Old 13 Oct 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
It's the most simple thing to make -
-melt dark chocolate and spread it thinly on a lined baking tray and allow to set.
-melt white chocolate with added peppermint essence, and crush some peppermint candy canes (I put them into a bag and bash them with a rolling pin).
- spread the white minty choc onto the set dark choc and scatter the broken candy canes on top.
- allow to set and break into pieces. Eat any crumbs!
Thank you I am definitely going to try this
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gilly120 View Post
Is it best to use decent chocolate, to make it.
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
To be honest the way it’s inhaled in this house no!
I buy all my bars from Lidl, if I were gifting I would use a better quality.
I stock up on candy canes after Christmas when they are reduced
Exactly the same! Last year I used Aldi choc (which is lovely but not expensive) and it worked just as well.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DizzyDisneyMum View Post
I know, I'm so sorry!
Just ordered a couple of packs from the emporium, I didn't know they were available. We managed to buy some last Christmas at the local Costco hopefully they will re stock for this year too. Always reminds us all of Florida...
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Still nothing in Costco yet so I am going to try making some from the recipe on here!

I like milk chocolate, do you think it would be ok to melt Dairy Milk or does it have to be cooking chocolate?

Thanks

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Dairy milk is fine but do it in the microwave and in very short 30 second bursts tak out stir and the minute yo see the squares melting as you stir just stir till smooth then pour into the lined tray
But I do find Aldi’s or Lidl’s milk chocolate better than dairy milk now not as gritty
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Dairy milk is fine but do it in the microwave and in very short 30 second bursts tak out stir and the minute yo see the squares melting as you stir just stir till smooth then pour into the lined tray
But I do find Aldi’s or Lidl’s milk chocolate better than dairy milk now not as gritty
I 2nd this the cheaper bars seem to work far better than the branded ones for melting and taste a lot nicer than "cooking" choc which is often choc flavour rather than actual chocolate- we use a lot of the sains basics bars 40p for baking with as don't get to aldi/lidl often
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Originally Posted by mandco View Post
I 2nd this the cheaper bars seem to work far better than the branded ones for melting and taste a lot nicer than "cooking" choc which is often choc flavour rather than actual chocolate- we use a lot of the sains basics bars 40p for baking with as don't get to aldi/lidl often
Thank you both! How much peppermint essence ish? I am using 200g of white choc

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Add a couple of drops and taste always easier to add more
Some peppermint essence can be really strong
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 20, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I’m heading to Costco on Saturday, if I see some I’ll post on here.
I’ve been looking for it in Costco for weeks, it was around the 19th Nov last year when they got it in.
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
I have to say that I am mightily impressed by how it came out from the above recipe. So easy and so much like the real thing. Thank you to those that helped me