Old 26 Aug 20, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Universal Club (HRH - noisey?)

We usually book RPR club but looking at my dates for next year, it appears that one night isn’t available in the middle of our stay.
I won’t be booking until FCO is lifted but at the moment my options are:
RPR Standard room (missing the club element)
HRH Club (hubby has reservations about the noise in the hotel)
PBH Club (concerns about whether it is kid friendly and Maybe too far out as we prefer to not rely on the boats).

I would like to try HRH but my husband wears hearing aids and is irritated by loud background noise. Is this an issue at HRH?

We will be staying for a week and have two boys aged 11 & 7. PBH club for the week is about £120 more than HRH.

Edited at 11:38 AM.
Dendycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I didn't notice HRH club room to be noisy. I did find that it was bigger and therefore easier to get a table over RPR. My DH wears a hearing aid and he never complained about noise levels.

I'll be interested to read other responses about Portofino Bay as we are also looking to try there next year, and my DG's are similar ages.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Originally Posted by JanetteP View Post
I didn't notice HRH club room to be noisy. I did find that it was bigger and therefore easier to get a table over RPR. My DH wears a hearing aid and he never complained about noise levels.

I'll be interested to read other responses about Portofino Bay as we are also looking to try there next year, and my DG's are similar ages.
Ah thats interesting. I thought that the club room in hrh was smaller so good to hear otherwise. Did he have any issues with the noise around the pool or the lobby? Just if he moans for the full week then it will ruin the holiday for all of us 🙄
Old 26 Aug 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I found the hard rock to be very noisy compared to royal Pacific and portofino,they play music til late in the pool and there was lots of families screaming and shouting til late into the night, I personally wouldn’t stay there again, however am a big fan of the restaurant “the kitchen” at the hotel it’s very good
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
Ah thats interesting. I thought that the club room in hrh was smaller so good to hear otherwise. Did he have any issues with the noise around the pool or the lobby? Just if he moans for the full week then it will ruin the holiday for all of us 🙄
I think I've got that the wrong way round, in that RPR lounge is bigger than HRH!

He never noticed that the noise levels were really very loud in either to be fair.

I like the wow factor of HRH but really want to try Portofino as there's hot items for breakfast, which will make a change.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

We’ve done Club at RPR and Portofino. I was the proud owner of the long thread of RPR food photos if you’ve ever seen it!
We were huge RPR fans but had an equally good if not better experience in Portofino with kids. The lunch options and snacks were much better we found. Club lounge was much busier in PFB and further from rooms. The rooms are huge and pool facilities are much better than RPR. We should have been checking out of their tonight after a 7 night stay 😢
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We have done hrh and rpr. Hrh was noisier , especially in a pool view room late in the evening. General noise around the hotel or in the rooms was not noticeably different. We preferred the pool at rpr.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We have only done Club at Portofino but it was excellent. My kids loved it. The breakfast was superb - great selection and tasty. The evening offerings were more than sufficient for a meal and were good as well. The main room is big and there is a side room with seating for when it gets busy. We were there in August and it never got too busy.

The Club rooms are spread out rather than being on one floor - we asked for one near the Club room and were literally a 2 minute walk from it.

Wonderful hotel as well. We adore RPR but PBH is better in every way. The walk back from the parks isn't that far but it can seem it under the hot sun after a day walking round. We did it a few times when the boats were really busy but the boat was a better option.

The theming is great - the icing on the cake is the opera singers. Great entertainment.
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Uptonspark
Excited about Disney

Uptonspark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I think it's the constant background music in HRH that you may be worried about? As I've found the normal "people noise" is no worse there than most other hotels. They do though have pop/rock music playing constantly in the background, which personally I love. It's not too loud but loud enough that you find yourself singing along sometimes. I have no experience of what that would mean for a hearing aid user though. Sorry if this makes little sense but hope it helps.
Uptonspark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Originally Posted by Uptonspark View Post
I think it's the constant background music in HRH that you may be worried about? As I've found the normal "people noise" is no worse there than most other hotels. They do though have pop/rock music playing constantly in the background, which personally I love. It's not too loud but loud enough that you find yourself singing along sometimes. I have no experience of what that would mean for a hearing aid user though. Sorry if this makes little sense but hope it helps.
Yes it is the background noise as he has problems filtering sounds. Thanks everybody for your replies. I’m thinking PBH might be the best bet even if a bit more expensive. Good to try new things! X