Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 May 18, 04:43 AM  
Link to this Post
OCDean87
I want to go now!

Mobile Alamo return at MCO

Hi all, due to leave Florida tomorrow and need to return the car. Any idea what I should put in the satnav so I can return it to the correct place? Also, any tips I should be aware of?

Also, I may have (slightly) kerbed one of the alloys when it was hammering it down and I couldn't see the kerb when parallel parking, what sort of trouble am I in or is it covered by the collision damage waiver?

Cheers
OCDean87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Don't worry about the scratches on the alloys. They won't bat an eyelid. Just enter the airport location on the sat nav. As soon as you get close you'll see the large signs for car rental return. Doesn't matter which side (A or B) you return it to but easier to return it to the side of the airport your airlines flies from. Once you get in the multi story, just follow the signs of the rental company you've hired from. Staff will direct you to park up in a row and then they'll come and scan your vehicle back in, check fuel levels and issue a receipt. Make sure the receipt shows $0 (or an amount you're expecting if you had child seats). If it shows an amount you're not expecting, resolve it with the staff on the rental desk.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
OCDean87
I want to go now!

Mobile

That's brilliant, cheers buddy
OCDean87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I too am leaving soon and have a rental from Alamo, do you need to return the car with a full tank of fuel?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mash9195 View Post
I too am leaving soon and have a rental from Alamo, do you need to return the car with a full tank of fuel?

well, depends on what option you have chosen

if you have taken the fuel service, or have upgraded to alamo gold, then you can return empty

if you didn't take the fuel service, you may do so during online check in/skip the counter, or at the gate when you exit the garage or at the desk (ask before the rep prints your rental agreement)

when you exit the garage your rental agreement will show an estimated charge for the fuel (unless you have gold and the fuel service is included, in which case it should be indicated *included* on the fuel service line on your rental agreement

look at your online check in email, or on the skip the counter email, and you'll see what's written on the fuel service line.
if it says Included, or if there is an amount in USD, then you can return empty
otherwise you need to fill up. Failing that, alamo will charge you for fuel at a higher price than at the pump

Edited at 06:26 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post

On the sheet i got when i got the car it says Fuel Service option - Rental 24.09 x1
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List