Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Nov 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba1980
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile I-Drive for couple

My DH and I have done WDW with visits to Universal for the past 6 years. We were going to skip next year due to all the fuss with Star Wars Land opening.. But.. because we LOVE the HHNs at Universal we have decided to pop over for a week next October.

We’re staying at Hard Rock so want to find places to eat and drink that don’t cost the earth. We want to visit I-Drive a few nights for food and drinks but having never been, have no idea where to go.

Please could I have some suggestions for places to eat and bars we can get drinks that we don’t need to remortgage the house for? We don’t have kids so don’t need to be family friendly.

Thanks xx

Saratoga Springs WDW 2013 Saratoga Springs WDW 2014 Saratoga Springs WDW 2015 Las Vegas Vow Renewal June 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2017 Las Vegas Feb 2018 Las Vegas June 2018 Cyprus July & September 2018 Saratoga Springs Oct 2018 Universal Studios Adventura Resort and Hard Rock Hotel Oct 2019 Las Vegas July 2022 Port Orleans FQ & Hard Rock 2022
Simba1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Millers Ale House is great value for both food and drinks.

To be honest, there’s every restaurant you can think of on I Drive so it depends on your taste - Olive Garden, Longhorns, Maggianos, Red Lobster, Yard House.

For value we couldn’t beat Millers but my favourite meal was Bahama Breeze.
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 18, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi above all good
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Red Lobster. Definitely worth venturing from your Universal hotel to I-drive for - went twice from Cabana Bay this year. We love it!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Definitely Millers Ale House. There’s one on Kirkman Drive which is nearer than I drive.

Great atmosphere, drinks and food offers. Have a look at their website. Few other places on same strip as Millers but for couple with no kids then Millers best
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

pointe orlando is brilliant look it up loads to do cinema there too
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

oh i so agree we love millers as we stay over road so we always talk about smelling the steak when we walk by to go to walgreens lol
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFan92
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Another vote for millers ale house, great range of food/drinks at great prices. Chilis is another winner for us every trip with 2 for 1 on most drinks all day every day, Buffalo Wild Wings if you’re looking for more of a sports bar too.
FloridaFan92 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
EatandPlay
Apprentice Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Some good answers here for sure! For a couple looking for good evenings/bars along I-Drive that wont cost a fortune I would also consider Rocco's Taco's (on Sand Lake one mile west of I-Drive). A GREAT vibe and its Taco Tuesday's are legendary amongst locals. And World of Beer is across the street! Café Tu Tu Tango and definitely Millers are great too. Carrabba's Italian Kitchen is more affordable than Maggiano's and their Sicilian chicken soup and lasagna are amazing.
Old 26 Nov 18, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Definitely Miller’s but if you’re staying at Hard Rock I wouldn’t bother going all the way down Idrive, head for the one off Kirkman which will be closer

The Pub, Orlando on Idrive atthe Point looks pretty neat but not tried it yet.

There are some good bars around Orlando Eye area. Brick House, Yard House.

Ooh HHN is just the best