Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Aug 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

BA voucher now refused?!

BA sent me an email a few weeks ago with a long spiel about how Disney World is full of restrictions etc, and said that I am now entitled to a voucher for the balance of my holiday paid so far. Trip meant to be in October.

Great - because tbh I don’t want to go with the restrictions and am worried about what I’m seeing over there.

I called BA last week, got through fairly quick. Lady took my details, logged in and said yes you are eligible for a voucher, it will be for the deposit amount as that’s all I’ve paid. Just go online and submit the form.

So I did.

Today I had an email saying unfortunately I do not qualify for a voucher! What the hell? Send me an email saying I can have one and being told over phone I can have one and suddenly not?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Booked as a BA package - flight and hotel.

Edited at 12:32 AM.
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Did you get an ATOL certificate when you booked? When we booked flight and car hire with them we did hence the question as you mention it was a package. If you have a certificate get in touch with ATOL and see if they can help or will pay out.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I had the same thing went round the houses for a few weeks unfortunately they wouldn’t give me the voucher until this week
Old 1 Aug 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Wazowskiscar View Post
BA sent me an email a few weeks ago with a long spiel about how Disney World is full of restrictions etc, and said that I am now entitled to a voucher for the balance of my holiday paid so far. Trip meant to be in October.

Great - because tbh I don’t want to go with the restrictions and am worried about what I’m seeing over there.

I called BA last week, got through fairly quick. Lady took my details, logged in and said yes you are eligible for a voucher, it will be for the deposit amount as that’s all I’ve paid. Just go online and submit the form.

So I did.

Today I had an email saying unfortunately I do not qualify for a voucher! What the hell? Send me an email saying I can have one and being told over phone I can have one and suddenly not?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Booked as a BA package - flight and hotel.
Have you told them you'd previously been told you could have one? If not I'd send them a copy of that email.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mention ‘variation to contract’ and ‘promissory estoppel’.
Old 1 Aug 20, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

I understand that a voucher can be applied for online for flight only bookings.
If a package (BA Holidays) you need to speak to them, not BA & make the request over the phone.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I had an email sent saying not eligible, when I contacted them on chat they said it was because my booking is october so need to re-apply end of august as they only up until september bookings atm 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

This is a worry. We accepted the voucher for our deposit. We had a fly drive booked. Not able to rebook yet though.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I took the voucher option for my cancelled April trip And use it to book my nov trip with flights and hotel didn’t have any issues
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I’m trying to get through to them now! Was on hold, spoke to someone who are putting me through to the right person. No music playing though just a weird crackling sound. Not sure what’s going on there...

Maybe it’s too early - maybe I’ll get it at the end of August - just don’t understand why the email got sent yet if that’s the case - oh well, I’ll let you know my outcome! I tbh doubt the borders will be open pre election anyway.
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List