Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Feb 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Just don't know what to do!

So my BA flight from Gatwick in September has changed to nearly an hour earlier.

So instead of me leaving at 430 I would have to leave at 330.
I really don't fancy that time of getting up and leaving.

So I thought I'd book the premier inn for the night before and take a leisurely drive down.

But, it is soooo flaming expensive.
I always book the airport lounge, solo traveller so like the calm and safety of charging phones and eating somewhere peaceful.

would you just suck it up and leave earlier or would you spend the extra and get the hotel?

Thanks for reading this far
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I’d book a cancellable room and see if the prices drop nearer the time. You can always decide nearer the time then, with no financial loss to worry about. Either keep the room at the higher price if there are none cheaper available or cancel altogether.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would travel down the night before. My days of getting up at 3.30 to go to the airport are long gone, it makes me so grumpy 😂 Agree with Allie and maybe book the cancellable rate and keep an eye out on any offers etc to get a lower price. We did an airport hotel last year for the first time, and won’t do it any differently from now, unless flying from Heathrow which is 20 mins away so no need to stay overnight.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh gosh. I only live just over an hour from Heathrow but have booked a PI for the night before. Whatever reduces the stress of travelling has to be worth it. Can thoroughly recommend Gable End guest house at Gatwick if it's any cheaper?
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
pastylad
Excited about Disney

i would book a hotel the night before, i dont think i would fancy getting up at that time unless the hotel saving was more than £100.
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracyjj0
Imagineer

Mobile

I never chance driving to the airport the morning of a flight, too many things could go wrong! We booked a hotel at Gatwick using Tesco vouchers, do you have any to use up?
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

We always book the Travelodge at Crawley, usually cheaper than PI, free parking, lots of restaurants & pubs outside the door and a quick easy drive to the terminals in the morning.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post

I couldn't cope with a 4:30am start any more than a 3:30am one. It would definitely be a hotel the night before for me, but it always would have been.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
So my BA flight from Gatwick in September has changed to nearly an hour earlier.

So instead of me leaving at 430 I would have to leave at 330.
I really don't fancy that time of getting up and leaving.

So I thought I'd book the premier inn for the night before and take a leisurely drive down.

But, it is soooo flaming expensive.
I always book the airport lounge, solo traveller so like the calm and safety of charging phones and eating somewhere peaceful.

would you just suck it up and leave earlier or would you spend the extra and get the hotel?

Thanks for reading this far
It would depend where I was going. I am used to getting up and being at work for 4am so early starts don't bother me.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

I would look to book a hotel room if it is within budget, if it isn't I would be getting up early, more time in Florida is always a bonus in my eyes.
MrsEgg is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List