Notices

Old 28 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sounds like you have a fab trip planned, looking forward to reading all about it.
I loved San Diego and wished we had more time there as only had the one day. Can highly recommend the Old Town Trolley Tour, really interesting with informative funny guides. You cover the whole city so good if you only have a short time there. Also if you are even just a little fan of Top Gun you must go to Kansas City BBQ where the famous bar scenes were filmed. The food was great, some of the best bbq we’ve had and that’s a lot 😂

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

Great plans. We ate at the Carnation cafe in April and it was great value. Tony Roma’s was ok but service really slow. San Diego is fabulous and La Jolla beautiful.
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Sounds like another great trip you've got planned - looking forward to seeing your Halloween party costumes.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We are all looking forward to this!
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

I saw on Jo's insta that you were going to this side of the world for Disney. I can't wait to read how you get on as we have our sights on visiting LA. Our last WDW trip was hard with our son and we think LA being closer together might be easier for him. And somewhere we haven't been before.

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a fab trip you have planned; I can't wait to read all about it.

Our very first Disney cruise was on the Wonder but we have never been on it since.

Love Jo's dark hair on the first photo too
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
Fabulous trip planning - really looking forward to reading your trip report.
Thank you, we're very excited!

Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
We stayed at home wood suites in Anaheim last year and it was great. Lots of choice for breakfast and dinner. The wine and beer was nice too. We were able to make this our evening meal on mon-thur when it was on. It was a great location. We got the bus from the parking lot but also walkable to the park. Like you, we have been to Florida many times and really enjoyed Disneyland as a wee change. Your trip sounds fab.
Great! Thanks for sharing

Originally Posted by Lee-Anne View Post
Sounds amazing. I just booked the same cruise but October 20-27!
Brilliant! Hope you enjoy it!

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Following along 😀
Thank you

Originally Posted by SuziQz View Post
Ooh, excited to see your new plans. We got off the Magic yesterday after out 1st cruise and had a fab time. DS is 13 and really wants to go back but would prefer more sea days. Think the westbound transatlantic crossing would suit him but unfortunately it’s not in the school holidays. We’ve booked a placeholder with the intention of picking something when 2021 is released.

Looking forward to seeing the differences on the Wonder and also the different rides at Disneyland. Happy plan tweaking
Love the Magic, and we're looking forward to seeing the differences on the Wonder too.

Originally Posted by danisleigh View Post
Can’t wait to read this! We also disembarked the magic yesterday after our second cruise and are doing a west coast road trip next summer. We plan Orlando again for 2021 but will definitely want to do another Disney cruise in 2022 so maybe the new ship or Alaska on the wonder.
Hope you all have a fab time.
Sounds like some great plans

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
Fab! looking forward to reading, have a fantastic time!
Thank you

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Sounds like a wonderful trip! I’m looking forward to reading your report. Have a fabulous time!
Thank you

Originally Posted by Disneynut23 View Post
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. Sounds like an amazing trip, can’t wait to read the report.
Thank you

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Sounds like you have a fab trip planned, looking forward to reading all about it.
I loved San Diego and wished we had more time there as only had the one day. Can highly recommend the Old Town Trolley Tour, really interesting with informative funny guides. You cover the whole city so good if you only have a short time there. Also if you are even just a little fan of Top Gun you must go to Kansas City BBQ where the famous bar scenes were filmed. The food was great, some of the best bbq we’ve had and that’s a lot 😂
Thanks for the tips

Originally Posted by jengibbo View Post
Great plans. We ate at the Carnation cafe in April and it was great value. Tony Roma’s was ok but service really slow. San Diego is fabulous and La Jolla beautiful.
Thank you, we can't wait

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Sounds like another great trip you've got planned - looking forward to seeing your Halloween party costumes.
Thanks! We're looking forward to sharing them

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
We are all looking forward to this!
Not as much as we are!

Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
I saw on Jo's insta that you were going to this side of the world for Disney. I can't wait to read how you get on as we have our sights on visiting LA. Our last WDW trip was hard with our son and we think LA being closer together might be easier for him. And somewhere we haven't been before.
I hope it will be useful

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sounds like a fab trip you have planned; I can't wait to read all about it.

Our very first Disney cruise was on the Wonder but we have never been on it since.

Love Jo's dark hair on the first photo too
Thank you

Edited at 05:54 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We've stayed at the Fairfield Inn and it was great, really handy for the parks and a lovely hotel. The pool is small but adequate for a quick post-park dip, and there is a McDonalds very close, just in case of burger or coffee emergencies!

I bet you are really excited about your first trip to Disneyland, I think you will love it. The park is tiny but perfect, don't forget to look out for the lamp shining in the window above the Fire Station on Main Street - this was Walt's apartment, and the lamp is left lit for him in case he needs to go back there.

California Adventure is loads of fun, check out the lemon dole whip at the Adorable Snowman stand in Pixar Place - yummy!
Old 13 Oct 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

HOW did I miss this? What a trip! It sounds brilliant & you must all be so excited.

Amazing timing with the dry dock so everything should be super new and lovely.

Disneyland is somewhere I can’t wait to go one day and looking forward to reading how you found it x
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
We've stayed at the Fairfield Inn and it was great, really handy for the parks and a lovely hotel. The pool is small but adequate for a quick post-park dip, and there is a McDonalds very close, just in case of burger or coffee emergencies!

I bet you are really excited about your first trip to Disneyland, I think you will love it. The park is tiny but perfect, don't forget to look out for the lamp shining in the window above the Fire Station on Main Street - this was Walt's apartment, and the lamp is left lit for him in case he needs to go back there.

California Adventure is loads of fun, check out the lemon dole whip at the Adorable Snowman stand in Pixar Place - yummy!
Thanks for the comments and tips. Today is the day!

TFR

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
HOW did I miss this? What a trip! It sounds brilliant & you must all be so excited.

Amazing timing with the dry dock so everything should be super new and lovely.

Disneyland is somewhere I can’t wait to go one day and looking forward to reading how you found it x
Thanks for your comments. We’re all really excited - we leave in a few hours!

TFR