Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Sep 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisBloke
A Guest at All-Stars

TravelUp - OK to use?

Anyone any first hand experience of TravelUp?

Looking at direct flights MAN-MCO 31Mar to 14Apr and they're coming up way cheaper than anyone else, I keep thinking of the adage 'If it looks too good to be true it probably is' though! I've looked up reviews and there are quite a few bad ones but most seem to be when people have had to change names/dates etc.

Getting a bit stressed looking for flights as have been looking since April hoping for direct flights around £500 each (2A 2C) but they're still around £650 each straight from the airline but these TravelUp ones are coming in at under £1500 all in!

If I book with them is there a way to check everything is booked through to the airline or is there still a way the booking could get cancelled or whatever right up to travelling?

Paul.

Edited at 03:12 PM.
DisBloke is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
We’ve booked with them twice - they were fine and cheaper, although there customer service department aren’t great.
Old 5 Sep 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DisBloke
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Thanks, anyone else?

Also, their site seems to ask for first name and last name for the passengers, does that mean you leave out any middle names even if they’re on the passport?
DisBloke is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
casterton
Apprentice Imagineer

Ive booked with Travelup a couple of times. No problems at all
casterton is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
woodville
Serious Dibber

We had a nightmare with them. No confirmation invoice, several phone calls later, after a week my name was incorrect. They were rude unhelpful did not return calls always a long wait before they answered Phone calls via BT cost £14. Wanted £130 to put another n in my name I had five e tickets before they got it right ... cost me £80 I am sure I spelt my own name correctly and husband checked it all as booking for DD and her family too. We travel to Florida four times a year so very used to booking but have never had such a bad experience. We would never ever use them again and neither would anybody we know.

woodville is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
thisismickey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have used them previously with no issues. Travel up are now expanding their network so a trusted agent.
thisismickey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KateD
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

No problems here either , booked flights last year at a great price
KateD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisBloke View Post
Thanks, anyone else?

Also, their site seems to ask for first name and last name for the passengers, does that mean you leave out any middle names even if they’re on the passport?
Airlines ticketing systems use just first and surname, so no need for middle names.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyHoneymoon
Very Serious Dibber

DisneyHoneymoon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I just used them for exactly the same dates.
I got a VA record locator straight away and can display my booking on the VA website, too. Tickets are both issued yet, but I can see the pending transaction on my credit card, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time.
The only thing is, that travel up shows luggage is included, but VA website shows I'm booked as Economy light, which does not include luggage.
It's also an extra £30 per person per seat to assign a seat. We wanted to pay less than 2000£ all in and even with the added extras, we are still under budget, so I don't mind. But it bothers me, that they showed the checked baggage was included. But I've read this on the dibb before somewhere, so I'll check some updates now.
October 2019 --- All Stars solo trip | April 2019 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2017 --- Disney's Port Orleans Riverside | 2016 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 2015 --- Disney's Old Key West | 2002 --- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort | 1998 --- Disney's (former) Dixie Landings
DisneyHoneymoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

Booked Vancouver flights with them last year - no problems at all with them