Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Apr 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
kanickie
Very Serious Dibber

Recommended villas/town house gated community for couples?

Hello,

We have always stayed onsite and are starting to toy with hiring a car and renting a villa.

We are a couple in our 30s and are looking for a place in a gated community, near Disney (Uber ride from Disney Springs/Kissimmee area) with a swimming pool (communal is fine).

Have always stayed onsite but are getting priced out and now thinking of staying/eating offsite! I’m sad that it’s come to this but it’s getting to that point these days.

All villas/town houses I’ve looked at are fairly pricey and geared towards families.

Thanks!

Edited at 10:51 PM.
kanickie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kanickie
Very Serious Dibber

Given this a push... maybe villa's aren't good for couples and we should just stick to hotels!
kanickie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

Now that our children no longer holiday with us, we still do villa holidays. Yes a 4/5 bed villa is a bit big for 2 of us, but it actually costs less than a quality hotel and the advantage of having your own outside space and pool. But couldn't do it without a car.
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

We always book a villa for the two of us,its so lovely to have so much space and a lot cheaper than staying onsite.and your own pool is gorgeous
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sorry for my standard tabulated response which I've posted many times on here. Haven't been to Disney for 10 years so can't help on location for easy access. Would never go Florida without a car but dozens of Dibbers rate Uber - I believe that it's some new fangled taxi service

Why villa over hotel?

I’d like to clarify this list though by saying that we’re both 70+ and have visited over 35 times but haven’t been to a park since 2010. Also there’s only two of us in a 4 bed villa. Our needs and holiday plans are highly unlikely to be typical of other Dibbers. Never stayed in a WDW hotel either.

1. Park at your front door not a mile away.
2. Lots of space to spread out
3. Own private pool within 20’ of lounge and use it any time of day.
4. Own spa to watch the sun rise and set.
5. Pop back inside any time for drinks – hot or cold.
6. Spare bedroom to store shopping.
7. Spare bedroom for family occasionally joining us (after notifying owner obviously).
8. Choice of bathrooms if one engaged – including one on the pool deck.
9. Eat meals and snacks whenever you like prepared in the full kitchen.
10. Listen to your own music without offending fellow guests and neighbours.
11. Watch TV in the lounge or bedroom (s).
12. Separate walk in shower in the master bathroom plus a large tub.
13. Ability to keep on top of the clothes washing.
14. The lanai at the villa we use allows shade and sunbathing easily.
15. Freedom of access without wondering if housekeeping are there or have been.

Mick

Edited at 01:26 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

We loved our stay in a 2 bedroom townhouse in Encantada with a private hot tub. The community pool was great and the location perfect.

We have also stayed in a 3 bed condo in Windsor Palms, once again the location was great and loved all the communal facilities: pool, tennis courts, basketball court.

I'd recommend both of these resorts.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sparkles18 View Post
We loved our stay in a 2 bedroom townhouse in Encantada with a private hot tub. The community pool was great and the location perfect.

We have also stayed in a 3 bed condo in Windsor Palms, once again the location was great and loved all the communal facilities: pool, tennis courts, basketball court.

I'd recommend both of these resorts.
Glad you enjoyed your stay in Encantada, we have it booked for our holiday this July(time will tell if we actually get there!). It seems a beautiful resort after researching. We have also stayed in Emerald Island and Oakwater, both of which I’d recommend for their facilities and location. They also do townhouses and condos (Oakwater) is you’d prefer smaller accommodation.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
4. Own spa to watch the sun rise and set.

Mick
Oh Encantada looks lovely.

Mick - love the idea of watching sunrise/set - can I ask where you stay for this?
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Brock
Excited about Disney

We have visited Florida for many years and always stayed in a villa.
For all of the reasons laid out above.
Areas we have stayed along the 192 from Kissimmee to the 27 and up the 27.
Brock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Oh Encantada looks lovely.

Mick - love the idea of watching sunrise/set - can I ask where you stay for this?
The villa is at Highgate Park but we hire from a friend who would prefer that we don't publicise it Not a DIBB villa. Most south facing decks should allow you to see both.

Mick