Old 26 Aug 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
One week trip at two weeks notice - Day 7

31st May 2018 - Typhoon Lagoon and Magic Kingdom

Today was our last full day, so our choice was Magic Kingdom for the evening with the possibility of staying for Happily Ever After depending on how we felt at the time.

We had the rest of the day free and the weather was looking good up to around 4 so we decided to give Typhoon Lagoon a go for a couple of hours as in our other two holidays we’ve only ever done Blizzard Beach. Water parks are not generally something I enjoy. I don’t like water in my face which rules out many of the activities and I’m no good at just sitting on a sun bed for long either but the girls and Dave love a water park, so we agreed to go, but only for a couple of hours.

We arrived around 10:15 and managed to find a spot in the shade away near one of the lazy river entrances. We sorted out towels and left our stuff in this area and headed of to what I would try, the family raft ride. I love the one at Blizzard Beach so thought this would be fine. We started at Miss adventure falls, the queue was pretty short, I love that you get to sit on the conveyer belt in the raft rather than having to carry it up, it was a bit of a squish for four the four of us in the raft, it was over very quickly and one that I would not repeat! There are too many waterfalls on this that catch everyone, so not good for me hating my face getting wet! Everyone else enjoyed though, we all still think the family raft ride at Blizzard Beach is much better.

Next up was the other raft ride you have to ‘roll’ your ride up for this one, I preferred this one, there were less waterfalls, but I still prefer the one at Blizzard Beach.

We decided to try the single person ride next as the kids were feeling brave and I thought I should too. I can’t remember whether it was Mayday falls or Keelhaul falls, what I do remember is that I came down it backwards and ended up flipping out of the ring and underwater, I came up coughing and spluttering to my family all going wow that was fab can we go again, and oblivious to the fact I felt like I’d nearly drowned – clearly I hadn’t as the lifeguard hadn’t even flinched, there is no way I’m ever doing that again!

Not to be completely put off, I thought I should quickly have a go on one more thing as if I didn’t do it now, I never would so we chose Crush n Gusher. I really liked this as did both the girls. After this one ride though, I needed a little break so we had a ride round the lazy river, we did a full lap and ended up back at our seats. We had drinks and some snacks we had brought in our bag, before Dave and the girls headed to the wave pool, while I chatted to the British family who’d set up next to us and recovered from my earlier adventure.

The girls loved the wave pool and when they returned, they wanted to do some more family rides, so we went back to Crush n Gusher and had 2 more rides each. When we got off, we realised it was raining, we headed back to our stuff, which luckily was undercover (for the shade!) and waited it out. It looked to be set to rain for much of the next few hours at least so we decided to leave as we’d already been here longer than planned.

We went back to the Grove and had our usual lunch while the rain continued. We all showered and headed back out to Magic Kingdom around 5, this was for our fast passes and to see if we could wait for the fireworks as we hadn’t seen them yet.

We decided to catch the ferry across as it is my favourite way to arrive at MK, we stood at the front so we could see our arrival and be off quickly too.
We had FP for the three mountains today, starting with Space so this was our first stop. After taking some pictures in the hub area on the way through.

After space, we had a break for food as we wanted to use BTMR and Splash straight after each other. We went to Pinocchio’s village house a I love their flatbreads. We caught the Move it, shake it parade as we again, we crossed the hub, so stood and watched until we could cross.
While we were eating, the heavens opened yet again, so we took our time eating.
Even with doing this, it was still raining when we finished, so we poncho’d up again and moved on, hoping the rides would stay open. They did and we were soon on, with another good ride on both, we caught the railroad from here to Big Top Souvenirs as I’d seen a top in here I liked but hadn’t found in my size elsewhere, they didn’t have it, but I managed to find myself a jumper to travel home in. The girls did a bit of shopping and got toys for their cousins (and Niamh got one for herself too).
Dave managed to nab a fp for Dumbo for Amelia and Niamh so I took them off to that while he paid for our bits.

We then carried on walking towards Main Street while deciding whether to stay for the fireworks or not, with the rain, no one really felt like waiting, so we agreed to head out and maybe catch them from the TTC. The rain had brought a rainbow, so I took a couple of pictures.

We had a look in Bonjour Village gifts on our way out and Amelia chose a t-shirt.
We then headed out down Main Street, as we got close to the train station, I spotted the Sear family waiting for the fireworks, I was unsure whether to say hello or not, but Dave persuaded me to, we stopped and chatted for a few minutes (they were lovely) before we headed out to see if we could make it to the TTC in time.

While waiting for the monorail, we saw the Water Pageant but we were soon on our way. We managed to get to the boat dock area in time and stood to watch the first 5 minutes before the girls had enough and we headed home. Amelia was in tears, I held it together, but I think this was only as we already had 2019 booked up so I knew we’d soon be back. I can’t wait to watch Happily Ever After from the park this time.

Before long we were back and off to bed, ready to check out in the morning.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great last day

Joan
Old 28 Aug 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Another nice day and meeting with the Sears 😊
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely last day. So nice to meet you!

Jo xx

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List