Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 27 May 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

In Florida on A level results day?

Hi Dibbers

Having just rebooked to Aug 21 my SiL has realised we will be in Orlando when my niece’s A level results come out.

Has anyone been in this position in recent years? What did you do?

Thanks

BB

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jamcat
Having Dinner with Goofy

Just need to be sure they can use their phones as if your neice doesn't get the grades she needs for her university choices (if she's planning that) they will need to use phones to go through the clearing system. And will need good internet access. And check results at the time they are released in UK in case clearing needed ( first come first served I believe).
jamcat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

I wouldn't recommend it, just in case things go wrong. If things go wrong and they need to use clearing, places go very quickly in the morning, which would be in the middle of the night if you are in Florida. My children's school also didn't email grades under any circumstances - they had to be collected in person.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We were in Hard Rock when both my daughters a level results came through. One actually had an email at midnight on release day from her uni to accept her and then several hours later she got her results from school. We had planned to fly back over the following weekend anyway and so could sort out any problems the following week but luckily didn't need to. Second child decided not to go to uni so it didn't really matter what her results were and we just enjoyed our time in Florida.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We were/ are due to be there for GCSE results day this year...

We booked a table at Beaches & Cream as I figured we could celebrate/ commiserate with ice cream! And then have a fireworks cruise booked that evening.

From a practical point of view, make sure you have access to all the numbers you will need for all options/ circumstances and who to contact if things don’t go to plan x
TheHughesCrew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by TheHughesCrew View Post
We were/ are due to be there for GCSE results day this year...

We booked a table at Beaches & Cream as I figured we could celebrate/ commiserate with ice cream! And then have a fireworks cruise booked that evening.

From a practical point of view, make sure you have access to all the numbers you will need for all options/ circumstances and who to contact if things don’t go to plan x
Great advice, I'd just add that the stress and complications that would occur on getting the wrong grades for an A Level far outweigh the complications at GCSE
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
If you can still re-organise I'd push it a few weeks earlier than that, unless she has no plans to go to University or gets an unconditional offer.

Things go wrong on A-Level results day, out niece missed her offer by a grade and the Uni wouldn't budge, she then spent the next 3 days constantly on UCAS looking for a comparable place through clearing and then had to go and visit some of these places before accepting a place.

Took about 10 days to sort, most of that on phone calls but a fair bit travelling around.

Really not going to be an enjoyable holiday if your family member ends up doing this when you should be in the parks. Of course if it all goes to plan it's a pretty cool place to celebrate success

Taking advice from this thread we are moving the dates so that she will be at home on results day, thanks for the advice

BB

Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi
England A Level results is the 13th August this year 👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 20, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Hi
Thanks. It’s 2021 for my niece. It’ll be 12th August. We have rebooked from this August to next because of the current situation.

Edited at 01:39 PM.
Old 28 May 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Hi
Agreed!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List