Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 31 May 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Good old traditional British fayre. Not forgetting Chicken Tikka Masala
I thinks it’s probably only eaten here. Other than Greggs, Pound Bakery and the chippy I really cant think of any British takeaway food. Does eating a black pudding walking round Bury market count ?
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by HeresYourEars View Post
I love this thread. I love all of your answers!

I've been thinking what UK food I would want to eat if I were staying in a place over there. Hmmm. Twiglets! Those meat pie things! (pasties?) Sausage rolls! Jaffa cakes! Cadbury flake! And cheese and onion chips (oops sorry crisps).

I don't know any of your takeout places, but I'd be happy to try those too.
Mary

Cadburys was lovely until Kraft took them over - and are you all proud of Hershey.

And what's beef jerky all about unless you're all sitting round a campfire like in Blazing Saddles

Mick
Old 31 May 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

KFC is very different though... I still remember the "stand off" between my husband and the very lovely lady serving in the drive through... "No biscuits please"... "NO BISCUITS?!?!? - he wants NO biscuits" - "Really, NO biscuits?"
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
KFC is very different though... I still remember the "stand off" between my husband and the very lovely lady serving in the drive through... "No biscuits please"... "NO BISCUITS?!?!? - he wants NO biscuits" - "Really, NO biscuits?"
You mean a scone with jelly at breakfast?

But why do the servers at Cracker Barrell force us to eat grits at breakfast - even when we say hold the grits.

Really love eating in the USA Mary or wouldn't have been 37 times to eat there but some are a bridge too far.

Mick

Edited at 12:55 PM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Fish and chips, mmmm. Black pudding, I don't know. I'd taste it, I guess.
Grits, well, I grew up eating grits so it's a thing I guess. It's really nothing but ground corn. My husband who's from north London says he grew up eating porridge. I don't know what porridge is. Is that like oatmeal?
The food I've eaten in London was ok, but not remarkable. I'd like to explore other places in the UK.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by HeresYourEars View Post
Fish and chips, mmmm. Black pudding, I don't know. I'd taste it, I guess.
Grits, well, I grew up eating grits so it's a thing I guess. It's really nothing but ground corn. My husband who's from north London says he grew up eating porridge. I don't know what porridge is. Is that like oatmeal?
The food I've eaten in London was ok, but not remarkable. I'd like to explore other places in the UK.
Porridge is oats yes. Traditionally eaten in Scotland just salted. Elsewhere with sugar

Black pudding an acquired taste.

Mick
Old 31 May 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Well I put the tin hat and flack jacket on now I cook most days in the villa but we go around 6/7 weeks at a time
We have things like salmon Yukon Gold potatoes salad
Pot roast stick that in the slow cooker befor we go out in the morning
Chilli make double and freeze some spaghetti Bol again freeze some
Yes I make a roast dinner , pulled pork again just chuck it the slow cooker before we go out in the morning
We maybe eat out twice a week we take things like fruit crisps ritz peanut butter or cheese crackers cereal bars to the parks
We rarely eat in the parks Bush Gardens being the one we do as we are there for opening till close
We do eat a lot of fish takes minutes in the microwave or in the steamer with the veg
We do occasionally have take out Chinese or Italian
I enjoy cooking so for me it’s part of the holiday and I know what I use at home so have the same in the villa but the way of pots pans appliances serving dishes etc
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Well I put the tin hat and flack jacket on now I cook most days in the villa but we go around 6/7 weeks at a time
We have things like salmon Yukon Gold potatoes salad
Pot roast stick that in the slow cooker befor we go out in the morning
Chilli make double and freeze some spaghetti Bol again freeze some
Yes I make a roast dinner , pulled pork again just chuck it the slow cooker before we go out in the morning
We maybe eat out twice a week we take things like fruit crisps ritz peanut butter or cheese crackers cereal bars to the parks
We rarely eat in the parks Bush Gardens being the one we do as we are there for opening till close
We do eat a lot of fish takes minutes in the microwave or in the steamer with the veg
We do occasionally have take out Chinese or Italian
I enjoy cooking so for me it’s part of the holiday and I know what I use at home so have the same in the villa but the way of pots pans appliances serving dishes etc
No need to don the body armour Helen.

It's all part of a healthy and well mannered debate as the DIBB has mostly been in the 16 years I've been here. I once suggested on here that a $50 fillet steak on WDW property was not twice as good as a $25 fillet steak at Longhorn - and I'm still standing.

Don't venture into some of the "current issues" threads though if you want to keep your blood pressure under control

Mick
Old 31 May 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

One of our popular meals is having Dominos pizza around the villa pool 😀
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
People cook in the villa In the villa we pour cereal in bowls for breakfast
Lunch is snacks in the park
Dinner is meals out OR
UBEREATS
If you haven't done a barbecue using USDA steak, you haven't lived

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List