Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Oct 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

New here - Villa Holiday!

Hi Everyone,

I am new here. This is my first post. I am a huge Disney fan (first time was as a baby) and in 2022 I intend to go back with my husband and my 1 year old.

I wanted to ask some advice about booking a villa. I was intent on staying on-site Disney but after coming on here and seeing some villa posts, I started my villa research and found some great deals. This was much more affordable than the motel style rooms Disney do.

What websites or booking agents would you recommend for a villa? I quite like Windsor Palms. I found a website through here called I want a villa.com but not sure of the legitimacy of this website? There was another one also called home away.com

Can you recommend some nice websites to book through?

Also, my next question to parents. I am a first time mum due in April next year. We don’t intend to drive in a Orlando and would be taking Uber’s to the parks. Is it okay to use a car seat as a pram (fits into the pram) to get around not carrying a separate car seat everywhere or did any of you get away with not using a car seat with a 1 year old.

Thanks everyone and I hope your all well.
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

I can not help with the car seat, but with villas i have stayed in one and it was lovely. There is a villa section on The Dibb and you can put your requirements i.e how many rooms, how far from Disney you want to be etc and the results will come up.

I found one through the Dibb in Formosa Gardens - was a fantastic position and one of the closest villa areas to Disney. I had no problems, they were really informative.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I've only stayed in a villa once and booked it through the villa section on here. Communication with the owner was easy, the villa was lovely and it was nice having lots of space and a private pool. But, we did need a car to get around. I suppose we could have used Uber but it wouldn't have been convenient.

Have you stayed on site at Disney before? What you'd lose in space and privacy, you'd gain in having the convenience of Disney transport. It'd also be easier for you to go back to your room in the day time so the little one can have a nap.

Edit to add - Welcome to The Dibb!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi and welcome to the Dibb

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I've been looking for a few trip reports that might give you a few ideas of travelling with little ones -

abiknox travelled with a young baby https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...0#post13055360

Lisalollipop travelled with a toddler - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150674

I'm sure there are lots more over on the trip report section but these two initially came to mind.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde

Thanks, everyone for your great and helpful advice.

I will check out the villa form page thanks Disney Jo

Beth_Disney, thanks for your recommendations of previous travellers with babies. I will check those out. I haven't stayed on-site before. My family took me as a child to Orlando and my dad always rented a car for off-site hotel/villa.

This will be the first time going with my husband who has never been. We could drive as he is a driver but, I am very scared of him driving in Orlando.

As for staying on-site I did really want to do that but, the only ones we could afford are likely the value or moderate resorts and I just need that out-door space or a balcony. My dream resort would be contemporary but it's very expensive. Maybe in a few years but, as a growing family, I just can't justify £7k plus for a 2 week holiday if that makes sense.

Some of the villas I saw looked amazing, its just where to book them. Thanks again everyone.
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theotherblonde View Post
Thanks, everyone for your great and helpful advice.

I will check out the villa form page thanks Disney Jo

Beth_Disney, thanks for your recommendations of previous travellers with babies. I will check those out. I haven't stayed on-site before. My family took me as a child to Orlando and my dad always rented a car for off-site hotel/villa.

This will be the first time going with my husband who has never been. We could drive as he is a driver but, I am very scared of him driving in Orlando.

As for staying on-site I did really want to do that but, the only ones we could afford are likely the value or moderate resorts and I just need that out-door space or a balcony. My dream resort would be contemporary but it's very expensive. Maybe in a few years but, as a growing family, I just can't justify £7k plus for a 2 week holiday if that makes sense.

Some of the villas I saw looked amazing, its just where to book them. Thanks again everyone.
Driving in Orlando is really easy, honestly! The cars are large and automatic, car parking spaces are easy to get into and out of, the lanes are wide and there's plenty of notice when you need to leave the main road.

I drive quite a lot in the UK for work and find driving in USA so much more enjoyable. The worst bit is the initial drive from the airport to the accommodation as you're just getting used to the controls and are a bit tired after the flight.
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
For villas, as mentioned already, check out the villas on the Dibb. Others have used sites such as HomeAway to book.

If you are looking at villas, I’d personally recommend driving. You’ll want to go grocery shopping, eating out, outlet shopping, theme parks etc. With a baby, it might be easier with your own transport.

If you are focusing on Disney, it may be worth relooking at on-site - with the transportation options, it’ll make it easier going to and from the parks etc. Check out renting DVC points for the delux hotels - might work out a similar price to the moderates direct, with the bonus of a kitchenette.
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde

Hi Beth, thanks for your advice. Yeah, it's hard to explain but it's not the driving being easy or hard that worries me. My husband is black and I am really concerned about his safety as a non-white person. When you hear so much in the news about the police pulling black people over in America and then the whole gun thing, it just scares me so much! It probably might be fine as I know not everyone or every police officer is racist but, I can't help worry. It's already difficult getting through an airport.
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde

Thanks I will check out DVC but always came out expensive when previously looked. I think I will have to wait a while to price 2022 for DVC points. You are right on-site is easier all around. I only ever considered a villa yesterday for the first time..