Old 27 Nov 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I send real cards to family and to those who won’t get many otherwise.

E-cards are much more than just an email. The Jacquie Lawson ones I use have beautiful animations, lovely music and often a game to play. Plus I have chosen each one to fit the recipient in a way I couldn’t if I bought packs of cards.

My parents send over 70 cards every year. I wonder how many are even read before they are recycled?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
I send real cards to family and to those who won’t get many otherwise.

E-cards are much more than just an email. The Jacquie Lawson ones I use have beautiful animations, lovely music and often a game to play. Plus I have chosen each one to fit the recipient in a way I couldn’t if I bought packs of cards.

My parents send over 70 cards every year. I wonder how many are even read before they are recycled?
Those Jacquie Lawson cards are beautiful.

I hate sending/receiving cards, I think they are a waste of time and money. I much prefer to spend the money on the recipient's gift or donate the money and send an e-card, which is what our wider family and friends do.

My son is sending cards to his classmates(primary school), my girls are giving close friends a small gift, cards for grandparents, Godparents and the neighbours which the children deliver.

I love Christmas, just not the cards.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I send real cards, I love a nice Christmas card and try to buy really nice ones. I must be getting old because I like snowy pics and beautiful lit up towns and scenery or anything with wildlife and dogs.
Old 27 Nov 20, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bartswife
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
One of our neighbours doesn't touch their post for 3 days, it gets put on the side - hands washed, then left
Other neighbour has food shopping delivered, driver put it into her open garage, she then takes each item into the adjoining utility room and washes it all down with bleach.
As I said they are very vulnerable, frightened and over cautious here.
My DH is a postman so over the whole of the past few months pandemic can you imagine how much mail and parcels he has handled! He’s not had a day off work for years never mind during the pandemic. My brother and his wife left their shopping in the garage that their daughter had done for them for days over the summer before putting it away including refrigerated foods inc milk I’m so surprised they didn’t poison themselves.
Bartswife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I ordered 2 dozen hand drawn ones from you MH. When will they arrive?
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
Do people still quarantine their post/parcels and shopping? Not critisising just genuinely interested.
I’m not vulnerable but since March I’ve got into the habit of leaving post and parcels in the porch for 24 hours to “de-contaminate”.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I ordered 2 dozen hand drawn ones from you MH. When will they arrive?
Unfortunately due to an overwhelming demand for my hand drawn cards I am unable to send your cards for this Christmas. I am however, taking orders for 2021 Christmas cards.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Unfortunately due to an overwhelming demand for my hand drawn cards I am unable to send your cards for this Christmas. I am however, taking orders for 2021 Christmas cards.
How many did you produce? (Including the original)
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We always send Christmas cards in the post, usually around 70, just bought the stamps during the week.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
How many did you produce? (Including the original)
Due to the kitchen work I only had time to produce 7 cards this year.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List