Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 15 Oct 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Campinggirl
Very Serious Dibber

Run Disneyland Trip - Day 2 - 5K

For the previous day see here: https://DIBB.in/14126226

For the index see here: https://DIBB.in/14126050

Firstly I will apologise in advance for the number of photos from today but I hope you enjoy them, especially the race ones.

The kids were delighted to see their dad, he was pretty tired from a late night so we woke relatively late and went for breakfast at Cape Cod.

This is a good buffet breakfast, not quite on a par with DLH but very good nonetheless.

After breakfast we went back to the room to fetch the documents we needed for the expo (passports and waiver forms for the children) and headed over there.

The expo area is between the MacDonalds in the Village and the Newport Bay hotel, there is a security area to the left as you look across from Newport Bay towards the Hotel New York (soon to be Marvel Hotel) which makes for extremely easy access from Newport Bay to the expo / start of the runs. Throughout the weekend there were rumours that this access would be closed. In reality the only closure was for the children's races but this was not a real problem as it was nice to walk the 'long way' back after the 10K to cool muscles down. By the time I had finished the 1/2 marathon the normal walkways were open again.

I would therefore recommend the Newport Bay hotel for the run weekend for ease on access so long as they continue to allow access in the way they did this year.

Here are some photos from the expo:

As you can see there were some fun photo opportunities at the expo!

We collected our bibs easily to discover that we were all in corral C except from Simon who was in B, there are 4 corrals in the Run Disney Events that a-d that run after the elite and wheelchair/ disabled atheletes. There is a definite advantage to being placed in an earlier corral as you start earlier and get more character opportunities. Run Disney Paris currently run this on a random basis, they do not ask for proof of time, I must say it is completely random as there is no reason why Simon was put in a different corral especially as we all booked together via the Disney Website. Any how we all decided to run together from C.

We had a quite walk back to the hotel to dump our bibs etc and then headed back to the parks wearing our 5 K race shirts!

First ride? You guessed it BTM!

This transpired to be our only ride of the day! The parks were noticeably busier than the Thursday.

From there we went to Restaurant Des Stars which I much prefer over Plaza Gardens for a park buffet (it is quieter and calmer) here are a couple of the offerings , they do also do plain food like Pizza , nuggets etc but I didn't take a picture. The kids like the soft serve ice cream.

From here we headed back to NPB to get ready to enter the corrals.

I bought Phoebe a new pair of ears to go with the Lion King theme, she loves Timon and Pumba so they seemed appropriate.

The kids and Simon decided to go for a swim, (a mistake in hindsight ) and I decided to go for a walk to try to find the Simba ears, they weren't available in the NPB shop so I ended up heading over to Sequoia Lodge and found them there.

Having taken the advice of others we arrived early to the corrals. The atmosphere was very exciting with lots of fancy dress. This turned out to be a mistake as the corrals are claustrophobic and very noisy and Joseph didn't cope well. We hadn't thought about ear defenders and in honesty I didn't think he'd be able to run. Simon and Joe left the corral for a while and went for a walk and someone gave him some sugary sweets. He did manage to start but if we do this event again ( we are doing similar in the US in a few weeks) I will ask for accommodations.

Unless you like waiting then there is no need to get there two hours early. The only advantage is that if you want to meet characters you need to start as early as possible. Some people in the final corral in the 5K did not get to see any which is a shame for them given that they pay the same race fee as everyone else.

In the end Simon ran ahead with Joseph and Phoebe and I stopped for 3 characters. We missed Remy and Emile at the end as the queue had finished.

My favourite costume of the Run Weekend !
don't know how they managed to run together!

Some of the character greets -

My favourite part of the races was running through the backstage areas and the parks

The end of the race -

Phoebe and I were more of less the last to finish. The boys had gone ahead to eat at the hotel, the restaurant there was shut by the time we had finished so we went to The Earl of Sandwich for take out and then headed back to the hotel for a relatively early start as Simon and I had an early start the following morning.
Campinggirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List