Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

View Poll Results: Has price increases in Florida changed things for ypu?
We don't buy any or as many park tickets 35 9.33%
We don't eat out as often, or eat at cheaper restaurants 22 5.87%
We don't shop for clothes/gifts or less than we used to 74 19.73%
We have cut back on most of the above 56 14.93%
We don't go to Florida as often 62 16.53%
It's had no noticeable affect on our Florida trips 126 33.60%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Sep 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bLaZeR666_uk View Post
Just been browsing the web on this very subject

found this :

visualcapitalist/decade-grocery-prices/

Bacon has gone up 58% in 10 years!

So there is a large increase in retail prices. This is a double whammy because of the terrible pound rate at the moment.

So yes there has been a increase in prices... but.. in the last 2 years these prices have slightly fallen..
An annual Disney pass has increased by 80% in the past ten years.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
An annual Disney pass has increased by 80% in the past ten years.
That is shocking Down to supply and demand I suppose.
Old 16 Sep 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bLaZeR666_uk View Post
That is shocking Down to supply and demand I suppose.
I think the word 'greed' also comes into it😀
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We definitely noticed the increase in prices. The other thing I might start to do differently is pay to put a bag of luggage in the hold which means that I would buy shampoo etc. here and take it with us. In the past we would fly with hand luggage only and buy all the stuff we needed when we got there but now I'm not sure that is the best way.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MadHatter1 View Post
We definitely noticed the increase in prices. The other thing I might start to do differently is pay to put a bag of luggage in the hold which means that I would buy shampoo etc. here and take it with us. In the past we would fly with hand luggage only and buy all the stuff we needed when we got there but now I'm not sure that is the best way.
We take shampoo, shower gels, loo rolls, breakfast cereal, toothpaste, tea and coffee. It saves the hassle and additional expense of getting it out there.
Old 17 Sep 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MadHatter1 View Post
Yes, having not been for ten years this is the biggest change I’ve seen, I’m pretty sure luggage allowance was higher before, although my memory could be way off, now it’s not much with TC anyway. 23 kilos. Pretty sure it was a standard 32 before but I might be wrong.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Yes, having not been for ten years this is the biggest change I’ve seen, I’m pretty sure luggage allowance was higher before, although my memory could be way off, now it’s not much with TC anyway. 23 kilos. Pretty sure it was a standard 32 before but I might be wrong.
I don't think it ever was 32 kilos auntie Tinkerbel (not in cattle class anyway&#128513.
Old 17 Sep 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I don't remember the weight, but my first Florida trip in 1992 was VA economy and we could take TWO cases each, I'm sure the weight allowance was far higher than it is now.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

This year we were more careful with park tickets. Told our boys this is the budget for tickets, these are the options you can get for that budget, you choose. Fortunately they agreed😂. With shopping each made a list of what we needed and checked out UK prices before we went. Only bought in US if it made sense. Did buy some stuff, but also waited to buy other stuff back home. Next holiday will be somewhere different and won't be going back to Florida for quite a while. Not just because of cost but also just ready to go elsewhere for a bit.
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

we are having a break from florida for a few years been 5 times in 8 years so looking at other options

but last night out of curiosity i checked car hire for our usual last 2 weeks in August & given this was only a look one site but the price of even the most basic of cars was a shock...
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List