Old 1 Apr 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Georgia was pleased to hear the characters speak English, she is looking forward to meeting Gaston now 😀 .

I had found the meal plans confusing when I looked to, but I think I’m understanding better now due to reading lots of Dibb trip reports. Your explanation has helped a lot too, thank you.

We were hoping that the newly refurbished Art of Marvel hotel would be open for our trip next year but I have a feeling we may just be a little too early. We may consider Newport Bay hotel otherwise, both of these have the more expensive half board plan included. Although the food on the buffets look really good if we do book the Cheyenne or Sante Fe.
Having the meal plan was nice, because it was good to have it all paid in advance. Of course we didn't need to eat 2 buffets and have the breakfast every day. It was way too much food, but then I knew it would be going in and as it was our first time I sort of thought it would be simpler this way.

You are right those 2 hotels are in the more expensive meal plan category. I would think of them as moderates and the Cheyenne and Santa Fe as values in wdw speak! But I'm sure it's not as simple as all that and other dibbers who are more knowlegable will give much better descriptions.

The red boards which blocked the paths and stumped us on our first day were the boards around the marvel hotel. I hope it is finished I'm sure that would be awesome to stay in and is right next to the village, barely a 2 minute walk to the village, so is closer than Cheyenne and Santa Fe, if that makes a difference to you.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I keep trying to find out when the Marvel hotel is opening but it just says Summer. We may go in June or July, not sure which yet. The free half board offer for next year means we have to book by October 1st though, and at the moment there doesn’t seem to be any way of booking a room at the Marvel hotel on the website for next year so unless that changes in time to get free half board, we may have to book a different hotel. We are all really big Marvel fans though so we are keeping fingers crossed 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I keep trying to find out when the Marvel hotel is opening but it just says Summer. We may go in June or July, not sure which yet. The free half board offer for next year means we have to book by October 1st though, and at the moment there doesn’t seem to be any way of booking a room at the Marvel hotel on the website for next year so unless that changes in time to get free half board, we may have to book a different hotel. We are all really big Marvel fans though so we are keeping fingers crossed 😀
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, plus I'd love to see the photos of the marvel hotel in your trip report

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

You did so much!

I love how they change the other riders on the Hyperspace Mountain photos so you don't have strangers in them. So clever!

Good to know that the characters speak English, I had wondered about that.

The Pirates & Princesses show looks impressive. I like the winter outfits that the princesses have as it is a lot colder than in Florida.

Hurrah for staying for the fireworks. They really are good, though I wish they had Moana.

Your food looks really good, you and Kate are both doing well with the buffet plates at DLP, I wonder what Max would have made of it?! Haha

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
You did so much!

I love how they change the other riders on the Hyperspace Mountain photos so you don't have strangers in them. So clever!

Good to know that the characters speak English, I had wondered about that.

The Pirates & Princesses show looks impressive. I like the winter outfits that the princesses have as it is a lot colder than in Florida.

Hurrah for staying for the fireworks. They really are good, though I wish they had Moana.

Your food looks really good, you and Kate are both doing well with the buffet plates at DLP, I wonder what Max would have made of it?! Haha
I thought the overlays they put on other peoples faces in the photos was pretty cool too, it made us feel like we were actually Star Wars pilots!

The winter outfits do look great, don't they, so cute and such a fun little show.

We did watch the fireworks properly another night and I had remembered your tip about getting up close to a railing, but then a lady pushed her little kids in front as they needed to see anyway I'm getting ahead of myself that's a story for another day.

Apart from the fairly basic buffet the first night the rest were pretty good, not gourmet of course, but we enjoyed them. I'm sure Max would have stolen the show as there were plenty of pieces of cheese and he is partial to a chunk of cheese or perhaps even two chunks.

Old 6 Apr 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

That was a really busy day. You managed to get a lot done. I’m so excited to try BTMR and Hyperspace Mountain. I do like be a good coaster. I like the idea of trying not to scream. No way I’d manage that. The screaming is part of the fun

We don’t have a dining plan, but the buffet options do look pretty good.
Thanks for sharing.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
That was a really busy day. You managed to get a lot done. I’m so excited to try BTMR and Hyperspace Mountain. I do like be a good coaster. I like the idea of trying not to scream. No way I’d manage that. The screaming is part of the fun

We don’t have a dining plan, but the buffet options do look pretty good.
Thanks for sharing.
You're right, screaming is part of the fun! The coasters at DLP all seemed bigger than WDW. I'm not a massive coaster fan, as I find them quite intimidating, they look off putting from the ground. But I did actually enjoy them all in Paris. It's certainly a park for more grown up kids, I'm not sure there's as much for little kids or coaster shy people.

Old 9 Apr 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Apologies for my tardiness.

How intense was Hyper Space Mountain? We did the walk of shame at that back in 2013.

I love, love, love BTMT in Paris. It is probably my favourite WDW ride and I was so surprised at how different it was in Paris.

Lots of frustration with wait times today. I know that’s to be expected at half-term but a better FP system would help immensely.

We really didn't enjoy the food in DLP but we didn't do any buffets other than Inventions, that looks like it was a mistake.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Apologies for my tardiness.

How intense was Hyper Space Mountain? We did the walk of shame at that back in 2013.

I love, love, love BTMT in Paris. It is probably my favourite WDW ride and I was so surprised at how different it was in Paris.

Lots of frustration with wait times today. I know that’s to be expected at half-term but a better FP system would help immensely.

We really didn't enjoy the food in DLP but we didn't do any buffets other than Inventions, that looks like it was a mistake.
Oh no, poor you on Hyperspace Mountain. More intense than Space at MK, but it was quite a smooth ride and not rickety feeling. Plus it's my preferred sort of coaster - dark and hidden. I am not a fan of being able to see everything while waiting in line. This is part of the problem with rides at Seaworld and universal. It doesn't matter that I tell myself that Rip Ride Rockit doesn't even go upside down, it's just so darn intimidating looking up at it all. Hyperspace Mountain is about the same as Rock n Roller I suppose.

When I was writing it up it felt like we'd done a lot of rides, but there was a lot more waiting in line than we are used to. Usually we don't get in a line that's got a wait time of more than 30 minutes and we rarely wait longer than 20. In DLP this was standard even for the little rides. It was incredibly frustrating, but I suppose it is to be expected.

I think we were pretty lucky with the buffets actually. The Grange was good, we went back a second time on our penultimate day and it was just as good. Tex Mex is good buffet food I think, well it suited us.

Old 20 Jul 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Super busy day today... you did so much! Food at the Plaza looks really good, as does your evening meal. Definitely better than yesterday.

We loved BMTR at DLP too - it seems most people prefer it to the WDW version. It's a shame it broke down, but of course that provides a chance for a nosey behind the scenes.

I love the Hyperspace Mountain photos where they cover the faces of the other riders - clever idea. Great character meets today too. Gaston sounds fun, and you're right, there are much more unusual characters there. Were there characters just wandering around as well as the official meets? There was when we were there but they got crowded very quickly and it could be hard to get their attention for an autograph.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List