Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Sep 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Yankee Candle Tart Burners

Does anyone have a tart burner?

I was given one at Christmas and must have spent over 24 hours burning it but the wax doesn't seem to be evaporating at all.

Should the wax disappear or is it just the scent that goes and therefore should I just ditch the remaining wax (which does seem to have lost its scent quite a bit.)
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

It’s just the scent which goes. I usually find each one lasts a couple of evenings.
Mqt is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Thanks for such a quick reply.

I think I should change mine then I've been using it for months!
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wax melts are my favourite!
The scent may last for up to two t-light burns but no more .
When the melt hardens just light a T-light for a few minutes, this will just loosen the wax and it should come out in one piece, wipe the holder with a dry cloth and your good to pop in a new melt .
Enjoy, there are so many good scents out there , I have bought quite a lot from Asda as they sell the Yankee ones .
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

As above the wax wont go just the smell.

Another tip for removing wax from the pot is pop in the freezer for a few minutes and the wax will slide out, although don't light a tea light underneath until back to room temp. (learned from experience )
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

I have LOADS of tart burners! I love wax melts!

Wax doesn't go away but fragrance does. 2 or 3 evenings at a push then needs changing I find.
(I have saved all my old waxes in a carrier bag and have made 'new' candles out of them rather than throw them away, it's such a waste, I think!
I just sort them into related colour piles and melt say the 'pink' ones in an inner pan, add some stearine, pour into a mould and they make lovely candles )

The ways I get wax out are, as have been suggested above, freeze for a while and they pop out,
light a candle under the cold wax for a minute to loosen it (My glass Yankee Candle burner is great for this!) or - shape a silver foil cake case like you'd get from an individual Cherry Bakewell for example, to fit the bowl of your wax burner, when cold you can very easily get the hard waxes out by lifting it and it just pops straight out)
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
I have LOADS of tart burners! I love wax melts!

Wax doesn't go away but fragrance does. 2 or 3 evenings at a push then needs changing I find.
(I have saved all my old waxes in a carrier bag and have made 'new' candles out of them rather than throw them away, it's such a waste, I think!
I just sort them into related colour piles and melt say the 'pink' ones in an inner pan, add some stearine, pour into a mould and they make lovely candles )(
That's a really good idea never though of that, I am now going to give that a go.

I do find with some tarts there is a bit of lingering smell in the wax but not enough to burn so I put then in my 'small's drawer and find they leave a bit of fragrance.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

Mobile

My neighbour runs her own business making wax melts and candles. I love them and have numerous flavours/ scents! Just treated myself to a new electric burner yesterday, but before that I would burn a small cube of wax for 2 tea light burns; approx 8hrs. I always remove old wax by heating very slightly, pouring out and wiping with a cotton wool pad. Kitchen roll or tissues dont clean it as well.
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Shouldn't admit this but didn't know the wax doesn't disappear the level does go down a bit, but not much.. thought it didn't smell much of anything last time I lit it.

Felt a bit guilty ditching the last wax when I switched flavours. Great idea mixing them in to other candles to add colour. I've got some mounds to use and spare wicks so will experiment this weekend
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I love wax melts including Yankee and also some which are sold in Walmart. I discovered last week on a rare Asda visit that they do some of the Walmart ones over here. I bought myself a few packs as I’ve missed my USA trips this year and am usually well stocked up!
Mqt is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List