Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Jul 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ciaowood
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Star Wars Guided Tour

Hi there. I'm looking for any reviews from anyone who has been on the Star Wars Guided Tour. We are due to go in a few weeks and I'd just like to see whether you thought it was worth it. Many thanks in advance.
ciaowood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

we are hoping to do it in October which is after yourself so please let us know how it goes - 7 hours of heaven for my son
Old 23 Jul 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ciaowood

Originally Posted by highland lass View Post
we are hoping to do it in October which is after yourself so please let us know how it goes - 7 hours of heaven for my son
Thanks, yes I'll let you know what it's like. Was debating whether to or not but, as it stands tonight, we are still going to do it lol.
ciaowood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Tel69
Trying for More Ears

I've booked a fast pass for this at HS on 21st Aug because we haven't done it before and I think it must be new.
Tel69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ayrpluto

ayrpluto's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Definitely recommend doing it! Parents, sister and myself did this two weeks ago! Honestly it was so worth the money, you check in and receive (in our case - should be the same but think its subject to change etc) a personalised name badge in the star wars language (cant remember the name :/ ) translation of your own name, a bright orange lanyard with your Star Wars Tour credentials on the front to also help separate you from the other dessert party guests later on. They also get you to give your dinner choice as you sign in (I had the chicken and darth vader waffles), and in our case as it was a very hot day they provided us with a bottle of water each. You get a wee earpiece with a radio to be able to hear the two guides at all times, and they also provide headphones if you are having trouble with the earpiece. In total there was about 30-40 people on the tour. You get reserved spots at the shows and the fireworks display at the end, which saves having to wait and queue for it. They also take you directly to the front of the line for Star Tours, while stopping at points to explain brief pieces of information and pointing out small extra bits you might not have noticed any other time. Usually the younger kids and their families are taken to the Jedi trials of the temple but as my family and a few others didn't have any younger guests, one of the two tour guides took us onto Star Tours again. Due to the rain, we had to wait a bit but they also gave us all a complementary WDW poncho that we were allowed to keep afterwards. The tour also gives you a skip to the front of the line passes for the meet and greets with the characters in the Star Wars Launch Bay, but you do this at the end of your tour in your free time. You get prior access into the dessert party (the freeze-dried nutella is to DIE FOR) before normal dessert party guests get access. As you head out across to the reserved spot for fireworks viewing, you also get a surprise gift . The small bits of information from the guides is so valuable, its really good value for money. We all left that night with massive smiles on our faces! Again, would massively recommend this.

July 2004; Dec 2007; June/July 2009; July 2011; July 2012; July 2015; June/July 2017

A little short to be a stormtrooper.
ayrpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ciaowood

Originally Posted by ayrpluto View Post
Definitely recommend doing it! Parents, sister and myself did this two weeks ago! Honestly it was so worth the money, you check in and receive (in our case - should be the same but think its subject to change etc) a personalised name badge in the star wars language (cant remember the name :/ ) translation of your own name, a bright orange lanyard with your Star Wars Tour credentials on the front to also help separate you from the other dessert party guests later on. They also get you to give your dinner choice as you sign in (I had the chicken and darth vader waffles), and in our case as it was a very hot day they provided us with a bottle of water each. You get a wee earpiece with a radio to be able to hear the two guides at all times, and they also provide headphones if you are having trouble with the earpiece. In total there was about 30-40 people on the tour. You get reserved spots at the shows and the fireworks display at the end, which saves having to wait and queue for it. They also take you directly to the front of the line for Star Tours, while stopping at points to explain brief pieces of information and pointing out small extra bits you might not have noticed any other time. Usually the younger kids and their families are taken to the Jedi trials of the temple but as my family and a few others didn't have any younger guests, one of the two tour guides took us onto Star Tours again. Due to the rain, we had to wait a bit but they also gave us all a complementary WDW poncho that we were allowed to keep afterwards. The tour also gives you a skip to the front of the line passes for the meet and greets with the characters in the Star Wars Launch Bay, but you do this at the end of your tour in your free time. You get prior access into the dessert party (the freeze-dried nutella is to DIE FOR) before normal dessert party guests get access. As you head out across to the reserved spot for fireworks viewing, you also get a surprise gift . The small bits of information from the guides is so valuable, its really good value for money. We all left that night with massive smiles on our faces! Again, would massively recommend this.
Thank you so much for your review. Sounds like you had an amazing time! We have a 9 and 7 year old and are leaning more likely on keeping our reservation but am slightly concerned my girls will get bored if there's lots of hanging around. It's fab to hear from someone who's done it. Thank you so much
Old 25 Jul 17, 02:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Danny Boy74
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We did this about 10 days ago and would recommend. We also got to march with the First Order. It seems a lot of money initially but when you see the individual components it seems better value (dessert party, dinner, sign up to jedi training included, guided tour for 6 hours). The day we went it was hot with no rain and regularly a cooler would appear from nowhere with ice cold water for us.
Danny Boy74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
WDWMAD
slightly serious Dibber

Love the sound of this, but, was just wondering what time it started, not sure my daughter (who's a massive Star Wars fan) could last from 9am until the fireworks?
WDWMAD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
ciaowood

Originally Posted by WDWMAD View Post
Love the sound of this, but, was just wondering what time it started, not sure my daughter (who's a massive Star Wars fan) could last from 9am until the fireworks?
We need to meet the guides for 3pm, it's a 7 hour tour and it goes on until they leave you at the Dessert party. We are planning on getting to the park for around 12ish
Old 25 Jul 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by WDWMAD View Post
It's from 2.45 not first thing. We did it on the 15th. My ds is 9 and he enjoyed it. There was some hanging about but he wasn't bored.

If you are big Star Wars fans I'd reccomend it.