Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jun 18, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
tangled_
a Friend of the DIBB

Upgrade to Virgin Upper Class?

Hello,

So I'm currently booked to fly PE to Orlando in May, 2 adults. Looking to possibly upgrade to Upper Class, current upgrade price is £2500!

Just wondering what I can expect to pay to upgrade both ways at its lowest - I was hoping somewhere around £600 for the both of us - am I being unrealistic? Or how much would it be for just one way?

Also what is the best tactic, recently I've been asking everyday on the online chat - should I just leave it until the actual day at the airport? Or does asking everday affect how much they are offering me?

What have people paid before for an upgrade in the past? Any advice would be great - thanks
tangled_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
pooh's gal
Excited about Disney

We're flying PE on the way out this year and I went on the Virgin Atlantic site and got an offer of £400 to upgrade to UC. I grabbed it. If you find a price you like just go for it. We're flying into Miami though so don't know if that makes a difference
Old 10 Jun 18, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pooh's gal View Post
We're flying PE on the way out this year and I went on the Virgin Atlantic site and got an offer of £400 to upgrade to UC. I grabbed it. If you find a price you like just go for it. We're flying into Miami though so don't know if that makes a difference
£400 to upgrade on the way out for two? Brilliant price 👏🏻
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We paid £200 per person to upgrade from PE to UC return. This was a cash only price and required no miles.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I upgraded from PE to UC for the flight from MCO to Gatwick for £185.85. I'm keeping an eye on the prices to see if I can get a cheap upgrade for the outbound flight too!
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Price will vary depending on what original ticket class you have bought, so someone with a cheaper upgrade might have paid more for the base ticket.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Price will vary depending on what original ticket class you have bought, so someone with a cheaper upgrade might have paid more for the base ticket.
I paid £1184 for PE for my trip this September and have read posts from people paying about £800. So this could be why I got the upgrade so cheaply.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rizzoface
slightly serious Dibber

sorry to hijack the thread, but where are you seeing the offers of upgrades? im looking but cant see where to go on the VA website

thanks
Rizzoface is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tangled_ View Post
Hello,

So I'm currently booked to fly PE to Orlando in May, 2 adults. Looking to possibly upgrade to Upper Class, current upgrade price is £2500!

Just wondering what I can expect to pay to upgrade both ways at its lowest - I was hoping somewhere around £600 for the both of us - am I being unrealistic? Or how much would it be for just one way?

Also what is the best tactic, recently I've been asking everyday on the online chat - should I just leave it until the actual day at the airport? Or does asking everday affect how much they are offering me?

What have people paid before for an upgrade in the past? Any advice would be great - thanks
In my experience £150 each eachway is totally unrealistic I know others have got it cheap but usually they either have status or have a higher grade of ticket.

If you booked a super cheap PE ticket or through Virgin holidays if you see any leg at £200 each grab it.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rizzoface View Post
sorry to hijack the thread, but where are you seeing the offers of upgrades? im looking but cant see where to go on the VA website

thanks
I go into 'My Booking' every so often to check if there are any changes to my flights. On one such occasion that upgrade was offered and I snapped it up!