walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good mix of relaxing and a park glad the rain didn’t bother you too much

Joan
Thanks Joan - can as never let a bit of rain dampen a park day !Although the sheer volume of rain would no doubt bring everything to a halt in the UK!😂
Love everything that AK has to offer and it takes on a new feeling after dark too.
Thanks for reading 👍

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
A nice relaxing pool morning seriously IHOP is a family favourite - who doesn’t love breakfast pancakes for lunch!

You absolutely immersed yourselves in AK, I think the theming is amazing and being able to take the time to absorb all the details is wonderful. Such a shame you missed Nemo but your drawings of Ed are fantastic.

Fantastic evening pictures too, another great day. I’m looking forward to day 16 and the big Surprise!
Our Josh would have the pancakes for dinner if we ventured in there later in the day
Love IHoP much more than Dennys.

There is something about Animal Kingdom that is so different from all the other parks - it has become a whole day experience and just changes itself completely when night falls - the lighting is incredible.

Day 16 is in production - it is a long one

Thanks for your continued reading - always appreciated and edging closer to Country Bears too

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Good day at AK and I’m looking forward to day 16
Glad you enjoyed it and hoped it helped ease some of the pain of missing you holiday too. Day 15 coming real soon

Old 8 May 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hurrah I've saved this for when I could give it time and appreciate it.

I'm in the Kenny Rogers groove, I love country songs, Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers Islands in the Stream is one of my favourite songs. So I can feel from the outset this is going to be a good day

As ever your love of just being in the parks comes across and it's infectious. Although I'm absolutely with Josh...I am not a bird lover I hate the flapping and I know they will make a bird fly over our heads and even though I know it's coming I still jump, I'm the person cowering in the seat. So, the Up show is definitely one that I'm happy to miss. I'm also not a fan of the big white birds with the long beaks. Yes. I know it's silly. I'm sure they are friendly, but I do not want them near me.

Ok we've avoided the birds. Phew. You should have gone to Lion king

Some fab drawings of Ed the Hyena and some equally fab photos on Everest, love the ride along photos. What on earth was that dog doing there though? Agreed, definitely not a service dog, surely?

Hang on, are you saying you started a drag race with your friends on the freeway so funny you ended up next to them on your way home. It's a small world after all.
Josh is now pleased he is not alone in his 'bird thing!'
By missing the Lion King we managed the last drawing class of the day, I love this use of the Conservation Station and the pride you get in drawing one of the characters is fab.
As for the dog! It wasn't the fact it was or wasn't a service dog - I just can't understand why anyone would try to get on the ride in the single rider line with a dog Perhaps he was hoping to just tie it to the railings and collect it when he got off

Anyway as for the journey home - I tried to avoid putting it in such terms but Neil did text when we got back to complain I had cut him up They recognised us after that!

Thanks for your comment about the love of the parks coming across, I'm never sure if it does but the beauty of AK is something to share so much. Enjoyed sharing the virtual AK day last Sunday with you and so many others - oh how much it makes you want to be there again.

Appreciate your continued reading and was glad of the kick up the backside to get this day posted
DAY 16 is coming soon -promise

Old 9 May 20, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another great read, with some fab photos. Mystified by the dog in the single rider line, doesn't look tall enough to ride to me (!). Food looked very good. Patiently waiting for the big surprise on day 16.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Love your photos. For a second I thought the drawing was of Stitch 🤣 . You say you’ll never get another fp for fop ,do you mean because you’ll never go again or am I missing something?

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Happy smiles as usual 😀😀 but wat no Nemo?
Tomorrow’s surprise sounds intriguing, waiting on edge of our seats...
Just goes to show what happens when you miss a Nemo show There is a lesson in there for everyone reading and also for my fellow GB Mickey waffle podcasters ( long standing Nemo thing )

need wait on the edge of your seat no longer !

Day 16 is alive and kicking and possibly full of more photos than I ever thought I could get into one Dibb post!

Shortcut just for you - just click here

Its a good surprise too

Old 15 May 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
So glad you’ve posted the next day, I’ve been waiting 😉
Really enjoy AK and I’m so looking forward to riding FOP 🤞if we get there this summer!
Interested to find out what you thought of Lake Wilson Preserve community? Did you find location ok?
Looking forward to the next day and the surprise - intriguing. Thanks again
Not going to give you the link to the next day but will give you a bit of info about Lake Wilson Preserve, instead.

If I don't hear from you in days 16 onwards - I will understand I may have helped you make a decision

We have stayed very close off site around the 192 in gated and in ungated communities ( Sunset Lakes/ Indian Creek) and also Orange Lake Resort which is fab.

The price you pay for being closer is considerably more , as you have so much on the 192 to drop in and out of.

However, we found a fab Villa around Champions Gate at West Haven in 2017.
From there our past two stays have been at Lake Wilson Preserve.

The villas in this area are newer, they are well served by local shops, and a few restaurants, not as many as the 192 but there are many.

I have to admit , I would gladly live at Lake Wilson Preserve for the rest of my days.

It is around 20 mins to the parks, yes the I4 can be a pain so take the Old Lake Wilson Road instead ( avoiding major commuting times as it too gets busy, but keeps moving)

The cost saving for us, ensured we booked this and the last trip - we could not afford to stay closer, yet were staying in bigger places with everything we were looking for ( hot tub especially)

Would highly recommend Lake Wilson Preserve - it is closer than you think and just a quiet and beautiful community to stay.

Anyway - your 40th countdown and if you read Day 16 you will see why I have my fingers crossed that your trip becomes a reality - Will try to get more Lake Wilson Preserve pics into upcoming days for you too.

Thanks for such a great question and if you need any more info - would gladly provide ( send a PM if you need specific details)

Old 15 May 20, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by HansysMum View Post
A dog! Fab pics and can’t wait to find out what the next day brings !
Exactly - A dog Know there are people who need them, for lots of reasons, but I would never take my dog into the queue of a rollercoaster no matter what

Day 16 is posted and hope you enjoy reading it - it is a long one though, the picture editing has taken a battering!

Thanks for posting a response and hope you enjoy the rest of the trip

Old 15 May 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Not going to give you the link to the next day but will give you a bit of info about Lake Wilson Preserve, instead.

If I don't hear from you in days 16 onwards - I will understand I may have helped you make a decision

We have stayed very close off site around the 192 in gated and in ungated communities ( Sunset Lakes/ Indian Creek) and also Orange Lake Resort which is fab.

The price you pay for being closer is considerably more , as you have so much on the 192 to drop in and out of.

However, we found a fab Villa around Champions Gate at West Haven in 2017.
From there our past two stays have been at Lake Wilson Preserve.

The villas in this area are newer, they are well served by local shops, and a few restaurants, not as many as the 192 but there are many.

I have to admit , I would gladly live at Lake Wilson Preserve for the rest of my days.

It is around 20 mins to the parks, yes the I4 can be a pain so take the Old Lake Wilson Road instead ( avoiding major commuting times as it too gets busy, but keeps moving)

The cost saving for us, ensured we booked this and the last trip - we could not afford to stay closer, yet were staying in bigger places with everything we were looking for ( hot tub especially)

Would highly recommend Lake Wilson Preserve - it is closer than you think and just a quiet and beautiful community to stay.

Anyway - your 40th countdown and if you read Day 16 you will see why I have my fingers crossed that your trip becomes a reality - Will try to get more Lake Wilson Preserve pics into upcoming days for you too.

Thanks for such a great question and if you need any more info - would gladly provide ( send a PM if you need specific details)

Aw thank you so much for your reply. We too have stayed at Westhaven on 4 of our trips and love the Champions Gate area. As you said the closeness to 192 is great but we didn’t find champions gate too far away at all. We have stayed in Emerald Island and Oakwater, off the 192, and yes it is nice being so close to Disney. However, our 2 girls are getting older now (15 and 14 atm) and we don’t Think there will be many Disney visits after this year, so being away from 192 doesn’t bother us.

I am off to have a good look at Lake Wilson and the area. The short cut sounds good too 😉

Also I beat you to it and have already read day 16, I couldn’t wait! A huge Happy (**th) Birthday and what an amazing surprise too. Really fancy the boat hire trip out on the lakes too, looked amazing!
Thank you again for your PM too.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List