Notices

Old 24 Jul 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Got everything crossed for you Emma that strike misses you 🤞🤞🤞 the persistent ADR nags - have made so many tweaks! Go with your gut 😊
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Just found your PTR and looks like you have a wonderful holiday planned Really want to hear more about the Clermont Park Run and Keke's please. Stormalong Bay is amazing and so is Portofino - the Club Room is so worth it! Really hope the BA strikes don't affect you (or any other Dibbers). We are travelling BA later in the Summer (not Florida this time unfortunately) so definitely understand the anxiety...! Have an absolutely amazing time
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Got everything crossed for you Emma that strike misses you 🤞🤞🤞 the persistent ADR nags - have made so many tweaks! Go with your gut 😊
Thank you, and hope the strike misses you too. I have been so indecisive with ADRs. Partly I think trying to balance what the kids want with what I want!

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Just found your PTR and looks like you have a wonderful holiday planned Really want to hear more about the Clermont Park Run and Keke's please. Stormalong Bay is amazing and so is Portofino - the Club Room is so worth it! Really hope the BA strikes don't affect you (or any other Dibbers). We are travelling BA later in the Summer (not Florida this time unfortunately) so definitely understand the anxiety...! Have an absolutely amazing time
Thank you, will definitely update on the parkrun and Kekes. Really good to hear your comment on Portofino too, I have to admit I am quite excited about the club room!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

10 days to go! Getting organised, I got some dollars this week at a painfully low rate (I miss 2008 when it was $2 to the £!). We didn’t need much as we still have some from previous trips and will use our Halifax Clarity card for most things.

After agonising over ADRs and canvassing family opinions, i think we are keeping Crystal Palace lunch and paying for Sana’a OOP. I am still a little on the fence about this as it seems a waste to pay for a meal whilst on site, but am struggling to let go of seeing the Winnie the Poop (as Barnaby calls him!) characters especially Eeyore.

I am relieved our outbound is safe now from the BA strikes, just hoping we can get back at the end!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
10 days to go! Getting organised, I got some dollars this week at a painfully low rate (I miss 2008 when it was $2 to the £!). We didn’t need much as we still have some from previous trips and will use our Halifax Clarity card for most things.

After agonising over ADRs and canvassing family opinions, i think we are keeping Crystal Palace lunch and paying for Sana’a OOP. I am still a little on the fence about this as it seems a waste to pay for a meal whilst on site, but am struggling to let go of seeing the Winnie the Poop (as Barnaby calls him!) characters especially Eeyore.

I am relieved our outbound is safe now from the BA strikes, just hoping we can get back at the end!
So glad you kept Crystal Palace! 😊👍 yes the dollar rate is painful - got most of ours on our revolut card but even then it brings a tear to the eye! Glad you can relax now about outbound flight- am not as bothered about return as would rather get a day added onto hols then taken away, at least that's how I am approaching it! 😆
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

So glad you kept Crystal Palace! 😊👍 yes the dollar rate is painful - got most of ours on our revolut card but even then it brings a tear to the eye! Glad you can relax now about outbound flight- am not as bothered about return as would rather get a day added onto hols then taken away, at least that's how I am approaching it! 😆
Yes that is my thought too on the flights, although the boys are meant to be at school on the Wednesday so don’t really want more than one day added on! But I am thinking that whereas the outbound flight they could just say they would cancel and refund or delay it by days, when we are out there they have to get us home somehow (or I hope they do!)
Old 4 Aug 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Clearly this will change completely, but currently my plans are:

Wednesday 14th - travel, check into Portofino Bay
Thursday 15th - IOA
Friday 16th - Volcano Bay using early entry, maybe one of the other parks after
Saturday 17th - US
Sunday 18th - revisit anything in Universal before moving to Disney. Chef Mickey brunch, then check in at Beach Club. Epcot, including Guardians of the Galaxy live show (has to be this day as it is the last!) Maybe Mexican QS if we are hungry
Monday 19th - AK using EMH. Satuli QS lunch. Afternoon hotel and pool. Storybook Dining dinner
Tuesday 20th - MK. Tony’s lunch plus parade viewing. Late afternoon Disney Springs and Polite Pig
Wednesday 21st - pre park BOG breakfast. Crystal Palace lunch. Afternoon hotel then AK evening
Thursday 22nd - HS. Lunch Pizzarizzo (Sebastian is inexplicably desperate to go here and has gone on about it for months!) and Dockside Diner (I want an alcoholic milkshake!). Hotel break then Sana’a dinner at 5
Friday 23rd - PPO Garden Grill breakfast and Epcot. Check out of Beach Club and move to villa. HS evening (not ideal but only time I could get Slinky). Lunch/dinner depends on what credits we have left!
Saturday 24th - Clermont Parkrun 7.30am probably followed by Kekes breakfast. Chill out at villa, maybe shopping or water park
Sunday 25th - Tuesday 27th Disney park or water park depending how we feel and what we have yet to do, or shopping, or just relax at villa, Windsor Hills pool or play area
Wednesday 28th - relaxed morning, afternoon Amazing Animals
Thursday 29th - do we brave HS?! Or hope another Disney park is quieter?
Friday 30th - maybe try Galaxy’s Edge if we didn’t go for the previous day
Saturday 31st - parkrun again possibly
Sunday 1st - pack up and head for airport

Plans are deliberately vaguer once we are offsite. Meals will almost certainly feature Olive Garden, Chilis, Sweet Tomatoes and Millers.
I also have a $25 Landry birthday credit I feel I should use somewhere
I am hoping that at Universal the food in the club lounge will mainly cover us with some snacks and lighter meals.

I feel quite underplanned for Universal, in my head the express passes mean we can go with the flow a bit more than at Disney. I don’t know what to do about The Hagrid ride though, realistically I can’t make Barnaby queue for hours for a ride he can’t even go on. I might have to send David and the boys to do it after Barnaby goes to bed and sacrifice it for myself (it may be beyond my thrill level anyway)

Alex says he wants to do the Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit, i am unsure if this is a bit too much for a 10 year old to do alone

I still need to decide if I am going to brave Splash Mountain or Expedition Everest
Old 4 Aug 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Great plans you have there! I think you should take the plunge and try Splash and Everest- the worst bit is when you are queuing I think and building it up in your head, then when you ride it is great and you wonder why you didn't do it sooner 😊👍 I was like this with the Hulk then on our honeymoon I bit the bullet and loved it!
Old 4 Aug 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Great plans you have there! I think you should take the plunge and try Splash and Everest- the worst bit is when you are queuing I think and building it up in your head, then when you ride it is great and you wonder why you didn't do it sooner 😊👍 I was like this with the Hulk then on our honeymoon I bit the bullet and loved it!
I probably should. I have done Splash in California and was quite traumatised by it (we were offered a second go straight away because of a problem with the photo and I refused!), but I think it was because I didn’t realise there were other drops you couldn’t see and wasn’t prepared for it. Everyone loved the Florida one last year so I feel like I should try again.

With Everest, i’d quite like to do it but because Barnaby is too small I could only go on with one of the other kids. You are right though, the anticipation is probably worse than the reality. Last time Alex chickened out the first time he and David went to it as he thought the drop was backwards, and Sebastian wouldn’t do it for the same reason then regretted it
Old 5 Aug 19, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Just got our lanyards for Universal in the post, i ordered from a seller on Facebook for £3.50 each and I am really pleased with them