Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 1 Jul 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile DAS and fast passes

My youngest who is 6 has spd and asd, so I am hoping to be able to get das passes for the holiday, I was just wondering, if we have the pass do I still need to do fast passes when they become available? Sorry if it's a silly question!

Thank you!
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I would. Belt and braces you can always cancel
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

The 2 systems work very well together. You can only have 1 DAS return time at a time so you really are better off using FP as well.
Old 1 Jul 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

I agree its best to do both and then that way it makes things a lot smoother.
Old 1 Jul 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

same here, do both systems

you can get a DAS for a ride you have FP+ for

ride your FP+, then by the time you're done, your DAS return may be open, so ride again.

what we do is also take advantage of both systems

for example have a FP+ for soarin', go get a DAS for test track, then walk to soarin, FP+ it, then by the time we exit soarin' it's time to ride Test Track.

I barely manage to remain in a theme park for more than 3 hours without calling it a day, so getting DAS for rides we didn't get FP+ for (think tiering) allows our family do do most of the park in that short period of 3 hours (also taking advantage of the quiet 3 first hours of the day)

definitely use both systems. You'll get more done in less time, and it will open more time for much needed rests.

Edited at 12:28 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

That's great, thank you! I was forgetting that you just have 1 das at a time so that makes much more sense!
I'm still a little nervous about the whole thing, we've not ever done anything where we have said about dd6 having asd and spd and because it's not obvious I'm a bit on edge that they'll say no still! 🙈
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
That's great, thank you! I was forgetting that you just have 1 das at a time so that makes much more sense!
I'm still a little nervous about the whole thing, we've not ever done anything where we have said about dd6 having asd and spd and because it's not obvious I'm a bit on edge that they'll say no still! 🙈
There is no need to be nervous. I have never heard of an autistic person (especially young child) being denied the pass. My daughter has SPD as well as ASD but I have never even mentioned it to them as so few people understand it. I would keep it simple and just say something like "my autistic daughter struggles with queuing due to sensory issues, can I please have a DAS pass for her?" As you may already know, they will not ask for written proof.
Old 1 Jul 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

That's the part I'm nervous about - actually saying it to them so what you have just said is exactly what I needed thank you! I waffle when I'm nervous and then think people will think I'm not telling the truth or something and then I'll waffle some more! 🙈
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I would then you have effectively got four for the day with minimal time which is what you need with the das
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaja
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
That's the part I'm nervous about - actually saying it to them so what you have just said is exactly what I needed thank you! I waffle when I'm nervous and then think people will think I'm not telling the truth or something and then I'll waffle some more! 🙈
Hi,

I got a DAS pass for my nephew in June who is diagnosed with ADHD and has meltdowns when queuing over 40 minutes or so. I carried a letter from both his GP and consultant, but neither were needed. I just simply advised he had ADHD and struggled queuing and got very anxious and stressed with long queues. They allocated DAS to him for the whole stay, with no questions asked, if they did ask, I had the paperwork to back it up.

We had our fast passes for any rides we wanted to ride as a family, and he chose which rides he wanted to use his DAS with.
Gaja is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List