Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 25 Jul 20, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Anyone going to Spain in the next few weeks?

Just wondering if anyone in same boat as us! So Florida obviously got cancelled in August and we moved it to next year, and as soon as government announced that you wouldn’t need to quarantine coming back from Spain, we booked a Jet 2 flight to Malaga, and an apartment we’ve stayed in many times before in La Cala on the Costa del. Starting to become a bit worried about some of the alarmist headlines in the tabloids about re-introducing the quarantine/ removing travel exemption given the current covid spikes in some of the regions.
Hoping that if they re-introduce restrictions they might be regionally based rather than blanket. Be interested to hear the thoughts of any other dibbers due to travel to Spain soon?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

In the tabloids? It is also been reported on the BBC too. 2nd headline today
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Moorlandman;14588541]In the tabloids? It is also been reported on the BBC too. 2nd headline today[/

Yes I’ve seen this- thanks. Hence my concern. The original stories were a few day’s ago, mostly in the tabloids.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
Just wondering if anyone in same boat as us! So Florida obviously got cancelled in August and we moved it to next year, and as soon as government announced that you wouldn’t need to quarantine coming back from Spain, we booked a Jet 2 flight to Malaga, and an apartment we’ve stayed in many times before in La Cala on the Costa del. Starting to become a bit worried about some of the alarmist headlines in the tabloids about re-introducing the quarantine/ removing travel exemption given the current covid spikes in some of the regions.
Hoping that if they re-introduce restrictions they might be regionally based rather than blanket. Be interested to hear the thoughts of any other dibbers due to travel to Spain soon?
Yes ,we are due to go to Manilva mid August .
If we have to quarantine on return we can all do this so that’s ok but it does look worrying .
We cancelled a really big west coast /Hawaii trip so I’ll be gutted if we can’t go .
Like you I was seeing it mostly in the rags and nothing on the news so was hoping it was just twaddle as usual.
Will read the news story now .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Yes, but only just .
It’s been in the red tops for the last couple of days which is why I took it with a pinch of salt.
I know you enjoy the doom and gloom though ..
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I still can’t find it in the news, on the bbc app or sky
Old 25 Jul 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Some holiday providers have said they will not fly to anywhere with quarantine and will cancel any holidays if quarantine is re-imposed at either end of the flight.

A positive for many in that they can claim a refund if they do. Not so much if quarantine wasn't an issue.

Edited at 11:00 AM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

As a nurse I believe I’m exempt from quarantine?, dh works from home so theoretically shouldn’t be a problem if we had no other option. Incidentally, we aren’t booked as a package, so I believe the flight would go ahead even if quarantine re-introduced, and I don’t think we’d get a refund on the accommodation either 😩. Keeping everything crossed!
Endless Summer 2023
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
I still can’t find it in the news, on the bbc app or sky
The only thing I can see on the BBC is about nightclubs and late bars closing in Catalonia- nothing about banning travel to Spain or imposing quarantine from what I can see. Will have to see how the next week plays out. I’ll not get the cases out just yet 😩😂!
Endless Summer 2023
Old 25 Jul 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

It's TUI and Jet2 saying they will cancel flights if quarantine is reintroduced.

google/amp/s/mir...s-22409598.amp
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List