Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 17 Jul 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Have you considered walking to the park in a morning, its about a 20 minute walk, there is a pavement the full route.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
Have you considered walking to the park in a morning, its about a 20 minute walk, there is a pavement the full route.
I would... but my daughter definately not 😂 and our feet are usually too sore by the time we are returning home. We could catch the RER back to Val de Europe but that's a fair walk back to the hotel too. We had no issues today thank goodness.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Friday 17th July.
Woke to beautiful blue skies and sunshine this morning, this is something that has been absent so far this trip. It hasn't been cold, just very overcast the whole time. The forecast is clouding over but sunnier later and much warmer. By the time we left at around 11 it was cloudy again 😣
No issue with uber this morning, we went straight to Disneyland park today. A lot more people about today but still not really busy. We were straight through security but did have to queue under the hotel to get in, only about 5 minutes though and well socially distanced.
We walked under the railway station and were greeted by these lovely characters.

We then strolled down main street through the castle and went to the old windmill for a Mickey waffle and a cup of coffee, sorry I was so hungry I forgot to take a photo.
We then walked over to meet Mickey and friend, this was only a 10 minute wait.

We then walked over to discoveryland and had a quick trip on Star Tours with a 5 minute wait.
We then hopped on the train for a leisurely tour around the park. We got off at Fantasy land and went onto Pirates with a 5 minute wait, well a walk on really.
We then went to cafe le brousse to have a mask break and a drink, as even though it was overcast it was still really warm today. My daughter and I had been booked to go to California at end of September, this is now cancelled but we both said we don't think we would have coped with masks in Disneyland and the Californian weather! We are both well used to wearing masks as we are both nurses but walking around outside in hot weather is a whole different ball game. This has even made us decide we won't book to go to either California or Florida until we can go without having to wear masks.
We then went on Big Thunder Mountain, our favourite, which was a walk on, so we did it twice... we would be mad not to
Even though crowds were bigger today wait times weren't.
Next up Phantom Manor, this was the longest queue all day at around 20 minutes.
We then walked to the hub and went to Victoria's to sit outside and have a milkshake. These are really delicious.

Mine was supposed to be Chip! It was Nutella flavoured and so lovely. Charlotte had the strawberry one.
We then walked back to fantasyland and did a few rides before walking out of the parks to look around the shops in Disney Village. A few purchases later we went to Earl of Sandwich for our favourite tuna melts which we had to takeaway. We then walked back to five guys, ordered an uber which arrived within 2 minutes and returned to the hotel. We both said we don't seem to be spending huge amounts of time in the parks but as it's so quiet we are doing everything we want to in a leisurely manor. It's now beautifully sunny so fingers crossed for a sunny day tomorrow. It's our last full day so we are shopping in Val de Europe in the morning then going to parks in the afternoon.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Saturday 18th July.
Last full day today. We decided to go to the outlet village and the shopping mall this morning. It's been a really lovely, hot day today so a quick 2 minute walk from our hotel to the outlets. It was heaving here today, they were queuing to get in and so many people walking around. We felt really uncomfortable with the amount of people, you really couldnt social distance at all so we turned round and left! We crossed over to the shopping mall which was a bit better but not much. We went to Sephora for a few bitd, then a quick look in Primark but no purchases. I did pop into a speciality tea shop called Kusmi tea and bought some special blend of fruit tea to try as i dont drink normal tea but love a cup of fruit tea. It was quite expensive so i hope i dont develop a taste for it.
Purchases dropped off in our room then a quick uber to Disneyland. It was noticeably more busy today, wait times were up a little and more people walking around. It still quiet compared to usual crowds but noticeably busier today. Also all the reservations were sold out and apparently they added more capacity this morning too. I did find some people not adhering to the social distancing markers in the queues and it was often that they just weren't paying attention. I did end up asking (telling) a family to keep their distance as they were right up close behind us e wry time we moved. Giving evils didn't work so I simple said no... back please and pointed to the floor markers. The man was not happy and kept getting closer but his wife understood and showed him the markers stating respect the distance. It was uncomfortable but it only happened the once thank goodness.
It was very hot today, around 28 degrees this afternoon. The masks were a struggle today but we just had lots of breaks for drinks and a rest. We did all the rides we wanted, finished with so e photos on main st then left the park st around 5.30 and walked to Vapianos for some food. It was very quiet in there and for the first time ever we didn't have to queue for ages for our food. We do love the food in Vapianos and they also give 10% discount to ap holders which is a bonus. No issues with getting an uber back and we also asked if we could have a late check out in the morning. We can stay u til 1 instead of being out by 11 and due to exceptional circumstances (Covid 19) they are not charging us for it as they normally would... bonus. So now I'm trying to squeeze everything I to my little case in readiness for home tomorrow. I probably won't update on our trip home unless there is something interesting I feel I need to tell you all.
Thanks for reading and I hope this little blog has been of some benefit to anyone still nervous about booking a trip to DIP, just do it... its been great and I really can't praise DLP enough for all the great work they have done. So good to have been back in the magic. We have another trip reserved for beginning of October, when we should have been in California and we are hoping to stay a couple of nights in The Disneyland Hotel as part of it. Watch this space.
Old 18 Jul 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time to post live !
Hope you had a safe journey home 👍🏻
WIGGYSMUM is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the report, good to know things are being handled well on the whole and you got lots done. Also seems your Uber experiences improved again.

The masked selfies will be an interesting momento.

Hope you have a safe journey home x
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Followed this daily and really enjoyed your honesty.Can I ask a couple of questions please... have you seen either of the pools being used yet and what would you recommend us to bring for the room? We are staying there in a couple of weeks, do we need washing up liquid etc or is there a welcome pack ? Many thanks .
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fraggle35 View Post
Followed this daily and really enjoyed your honesty.Can I ask a couple of questions please... have you seen either of the pools being used yet and what would you recommend us to bring for the room? We are staying there in a couple of weeks, do we need washing up liquid etc or is there a welcome pack ? Many thanks .
I think currently pool is still closed but I expect that will change soon.
There is a welcome pack in the room which included a t towel, cloth, 3 dishwasher tablets, a sponge and a full sized bottle of washing up liquid. There is also 2 toilet rolls and shampoo and 2 small soaps in the bathroom. Plenty of towels too. If you need anything else you can buy from Auchan. We got drinks for fridge and snacks from there. There is also a microwave too.
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Great report, sounds like you had a really enjoyable time despite the restrictions. I agree with you on the masks though, I could tolerate them in the French climate but not Florida!
Old 19 Jul 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you, saves me packing those items. Safe journey home 🏡
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List