Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 May 20, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

The Blake-woods: 'you couldn't make it up' trip! Day 0: Pre-travel Day

Pre-travel day Mon Feb 12th 2018

It's finally here! omg! after a countdown of 291 days, a big reveal on YouTube (no idea how to attach that but if you search The Blakewoods reveal it comes up!) and a whole heap of waiting...

It's half term so the children are off school. It's a normal work day for Jason but for some reason he has no problem getting up this morning (last day for 16 days!) and I have the day off for those last minute important details, you know...like...cleaning the house top to bottom (despite knowing nobody will see my efforts!) and getting nails done etc

Gracie and I went and had our nails done at 11.30 (Tom came with us but just sat on his Ipad whilst we were disney-fying ourselves!

then we drove straight to the girls' house and collected 2 very excited step-daughters and drove back home with Disney music blaring loudly!

Once Jason came home, the girls and I went to get their hair done! Tom went next door to the Barbers then stayed with Jason. The girls decided they all wanted to look the same and had Becca do french plaits after a cut and blow dry!

Once home, we rounded the troops and headed to our local pub for a nice easy tea of burgers. Nothing special but it saved me cooking!

Getting the children to settle was a challenge in itself! i was but they were on the ceiling (naturally!)

knickers on your head! apparently this keeps your hair good for the next day

Eventually, at about 10.30pm, Jase and I could settle down... we sat and watched today's vlog from Tim Tracker with a glass of champagne.

We went to bed just before 12 but I can't see us sleeping much...we have to be up in just over 3hrs and I'm too excited! I can't quite believe it's here. I finally get to show my little lot, the magic of Disney.
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Love the nails. Never heard the ‘knickers on head’ tip before.
😂
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Great time to post a trip report. Looking forward to reading... if I recall correctly you definitely couldn't make it up!
Old 16 May 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love a pre-travel day and getting nails and hair done.
It all adds to the excitement.