Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Sep 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
£670: Glasgow to MCO, virgin July 18th 2019

Saw Bev's post and thought I'd post this too as direct flights from Scotland in the summer holidays are never cheap. The above price is for economy light so I don't think that incs luggage, but I could be wrong. This was on virgin atlantic site. We've just booked economy with extra legroom for next year. I didn't think to look at prices that inc a car though.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Just wanted to say thanks for this. We finally booked last night, been watching them for over a week but had to wait until DS had it confirmed that he could get the time off. It was £710 each for economy both ways with luggage included but we’ve paid £860 for economy out and PE back as DS is straight back to work the day after we get home. It’s a fair bit more than we’ve paid going via London the last few trips but it’s worth it to be flying direct since we’re only going for 16 nights this time. I’ve never seen Virgin from Glasgow in the school summer holidays that cheap before. Thanks again
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

I gave up waiting for the sale in July and paid £950 for pe in May next year - having seen the above I'm quite glad I did.
Old 21 Sep 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Midges17
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I have found it cheaper to go for 15 nights leaving 18th July - 2nd Aug its £1,244 for 2, inc luggage & free seat choice.
Old 22 Sep 18, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Midges17 View Post
I have found it cheaper to go for 15 nights leaving 18th July - 2nd Aug its £1,244 for 2, inc luggage & free seat choice.
15 nights was coming in at the same price as 16 nights for me. It’s the best I could find for my dates and BA via London wasn’t much less so I’m happy with it. Ten years ago we paid £750pp to fly direct with globespan so definitely a bargain in comparison!

We normally go for 3 weeks so flying direct eases the pain of having shorter holiday.
Tiggers Pal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 18, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggers Pal
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Merryweather View Post
I gave up waiting for the sale in July and paid £950 for pe in May next year - having seen the above I'm quite glad I did.
Glad you got a good price for May. We’re flying in the middle of the school summer holidays though so always going to be more expensive at that time. I’m looking forward to when we’re no longer tied to school holidays. Hope you have a great trip to celebrate your birthday.
Old 22 Sep 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

Thanks Tiggers Pal.