Notices

Old 19 Apr 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

The Ultimate Star Wars Experience - February 2020 **the final countdown**

This is my first ever pre-trippie and will be followed by my first ever trip report as I've never really thought before that my holidays would be interesting enough to write up before, until now... So here goes.

Who are we?

I'm Rachael, aka Mum, aka Chief Family Organiser. The first time I went to Florida was 1989 and I've loved it ever since.

The second member of our cast is Rob, aka Dad. Rob's first trip to Orlando was in 2007 courtesy of Tesco Clubcard points (in the days where you could practically fund a trip just through the bonus points on Birds Eye frozen beef in gravy) and he loved it too. Which is handy as we were engaged by that point and if he hadn't liked it there then this story may have had a very different ending. We subsequently went back at least once a year until 2016.

We're joined by Ethan, 9, whose first trip was at the tender age of 6 months. He is a total Star Wars nut and he regularly engages us in lightsaber fights in every day life. It's not a surprise that his favourite holiday destination is Orlando.

Finally, bringing up the rear is Holly, 1. This trip will be her first Orlando experience and we can't wait to take her. She doesn't know it yet, but she will also be a big Florida fan.

The Ultimate Star Wars Experience

A friend who works for Virgin Holidays sent me a text message on Wednesday morning, with this link in it...

virginholidays/the...ars-experience

Immediately it was obvious that the 2 boys in the family would absolutely LOVE this trip and before I knew it I was on the phone to VH and they said they would email me a quote. Then, 4 hours later I'd booked it.

This is very unusual behaviour for me, I usually overanalyse to the nth degree, re-do the budget ten zillion times to check that we can afford to go away without committing to living on beans on toast for 10 months beforehand. I'm not sure what came over me - is this a good indication of the beginning of a mid-life crisis?

The Details

We're flying from Gatwick on the 15th February on a special flight just for the people taking this package - I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I'm hoping than Han Solo and Chewie will be at the helm.

We are then spending 7 nights at the Caribbean Beach Resort with the QSDP and a few special events taking place:

There's a special Star Wars Dessert Party one night (I think it's the day after arriving)

We get a Star Wars themed meal somewhere one night and get to hear from one of the Imagineers who designed Galaxy's Edge.

We also get an exclusive one hour in Galaxy's Edge before the park opens - this should be EPIC!

I think that's covers everything that we get included - the rest is up to us. We'll just spend the whole time at WDW, and rely on the transport systems there which will be a big departure from our usual trips - we generally hire a villa and drive everywhere.

Some initial thoughts

Are we crazy taking a just-turned-two year old to this?
How will be cope spending 7 nights all sleeping in one room?
OMG could I be any more excited despite the above?

Oh, btw, the only people that know about this trip are you, me and Rob, so please don't tell the kids if you see them

Edited at 10:51 PM.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yeah a trippie 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 So excited for you all 😀😀😀😀
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Rachael. My Wife is the avid trip reader - I will make an exception for yours as I adore Star Wars..

However, ref your report. I remember the following I heard a long time ago in a Galaxy far far away.

“Always pass on what you have learned.”

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

And when the Children are tired and play up remember -

“Control, control, you must learn control!”

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Rachael. My Wife is the avid trip reader - I will make an exception for yours as I adore Star Wars..

However, ref your report. I remember the following I heard a long time ago in a Galaxy far far away.

“Always pass on what you have learned.”

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

And when the Children are tired and play up remember -

“Control, control, you must learn control!”

Thanks Tom. I think Holly’s favourite at the moment is “judge me by my size, do you?” 🤣🤣

I don’t think I need to worry about taking her. She’s already had me wearing her brother’s Darth Maul and Darth Vader masks this morning so perhaps she’ll get more out of this trip than I am thinking!
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Rachael - so glad you decided to do this trippie. This experience looks so amazing! Will definitely be following
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Sounds like a fantastic trip!,will be following.I'm sure your little one will absolutely love it,we had 9 of us in 3 rooms at all stars on our first trip,still loved every minute!
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

Looking forward to reading ... will be amazing I'm sure :-)
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Can’t wait to read this! When I read that you had booked this on the other thread I was sorely tempted to ring for a quote! But we have a big trip planned for next July and just don’t think we could do it - we are all huge SW fans. I will probably hang on every word of your report haha 😂
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Stardust5
Imagineer

Yeah, so pleased you decided to do a trip report, I can’t wait to read along with your adventures. We are all huge Star Wars fans so are very excited to see what GE will be like.
Stardust5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Close Call

We had MIL and DH’s cousin around this afternoon and DH came this close (picture finger and thumb almost touching) to giving the game away.

Luckily I was on the ball and shushed him before it was too late. Perhaps my aim of waiting until Christmas to spill the beans is somewhat unrealistic!