Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jun 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Devojcica25
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Very cold flight

We flue yesterday Belfast to MCO on VS0161. We sat upstairs in seats 80 bubble. Never even have I been so cold on a flight. Had to ask extra blankets, which somewhat helped my 11 years old but both me and my husband were absolutely frozen. I spoke with caning crew and they could not be better really. They said temperature was set for 20 degrees in the main cabin downstairs but upstairs cabin felt soooo much colder. Flight was great other than being cold throughout. Cabin crew asked that temperature was set for 22 degrees and it helped for a bit then towards the end of the flight temperature dropped again. I don’t remember being this cold ever! I can’t stick cold at all but my husband was complaining too and he would be completely opposite of me. My nose was like an icicle and I could not get comfortable at all. On much more positive note immigration was rather painless only one hour wait despite 3 flights cue before us. Our AoA Vila is stunning 4 bedroom in a beautiful community and very close to 192 games room and all. It’s only 3 of us so massive for us but we like our own pool. We were in Walmart last night got just few things to start us off (milk bread some water pizza for dinner beer) and $100 later I am confused how Americans survive with this sort of prices! Weather was very good yesterday and it looks like it’s gonna be a good week. We are here 3 weeks and looking forward to more chilled holiday than we are use to it! Jet lag not so good this morning I managed until 4am! I will write updates as we go along that I think people might find useful.
Devojcica25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Devojcica25 View Post
We flue yesterday Belfast to MCO on VS0161. We sat upstairs in seats 80 bubble. Never even have I been so cold on a flight. Had to ask extra blankets, which somewhat helped my 11 years old but both me and my husband were absolutely frozen. I spoke with caning crew and they could not be better really. They said temperature was set for 20 degrees in the main cabin downstairs but upstairs cabin felt soooo much colder. Flight was great other than being cold throughout. Cabin crew asked that temperature was set for 22 degrees and it helped for a bit then towards the end of the flight temperature dropped again. I don’t remember being this cold ever! I can’t stick cold at all but my husband was complaining too and he would be completely opposite of me. My nose was like an icicle and I could not get comfortable at all. On much more positive note immigration was rather painless only one hour wait despite 3 flights cue before us. Our AoA Vila is stunning 4 bedroom in a beautiful community and very close to 192 games room and all. It’s only 3 of us so massive for us but we like our own pool. We were in Walmart last night got just few things to start us off (milk bread some water pizza for dinner beer) and $100 later I am confused how Americans survive with this sort of prices! Weather was very good yesterday and it looks like it’s gonna be a good week. We are here 3 weeks and looking forward to more chilled holiday than we are use to it! Jet lag not so good this morning I managed until 4am! I will write updates as we go along that I think people might find useful.
Nothing worse than being cold on a plane! Glad it was a good travel day apart from the cold!
We’re going at the exact same time next year from Belfast, no flights yet but that’s the plan lol waiting patiently fir them to come out, be interesting to hear your weather reports throughout as I hear it can be very wet at this time of year. Have a great time & keep us updated!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Nothing worse than being cold on a plane!
I don't think I have ever been cold on a plane! I always find it far too warm

Enjoy rest of your break OP.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

we were in the bubble last time and it was freezing I had my own blanket as I do tend to get cold on the plane anyway but ended up adding the one they supply and wearing my jumper too as it was really chilly up there.

enjoy your holiday
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don't think I have ever been cold on a plane! I always find it far too warm

Enjoy rest of your break OP.
I was frozen on the way home from Las Vegas last year, had to ask for another blanket.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I have to say I would rather be cold than too hot. I HATE being hot on a flight, we had that on the way back from Greece a couple of weeks ago and it was horrendous.

I do always carry a big hoody and a jacket for the flight because most of the flights I’ve been on get very very cold. I will take cold any day over how I felt the other week!

Hope you have a lovely holiday OP! Hope your flight back is a better temperature!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I hate being cold on the plane! It’s happened a few times over the years, passengers have asked for the temp to be turned up and usually this has happened, it can often then go boiling. It’s worse if it’s cold in a night flight I find as it’s uncomfortable.

I’ve heard the supermarket is quite expensive these days maybe due in part to exchange rate. Im thinking of ordering a garden grocer delivery and it seems really reasonable for what’s in my basket. $100 including 4 bottles of wine and a dozen beers, snacks, biscuits, milk and water. (Well comparing with onsite prices that is 😂 )

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip have a great time. 👍🏻

Kat

Edited at 10:55 AM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Best to be prepared for the flight home, extra fleeces etc, just in case it’s chilly again. Nothing worse than trying to relax and sleep when you’re cold.

Have a great trip - looking forward to your reports.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m always really cold on the plane and always take a thick pair of cosy socks in my bag!
Have a fantastic time
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

I’ve only ever been cold on a plane once I’m usually far too hot. It was a Delta flight and I was in an exit seat, I could feel a draught all down the side next to the door! I’m usually roasting on flights especially the night flights, this was the opposite and made the flight very long😢