Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Oct 20, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
We’ve always used theatremonkey/venues it gives good venue advice.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I desperately want to see this, but the access line people haven’t yet responded to my email ( I need a wheelchair and carer seat) and am in the area from which travel has been advised against. Looks like it’s not on the cards for me unfortunately.
Old 15 Oct 20, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

We saw this a couple of years ago and it was amazing. The best musical bay far. Have a fantastic night and take some tissues!
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by clanmacbeath View Post
We saw this a couple of years ago and it was amazing. The best musical bay far. Have a fantastic night and take some tissues!
Hi I think you saw the musical, this is the concert which is also fantastic. We saw it last year on a night that both Boe and Ball where on. The singing of the whole cast was just amazing and the house was brought down by Matt Lucas when he appeared.
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dan123
Imagineer

I joined at 22000 at noon and got two terrible seats (very restricted view) but my son is just happy to be there (fingers crossed). A friend joined at 24000 and they'd sold out. This was on the 1st day with the link

Edited at 11:07 PM.
dan123 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
One of my friends manages the box office at the Sondheim and he is a good point of call to tell me what seats are good and what aren’t in theatres - the online maps totally confuses me of where they are in any space. I much prefer to visit box offices face to face when I can - they are just so helpful and I get the seats that work best for me ( I Find aircraft seat layout confusing enough ... )
Never managed to get on first day but second got a box at back of dress circle M , can’t find any reviews .. realise I’m at the back but wondered if your friend knows if it’s any good ?
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by debs2028 View Post
Never managed to get on first day but second got a box at back of dress circle M , can’t find any reviews .. realise I’m at the back but wondered if your friend knows if it’s any good ?
Does the box have a name ? I have sat in Schonberg last January and it was superb- so much space, can move your chairs around and great view (and able to slip out to the loo at any pint without disturb anyone) - there is another box the other side and that would have a name too - used to be the royal boxes before the re-furb
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Does the box have a name ? I have sat in Schonberg last January and it was superb- so much space, can move your chairs around and great view (and able to slip out to the loo at any pint without disturb anyone) - there is another box the other side and that would have a name too - used to be the royal boxes before the re-furb
Yes it does think it’s Maggie Smith box
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jax1970 View Post
I desperately want to see this, but the access line people haven’t yet responded to my email ( I need a wheelchair and carer seat) and am in the area from which travel has been advised against. Looks like it’s not on the cards for me unfortunately.
Did they get back to you Jackie? They phoned me when I was actually on a boat on Lake Windermere - made the guy's day! He called back later and for once someone had actually read the requirements. He was so helpful, at great pains to explain the seats had a restricted view (happy enough just to be there!) but said we would be able to move chairs around as in some sort of box. Can't wait, something to look forward to. Hope you were lucky x
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Another COVID casualty, my tickets have been cancelled due to the capacity in the theatre needing to be reduced 😢
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List