Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 May 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

The Blake-woods: 'you couldn't make it up' trip! Day 2

Day 2: Wed 14th Feb, 2018

I always read reports where people are up and ready at daft o'clock due to body clocks being out of sync. For us though, it didn't happen! We were all up and ready for MK by 8ish and made a stop at our first ADR - Chef Mickeys!

I know Chef Mickey's doesn't always get a good write up but with a few fussy children and children who are new to Disney, its a perfect way to sample Florida food and meet the fab 5 of course!

Tom's plate...basically this is every breakfast for Tom. He is OBSESSED with what he calls 'Florida sausages!' and of course Mickey waffles smothered in chocolate sauce!

I mentioned yesterday about everyone having 1st visit badges...I was given a celebration badge and the cast member wrote 'life' as I was simply just so happy to be alive and living (albeit temporarily) in the happiest place in the entire world . So, whilst in Chef Mickeys, our server noticed my badge and brought me over a little cupcake so i could make a wish

The kids loved it here and i must admit, so did we...i had visited chef Mickeys before and i find the food absolutely fine!

Tom adores wearing this hat! He loves the opportunity to have a photograph wit his ears up!

we had a lovely day at MK. Despite the crowds looking busy (especially seeing as its Valentine's day, it wasn't that bad!

At 3.20pm (I know even 2yrs on the exact time! ) I suddenly started to feel 'yucky' I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong, I thought maybe it was travel-day tiredness and the heat?! Surprisingly for Feb, it was boiling! A cast member told us how it was record-breaking at just over 30degrees.

We decided to head back to OKW for a dip in the pool and an hours relaxation before heading back to MK tonight to see HEA.

Despite having gone to Florida 13 times before, I had always seen wishes and did my absolute everything to not see HEA on You-tube etc prior to our trip. I was desperate to see it together with my little lot and tonight was going to be even more special as I had Crystal Palace booked (nobody knew!) as Jason literally is in love with his childhood favourite Winnie the Pooh.

So, back at resort the kids and Jason checked out the pool whilst I took a dip in the rather large hot tub. Our room location meant we were very close to the 'Turtle Pool'.

After a swim, we came back to the room where I went to bed to sleep off this 'yucky' feeling.

Jason woke me up to tell me it was time to get ready and I felt 100 times worse. We made the decision for everyone to go ahead without me...there was no point in everyone missing out and I wanted to sleep it off so that I could crack on with tomorrow! I told him where to go for our ADR but didn't tell him who would be there.

I think that face says it all he was over the moon! but messaged me to say he was incredibly sad to be sat there without me (on valentine's day of all days!).

Both Jason and the kids said they weren't impressed with the selection of food but did enjoy the desserts

After their meal, Jason manged to get a few fast passes - one day on site and he knew what to do! It was hard for him having Tom there and not me as it meant he couldn't do Splash, BTMR, SDMT or SM as Tom just wouldn't go on! but they did enjoy Tomorrowland Speedway, PeterPan, Smallworld and tried as they did, they couldn't avoid HEA...

I didn't hear them get in that night, I was absolutely zonked!

HOWEVER - I woke up at 4.40am...I couldn't get out of bed. I mean literally, I couldn't walk. I couldn't talk and I sat for nearly 3hrs waiting for someone to come in... I tried throwing pillows at the door to get some attention... sounds so dramatic and over the top but i genuinely couldn't move.

I'm starting to think this was more than travel-day tiredness...
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh dear. Hurry up with the next instalment. Lol
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Your family look like they had a good day. Those desserts do look delicious !
It’s always feels so much worse when you are ill when you are away from home. It must have been so frightening not being able to move.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

Dont usually read trip reports but the title grabbed me
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Dont usually read trip reports but the title grabbed me
Lol well to give a clue .. it gets worse gets better then gets worse lol
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Your family look like they had a good day. Those desserts do look delicious !
It’s always feels so much worse when you are ill when you are away from home. It must have been so frightening not being able to move.
It really was frightening, but the kids were just amazing! I could just demolish one or three of those desserts now lol
Old 17 May 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh my word that sounds really scary for you.
Old 17 May 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Oh, dear. How frightening!
Old 17 May 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Off to read the next day.
Old 18 May 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm glad you got to enjoy some of your first day but what a scary ending. I almost don't want to read the next day.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List