Old 26 Aug 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
The A team
VIP Dibber

The A team's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
One week trip at two weeks notice - Travel Home

Travel home and Future Plans

There won’t be much in the report today, as it was rather uneventful, so I will add some info in about our plans for next year too.

Having looked at the weather forecast, we had decided to not go anywhere in the morning and just to take our time packing up and check out as late as possible. We did exactly this, turning the cleaners away twice, each time informing them that we would be leaving at check out time and not before.

We made sure all electrical devices were charged and all cases were under weight limits and left just before 11. The journey to the airport was fine, we stopped at Chick-fil-A on the way which Amelia was really excited about as loads of the families she watches on you tube go there! It was nice enough for fast food, although neither Amelia or Niamh ate much, they don’t travel well.

We dropped off the car with no problems and were soon checked in and through security, there was a very boring wait post security as there is very little to do in Sanford. We boarded on time and were seated towards the back (Dave was in the very last row, we were across the aisle with one row behind us). The journey was fine until the last 2 hours, where Amelia felt ill. She was sick a couple of times coming in for landing, but Niamh was fine this time. Despite not feeling great, she battled on through security and bag collection, we then had to make one emergency stop on the way home.

Having flown from Bristol, we were home by 10/1030 so we all headed to bed until 12 as none of us had slept on the plane.

And that ends our trip for 2018.

Future Plans

Our plans for 2019 have grown and we are adding in a bit of a road trip prior to Orlando, at the moment are

2 nights in Washington DC – White House, Capitol Building, Mall, Arlington etc
1 night in Roanoke – just as a stop over on our way to
3 nights in a cabin near Asheville (I cannot wait for this bit), we will be zip lining, driving the blue ridge parkway and hopefully hiking Chimney Rock.
1 night in Savannah
6 nights at WDW in Polynesian
7 nights in a Dibb Villa (Hibiscus Ridge) can’t wait to chill out here after a busy two weeks, it looks so beautiful.

We then aim to fly back from either New York or Boston after an overnight stay so that we can fly on a day flight to see if it helps Amelia’s sickness and with the drive home from London.

Thank you to all who have followed and commented, I’m hoping to try and do another report for our road trip and split stay as it’s a great way to remember it all.

Highlands Reserve May/June 2014

Trip report complete July/August 2016 - Beach Club and Sunset Lakes
Trip report complete - One week trip at two weeks notice - The Grove Resort May 2018
7 States Pre-trip (Washington DC, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, New York)
The A team is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie it was a really good week for you all.
I really enjoyed reading along.

And your next trip sounds fantastic

Joan
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great report. Wow you have a lot planned for next trip. You will need your week chill out villa! How old are the girls?
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for sharing your trip, it’s so lovely to have an unexpected holiday. You sound like you had a great week, I wondered if you would stick with the Poly. Your plans for next year look great.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoN21
Apprentice Imagineer

orlandoN21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by The A team View Post
Future Plans

2 nights in Washington DC – White House, Capitol Building, Mall, Arlington etc
I would also try and do the Pentagon Tour. I did it in March and it was so interesting and emotional. You have to apply and submit your passport details at least 3 months before you intend to go.
1991 Travelodge Kissimmee / 1996 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2000+2002 Rosen Centre I-Drive / 2007+2015+solo 2017+ solo Feb2019+solo Dec2019+solo Dec2023+solo June2024 Rosen Plaza I-Drive / 2011 Point Orlando / 2011 Rosen Shingle Creek / 2015 Loews Royal Pacific / solo Feb2019 Hilton Grand Vacations / solo Dec2019 Holiday Inn Disney Springs
orlandoN21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Wow your 2019 plans sound amazing!

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip

Jo xx

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FLAFantastic
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

That 2019 itinerary looks amazing!

Room in your luggage?!

AnnMarie