Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 Mar 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_lover_UK
Being a bit Goofy

WDW Free Dining 2021 - Will it happen?

We are scheduled to go WDW end of this April, fully aware it wont go ahead, just waiting on the option to cancel become available too us!

However, I am tempted to amend to next year, if the free dining offer comes into play? Do we think it will? When could we expect it?

Thanks
disney_lover_UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney_lover_UK View Post
We are scheduled to go WDW end of this April, fully aware it wont go ahead, just waiting on the option to cancel become available too us!

However, I am tempted to amend to next year, if the free dining offer comes into play? Do we think it will? When could we expect it?

Thanks
I believe the announcement is due tomorrow. I’m waiting also as doubt we’ll be going in July/Aug.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
MagicGigi23
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by disney_lover_UK View Post

Thanks
Wondering the same here - we were due to go 25th April now looking at Feb and crossing fingers for free DDP again!
MagicGigi23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

I have no inside knowledge but there's every reason to believe that free dining will be offered for 2021. Disney are going to be super keen to draw the crowds back. Unfortunately for us, if the restrictions on arrival dates around Easter are the same as previous years, we won't be able to benefit from free dining next year.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We're hoping to book too but I wasn't sure if they would announce it at the moment whilst all this is going on.
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_lover_UK
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by stepmead View Post
I believe the announcement is due tomorrow. I’m waiting also as doubt we’ll be going in July/Aug.
that would be amazing if that does happen! Are you expecting it just based on previous years announcements or heard it on the grape vine?
disney_lover_UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Somebody on the May group phoned up Disney to reschedule to next Feb. The cm basically said wait until free dining is released (which will be very shortly) before you change.
I think even if it wasn’t planned they will now do it as will want the bookings.
They are offering free dining for US booking for this year from June which is not usually offered.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good news in the middle of all this for all those hoping to book for next year!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

With the huge number of DVC points being banked to 2021 I hope Disney don't offer Free Dining at any DVC Resorts to allow the DVC Members a full inventory.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We were waiting for free dining to come out but now we will have to wait as we have a trip to California booked for the end of August this year which is highly unlikely to go ahead now so we will need to rebook that for next year meaning Florida will have to wait til 2022 😫
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List