Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
shona17
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by lorna_99 View Post
I have a horrible feeling what Virgin class as an update and we are customers class as a meaningful update is very different.
Following my disappointment with Disney tonight mayb I’m just being pessimistic but nothing would surprise me now.
I think you’re right , the update will probably be ‘we have no update’
shona17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I just received a text back from virgin ( only took 4 days 🙁 )

We are due to fly on August 11th and I asked about an open ticket and what they are up to with their flight schedule this was the reply:

“At present, the flight is still scheduled to and from Manchester as planned. However, our Manchester routes are currently under review and we're hoping to have an update within the next two weeks.

It's great to hear that you're considering our open ticket offer. What did you need to know?”

I think I might wait and see, but I’m starting to think that they may not be flying from Manchester this summer according to that text message?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

my flights aren't until May but they are both on the Airbus (from Manchester). Hope they don't start changing them as I go to Boston via New York on the outbound and the connection times are ok

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Camsmummy
slightly serious Dibber

We are due to fly 22nd August from Manchester.The flights have change over from the 747 and we finally have seats allocated both ways, BUT I’m really hoping it’s cancelled.We have cancelled Disney this week so now have flights we no longer need. I will hold out for a few more weeks and if they are not cancelled we will go for the open ticket although we really don’t want to do this unless completely necessary.
Camsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
“At present, the flight is still scheduled to and from Manchester as planned. However, our Manchester routes are currently under review and we're hoping to have an update within the next two weeks.

This has been the standard reply for all such enquiries, this so called review has been promised by the 22nd June, we shall see.

Hank
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

Fingers crossed like many other updates it happens tomorrow as Saturdays seem to be their update day.
My glasgow flight is still a non existent 747... not enough PE seats on any of their other aircraft to fit everyone so no idea what virgin plan to do.
I will volunteer to remove myself, dh and brother from the plane to free up some seats if We get refund 😆
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

I asked Virgin on twitter if they had any updates and this was the response:

HI Lorna,We are awaiting news about the recommencement of our Glasgow flights. Everything will be updated on our website and on our social media channels as soon as we can confirm any details
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

The app is no longer showing my booking, as in it can’t find it when I search.
My dates are available to buy again but it’s via. Amsterdam and JFK

Hopefully this means it’s cancelled and I can join the queue for a refund

Edited at 09:33 AM.
Old 20 Jun 20, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

We had booked a virgin holiday to lax flying from Manchester on 6th sept . Checked va site direct flight has disappeared and only indirect flight available on that day . Put missing flight details on flying club did come up but seat map is unavailable . I wonder how long before we get notification of any changes ...I too am hoping we will join the list ...

Edited at 09:43 AM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sjmdisney
Getting Excited

Still has my booking on VA app for GLA - MCO but the booked seats have gone as has the aircraft type
sjmdisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List