Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Aug 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Just graduated!

Many thanks to all those who've been so supportive and encouraging.

For those thinking about it it's a really good system.

I hope to do a few more runs in Florida and keep going in the UK.

I hope those on it get to the end.
Well Done! I have 4 runs to go.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

So Monday brought me my first blister on the side/bottom of my foot. I then did my run today and it was agony even with 2 plasters on and now got a smaller one on my other foot too 🙁. I put 2 plasters on it but it didn’t help. I have a 2 day rest now so I’m hoping they both heal super quick. I don’t understand why all of a sudden my trainers are causing this when they have been fine for the last 8 weeks 🤔
Old 9 Aug 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
So Monday brought me my first blister on the side/bottom of my foot. I then did my run today and it was agony even with 2 plasters on and now got a smaller one on my other foot too 🙁. I put 2 plasters on it but it didn’t help. I have a 2 day rest now so I’m hoping they both heal super quick. I don’t understand why all of a sudden my trainers are causing this when they have been fine for the last 8 weeks 🤔
What kind of socks are you wearing? How long have you had your trainers, and do you use them for anything other than running?
Old 9 Aug 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
Well done! It’s a great feeling isn’t it 👍. I graduated the week before we went to Florida and did 3 30 min runs before we went. I took my running gear with me and went out 2 times during the first 2 weeks of our holiday. I could only manage 15 or 20 mins each time. The heat and humidity was really draining. We got back on Monday and I’ve struggled with jet lag since. Did one run on Wednesday and could only manage 20 mins. Hope to try again tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll get back into it over the next few weeks. I couldn’t believe how hard it would be to maintain 😬
Thanks.

Well done and hope you get back into it.

Well Done! I have 4 runs to go.
Thanks.

Hope your feet get better soon.
Old 10 Aug 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Just graduated!

Woohoo! Well done You've done so well to finish even when on holiday. I'm one behind you. Hoping to graduate tomorrow or Monday - fingers crossed!
Old 10 Aug 19, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Just graduated!

Well done to you
Old 10 Aug 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Woohoo! Well done You've done so well to finish even when on holiday. I'm one behind you. Hoping to graduate tomorrow or Monday - fingers crossed!
Thanks. Hope it goes well.

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
Well done to you
Thanks.

Old 10 Aug 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
What kind of socks are you wearing? How long have you had your trainers, and do you use them for anything other than running?
I’ve had my trainers for a few years, worn a few times a year for running but have been used every time during this C25K app. Not had issues ever before. I wearing primark trainer socks. Maybe I need thicker better quality socks.
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I’ve had my trainers for a few years, worn a few times a year for running but have been used every time during this C25K app. Not had issues ever before. I wearing primark trainer socks. Maybe I need thicker better quality socks.
I ask about the trainers as I had a pair of Saucony running trainers, and all of a sudden they went from being comfortable to crippling me, though it was pains in my legs rather than blisters. Turns out they needed replacing, the support in them had finally given up the ghost, hence the immediate onset of problems. You should only do 500-600 miles in a pair of trainers before replacing them, so if you’ve had them for years, that might be the problem.

Socks are super important. I have specific running socks and they’re great, as long as you line them up properly when you put them on. I bought a couple of different types, and one is definitely better for me than the other, so don’t be afraid to try some until you find ones you like.

I trained for a half marathon and the only blister I got was on race day (as a result of the first few miles being extremely soggy), so your shoes and/or socks need adjustment if you’re getting them doing shorter distances.
skalexander is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudeB View Post
Well done! It’s a great feeling isn’t it 👍. I graduated the week before we went to Florida and did 3 30 min runs before we went. I took my running gear with me and went out 2 times during the first 2 weeks of our holiday. I could only manage 15 or 20 mins each time. The heat and humidity was really draining. We got back on Monday and I’ve struggled with jet lag since. Did one run on Wednesday and could only manage 20 mins. Hope to try again tomorrow. I’m sure I’ll get back into it over the next few weeks. I couldn’t believe how hard it would be to maintain 😬
I’ve struggled to maintain too! I tend to run for about 20-25 mins each time now but I’m not putting any pressure on myself anymore. I run because I enjoy getting out and enjoy the exercise
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List