trying to book to go right at the end of August as a treat before we're all back to school but with the quarantine coming in, I'm very glad I didn't. I have added DLP to our must do list for next year though. I think 2021 could be a very busy one!
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I hope you got home safe and sound? I bet the train was rammed!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Train is just pulling into St Pancras now. Was a little busier than the outbound journey as there were 5 groups in our coach. Still not busy though.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I still can't quite believe we did it! I admit I was a little misty eyed as we left Disneyland Park this afternoon. I'm going to have so much fun sharing it all with you xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Train is just pulling into St Pancras now. Was a little busier than the outbound journey as there were 5 groups in our coach. Still not busy though.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I still can't quite believe we did it! I admit I was a little misty eyed as we left Disneyland Park this afternoon. I'm going to have so much fun sharing it all with you xx
Do they have social distancing on the train? There looks to be loads of panicking going on with thousands of people trying to get home from Calais. Some flights are costing loads more than normal according to the news. Did you travel direct in and out of Disney?

Safe travels.

Kat x
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 20, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Absolutely perfect timing! Sounds like an amazing trip and I can't wait to read the TR. We were due home tomorrow so our timing would not have been as good as yours! Have an amazing last day and enjoy Plaza Gardens
That just means you did the right thing and changed your trip just in time x

We had a brilliant time and I'm excited to share it all with you

Originally Posted by mrsstitch View Post
I am so glad you’ve had the best trip! Somehow I thought you would! Whilst it’s not Orlando, the weather has made it feel like it could be! The wait times are all manageable so multiple rides on our favourites was incredibly fun. Looking forward to reading about your meal at The Plaza-we were tempted but we only had 2 days in the parks and so ran out of time.
Your timing to get home before quarantine and is perfect! Well done! Can’t wait to read your trip report, enjoy your last day!
It was sooo good I'm really pleased we went. We were very grateful for the restaurant recommendations and apart from Annettes, the Plaza was our only table service, so it worked out pretty well for us.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Thank goodness you’re not getting caught up in the quarantine changes! Enjoy your last day.
Phew, we timed it perfectly, didn't we? We don't have work and school for the next couple of weeks, but it is Max's birthday next Saturday and so I'm sure Dave is glad he didn't have to do all the sorting out himself

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Enjoy your last day! So glad you will get home before the quarantine kicks in !
We had a fab last day Kelly I hope you and Kiera get a girls trip sometime it was great. Plus it meant when we got back to the room all hot and sweaty I could strip to my undies without too much fuss there was a bit of fuss from Kate though you can file that away under too much information!

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I just came to check in only to find out you've been to DLP. It sounds like you've had a wonderful trip and I can't wait to hear more about it. You got very lucky with your timing. I did consider trying to book to go right at the end of August as a treat before we're all back to school but with the quarantine coming in, I'm very glad I didn't. I have added DLP to our must do list for next year though. I think 2021 could be a very busy one!
In the end our 24 hour turnaround between booking and going was probably for the best. I have to admit after parting with my cash last Sunday I was all "What have I done?" But it was fab and I'm so glad we went. I'm now firmly in the I love DLP camp I don't recommend reading the trip report unless you plan on parting with your hard earned money and going to DLP.

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I hope you got home safe and sound? I bet the train was rammed!

Kat
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Do they have social distancing on the train? There looks to be loads of panicking going on with thousands of people trying to get home from Calais. Some flights are costing loads more than normal according to the news. Did you travel direct in and out of Disney?

Safe travels.

Kat x
I've just seen the news reports and read them to Kate. Our return Eurostar was busier than the outbound, there was just us 2 and a family of 4 in the coach going there but the return had maybe 20 to 30 people. I counted the seats and there were over 70 seats so lots of space.

We were so lucky with our tickets, they were very cheap, albeit booked last minute as I only decided to go last Sunday. The return part was £60 each so very cheap. Both trips were direct, the outbound stopped at Lille but the return had no stops.

We have been incredibly lucky and I really feel for those people who've had their plans cut short and who are now scrambling trying to get home it can't be much fun for them at all and will be costing them a lot of money by all accounts. So, while I'm feeling like I got to have my cake (with icing, plus a cherry on top) and eat it, as we did have a fantastic time, I'm mindful of the fact there are lots of people who are really panicking.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh wow! I can't wait read to read the trip report Abby! I've been taking some time out as I was so busy with the kids and work and also upset about all the cancelled Disney trips 😔 but so excited to see you've just got back from Disney! Eekkkk xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I’m looking forward to hearing all about it...I might have a cocktail too 🍹...honestly not for breakfast!😆
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I hope you had a great time, sounds like you have. I reread your other dlp trip report with Kate while I’m waiting on this one.

Summer holidays are a dim and distant memory with the first week of school under our belt already, everything’s been fine and has felt remarkably normal both for me and Joe.