Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 May 20, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Take 2 - August 2019 Day 2

Day 2 12th Aug

We all had a good nights sleep and woke up around 5. The beds are RPR were really comfy. When I booked RPR we were originally only going to stay for 1 night and I used our Tesco Clubcard vouchers to get it for £0. We then decided to extend our stay and also decided to go for club level. This meant that we then had to change rooms today from our standard to a club level room and also get club level room keys to access the lounge. So I got dressed and went down to reception to sort this.

It was quick and easy and I was soon in receipt of the club level cards which we used for breakfast this morning. There was no problem with us doing this. They had a selection of
fruit, 5 or 6 mini pastries and a heated pan with iced cinnamon rolls and porridge.
There was also juice, tea, coffee (+ syrups) and a range of breads to toast and cereals. We had a quick bite to each. Everything was nice, fresh and replenished as needed. It was very humid out and don’t think we could see our the windows clearly any time we visited. The windows always looked like this.

We headed back to the room to get changed for a day at Volcano Bay. Ava and myself aren’t huge waterpark fans but the boys are and I was interested to see what it is like as still relatively new. It actually opened during the middle of our last holiday here but we only covered Disney so didn’t bother.

We walked through RPR to the bus stop and had a 5 minute wait for the bus for the quick ride round to the entrance for VB. It was very quiet on the way in as I’m sure it was early entrance for resort guests. We grabbed our tapi tapi on the way in and dumped our towels on a couple of sun loungers directly in front of the volcano. I didn’t realise you had to pay for towels so we didn’t bother to get any and I just hoped the sun would dry us off quickly.

We paid $9 for a small locker rather than $16 for a large and just put our valuables in it and left everything else on the lounger.

Andrew went on the big drop slide first and we waited for him at the bottom. He took about 15 minutes in the queue. We then went for a wander and ended up in the lazy river. Ava had to wear a life vest and also had a rubber ring but unlike the disney water parks there were no kids rubber rings with the seat in them and the life jacket kept riding up and she couldn’t hold onto the rubber ring so it was a very uncomfortable ride round.

We got out and spent some time in the wave pool before heading for some more rides. We went on the 2 person raft ride. Ava cried on the stairs up saying she didn’t want to do it. A lovely family in front of us started chatting telling her how much she would love it and that their teenager son use to cry when he was younger but was always smiling by the end of the ride. I always feel horrible when she cries but I know she will love it and be so happy she gave it a go, I worry that others are judging me thinking i’m awful though!

As expected she absolutely loved it and wanted to go straight back on for another go. The lovely family also waited for us to come down to see if she enjoyed it!

Andrew tapped in for the slides with the drop off at the end while we went to the sunbeds to fill our bottle and apple sun cream. Andrew went on the slide which took about 15 minutes while we played in a pool over looking that area. We headed for the family raft ride next which was fun and we had a frog join us for the ride down which made us laugh.

The fearless river was next! I took a beating on this as seemed to mistime each rapid and going pummeled. I was done after one round as was Ava while the boys went round another couple of times thinking it was brilliant.

We gave the kids 10 minutes in the kids area before we went to get changed.It was around noon once we were heading out of the park back to the bus.

Our new club level room was not ready yet so we heard to the club room for some snacks where there were crisps, cookies and drinks out. We chilled in here for an hour before heading for the outlets.

It was impossible to park at the outlets, it was so busy so we ended up paying $10 for some special parking area which was a bit annoying. We grabbed some food for Panera Bread at the club offerings weren’t very filling for a lunch and shopped in a few shops. Disney Warehouse had some banshees but just as I realised they were there, 2 women grabbed them all amd purchased approximately 15 banshee between the,. It made me so cross as I thought it was so selfish and felt the shop should have a limit on how many 1 person can buy. Joshua would have loved one but there you go!

Ava chose an Eleanor of Avalor doll but Joshua found nothing here. Andrew found some trainers and shorts and I got a new pair of sandals.

We finished our shop in the Lindt chocolate shop where we all got to spin the wheel to win a prize. Andrew got a 20% off voucher and so he chose the 75 pieces option which he got for $21. Andrew was chuffed with this as he loved Lindt chocolate.

Andrew with his prized possession!

We could see the clouds starting to gather while we were shopping so knew it was going to start pouring soon. While in Lindt we got the text that our room was ready. We popped by reception for our 4th set of room keys and were off to room 3635 to get settled and unpack a little for the next 3 nights.

We chilled our in the room for a bit and headed up to club level for 4:45 for some dinner bits. It was quite busy so ended up sitting at the high table watching Avatar on the TV again. We all had the pesto pasta (it was italian night) There was also a salad with salami, cheese and crackers and some beers for Andrew.

We walked into the parks after dinner.

The temperature had dropped nicely this evening so it was a really nice walk. We headed into IOA and headed to Suess Landing. We went on Cat in the Hat which Ava loved and wanted to go on again. While queuing for the carousuess it started to rain and all outdoor rides stopped due to the weather.

We walked through to the Harry Potter area where the rain became heavier. We went on Forbidden Journey. Joshua was a bit nervous so asked one of the ladies in the queue to explain the ride to him. She said it only goes 5 mph with no drops or loops and he was happy with that. We did child swap as Ava was not tall enough. I went on first with Joshua, he did find it quite intense, especially the part where you lay right back and he decided he didnt like it and didn’t want to ride again with Andrew (I wasn’t surprised to be honest but glad he tried it). Andrew said the same when he came off, that he enjoyed it but not surprised Joshua didn’t want to ride again.

It was pouring when we came off this ride but we just walked in it and stopped at a sweet shop in Suess Landing where Joshua chose a cookie and Ava a marshmallow stick and we walked back to RPR. The rain had practically stopped by the time we had got back but the kids were really tired so it was the right choice. Kids in bed and asleep for 7:45. I popped up to club for some drinks but didn’t fancy any of the sweet offerings and we were both asleep for 9. A fun but tiring day.

A tired looking boy at the end of the day

Day 3 - A busy day with rides, gym, shopping and a very rude word!
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another busy but good day

Joan
Old 7 Jun 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It sounds like the club level breakfast and tea time bits were really good and suited you guys. I'm tired out reading about all the water park rides and then off into the park in the evening. That was a full on day I'm not surprised there were tired faces at the end of the day.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
look at his face! bless him. what outlet did you go to? lindt is my favorite and when in rome we always visit the shop and new york lol
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List