Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Sep 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I get on really well with WW. Our gym doesn’t require masks at all so I’ve gone back to classes .

I put on 1st 8.5lbs in lockdown, not ideal! But I know it’s happened and need to just get on with getting the weight back off now.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
45 minute slimming world sounds much better. How does that work with getting weighed? Last time I went it took nearly that long just to get started!
I am finding Slimming World actually much more enjoyable now. We have allocated pre booked times, the session is 20 minutes for weighing then 20 minutes for chat. There used to be 2 large groups now there are 4 smaller ones. I am sure it is a lot more work for the consultant but he is glad to be back in full time work. We have to socially distance queue for the scales, put card in reader yourself and note own book up with weight. The seats are dotted around the church hall. What I like is it is just a general chat for 20 minutes rather than the going to each member individually. It used to go on for so long ! I can manage to go now and have tea when I get home without it being too late.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
45 minute slimming world sounds much better. How does that work with getting weighed? Last time I went it took nearly that long just to get started!
I'm part of the social team at my 7pm group, so I weigh in just b4 7pm.
Masks, sanitizer and one way system in place too.

The group then has 15 mins to weigh each person through. You have to write in your weight in your book too.
Half stay and half leave. Then we have 30 mins of company news, help/discussion on a topic like favourite lunches etc.

No refreshments, tasters or raffle or passing books etc round. You can take own drink and something to eat.
New members join at 8pm session too. It's been lovely to see the regular faces back despite masks!
Hope this helps.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would definitely recommend as a first step, keeping a food diary where you commit to noting down everything you eat or drink including the calories. This breaks the crucial first barrier of not facing up to the things you want to change. Can be a paper diary or using an online tool like myfitnesspal the key thing is to stick to the logging and I've found that better food decisions follow.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

I'm a serial dieter and have been struggling with my weight since puberty. I've been at goal a few times and I've been 6 stone over a few times but I have to keep trying.

This time I'd lost 30 lbs before lock down but put 21 lb back on in 20 weeks!

I have cravings but have found that if I can cope for 2 weeks without extra sugar/chocolate then I can start to take or leave them. It is a very hard 2 weeks though as carbs and sugar are such an emotional crutch that got me through the tighter days of lock down. As soon as I have any chocolate though, I know it will take 2 weeks to subdue the cravings again. Other people find a little a day keeps them satisfied.

WW works for me as I need portion control and someone to oversee my weigh in.

Now that express meetings have started I've started to lose again.

I have to track/write down everything or I "forget" the extra points very easily. Some people like to photograph their food just to see what they have been eating.

Knowing that you want to lose weight is a big first step but you have to be in the right frame of mind to keep going. (My trigger point before Christmas was crying in a M&S changing room.)

Good luck, it's hard but you are not alone.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done Disneyobsessed for posting. You’ve made the first step, in the right direction.

I use MyFitnessPal (Free version) and log everything I eat and drink. I also invested in a pair of food scales. I’ve totally changed my mindset from dieting, to healthy eating . I’ve changed my lifestyle, and now run (still can’t believe it)! This has totally changed my relationship with food, for the better.

Best of luck to you.
Old 6 Sep 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

i lost a bit over two stone last year, kept all of it off for a few months, but have now gained back about 5 pounds over the last few months. Been busier at work since pandemic so couldn't run as much as I used to, but kept eating the same (or more!) amount of food as I did.

I started increasing my activity levels (running more, walking more) a couple of months ago and at the moment my weight has stabilised at my current weight - at least I'm not gaining any more for the moment! Hoping to keep it at this weight point (still a healthy BMI) or hopefully, lose a few pounds to get back to where I was before.

I can't be bothered to log calories but still mainly work on a "eat less move more" or "calories in calories out" principle. I vaguely know the calorie contents of some foods and let my watch calculate for me the calories I burn with exercise, and so if I run more I can eat more!

Also, I honestly don't deprive myself of any particular foods - I ate crisps, chocolate, ice cream, etc all throughout my weight loss last year and since. What made a huge difference though was cutting down my portions, so instead of eating a whole bag of crisps at one go I would only eat a bit and then keep the rest for later. Having some nice air tight containers (lock and lock ones are great) was fantastic for helping me save my snacks for later as opposed to just eating it all at one go!

I think what really helps with weight loss is finding a method that you can stick to in the long run and is sustainable as a lifestyle change.

All the best!
Old 6 Sep 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I am finding Slimming World actually much more enjoyable now. We have allocated pre booked times, the session is 20 minutes for weighing then 20 minutes for chat. There used to be 2 large groups now there are 4 smaller ones. I am sure it is a lot more work for the consultant but he is glad to be back in full time work. We have to socially distance queue for the scales, put card in reader yourself and note own book up with weight. The seats are dotted around the church hall. What I like is it is just a general chat for 20 minutes rather than the going to each member individually. It used to go on for so long ! I can manage to go now and have tea when I get home without it being too late.
Sounds much better. I used to hate the old system.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post

Also, I honestly don't deprive myself of any particular foods - I ate crisps, chocolate, ice cream, etc all throughout my weight loss last year and since. What made a huge difference though was cutting down my portions, so instead of eating a whole bag of crisps at one go I would only eat a bit and then keep the rest for later. Having some nice air tight containers (lock and lock ones are great) was fantastic for helping me save my snacks for later as opposed to just eating it all at one go!

This method works so well for some people but for me, if it's in the house I eat it. Some people can freeze snacks so they don't eat them in one go - all I found out was frozen Curly Wurlys are really nice!

I once heard someone describe a 7 pack of 2 bar Kitkats as a 14 bar Kitkat and that just about sums me up.

I never "ban" a food but I have discovered over the years that I get on better if I avoid trigger foods.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
zoe3003
Imagineer

I had managed to lose a stone at the start of lockdown (after I stopped living like I was on an all inc holiday) but I have now put it back on and a bit more. So I have ordered the 800 fast books and as soon as they come myself and my husband will be starting that.

A few years ago I lost 6 stone and have now put just over half back on. I hated being fat (& I was) and really don’t want to go back there but my drive and will power and now what they should be which is so annoying so it’s trying to find something that keeps me focused and on track.
SSR & RPR Aug 15
zoe3003 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List