Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Jun 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess Ariel View Post
So does that mean they will offer a discount even if you’ve paid for the DDP? And I’m confused as to why they haven’t stipulated what the discount will be? It all seems very vague!
It is isnt it. To me that sounds like the discount is only for those losing their free dining. So swapping one offer for another. Theres so much more info they need to give though if that's it. Are there any benefits to being onsite in regards to the theme park booking system etc. Also is your booking for the whole day. Like if we booked epcot could we leave for a swim then come in later etc etc.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
It is isnt it. To me that sounds like the discount is only for those losing their free dining. So swapping one offer for another. Theres so much more info they need to give though if that's it. Are there any benefits to being onsite in regards to the theme park booking system etc. Also is your booking for the whole day. Like if we booked epcot could we leave for a swim then come in later etc etc.
Why would they discount your room if you paid for dining? They’d just take the dining off the package surely. You’re not losing anything from the price you originally paid.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by steve30 View Post
Why would they discount your room if you paid for dining? They’d just take the dining off the package surely. You’re not losing anything from the price you originally paid.
And this is what I said to my TA and asked to cancel the Disney part of my stay, however she advised that if I did that I would be charged a £50pp cancellation fee by Disney and to wait for their announcement? None of it makes any sense to me to be honest! I would just like some clarification on what is happening.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

And this is what I said to my TA and asked to cancel the Disney part of my stay, however she advised that if I did that I would be charged a £50pp cancellation fee by Disney and to wait for their announcement? None of it makes any sense to me to be honest! I would just like some clarification on what is happening.
Agreed it’s clear as mud!

If they can’t provide what you’ve paid for, in this case the dining plan I’m pretty sure under the package travel regs you are entitled to a full refund for the whole thing if you wanted one.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
I know very confusing. Here are the details. I’m not claiming they’re reliable!

Please see below for a general update from Disney. Please note this information may vary based on your travel supplier, so please contact them.

Disney Dining Plan cancellation

Compulsory reservation system for Theme Park access - Action required

The Disney Parks in Florida are due to start a phased re-opening from the 11th July which, as well as being great news for guests visiting this year, comes with some significant new changes and processes that we need to share with you today. Walt Disney’s World’s main goal is to keep guest numbers to manageable levels, in order to maintain social distancing. As a result, there are some important changes that may affect your booking.

Unfortunately Walt Disney World has taken the difficult decision to cancel all dining plans, including those which were booked on the Free Disney Dining and Drinks offer. There will be a reduction on the room price offered to all customers affected by the removal of this offer. The discount will be applied to your booking within two weeks. You will be able to see the specific monetary discount in your customer account by 15th June at the latest. Our team is working hard out to amend the prices in bookings and we will deal with reservations in departure date order. We will advise you by email once the discount has been applied to your booking. You can then advise if you would still like to go ahead with your reservation.

As well as the free dine change, there are some important updates you must know about when it comes to visiting the parks. Please take some time to read through the information below carefully.

IMPORTANT: Compulsory reservation system for Theme Park access

1) In order to manage guest numbers, Walt Disney World is introducing a new reservation system which all guests MUST complete before being allowed to enter the Parks. Guests with existing tickets are being prioritised, but we highly recommend that you do this as soon as the system goes live so you can secure the availability you would like. When the reservation system opens (likely to be in 2-3 weeks) you will be able to reserve theme park days for the rest of 2020. Important: Without these theme park reservations you will NOT be able to gain access to the Disney Parks, even with your ticket.

2) If you haven’t already, please now link your hotel and Disney tickets reservation to My Disney Experience using the desktop site. This is very important as it means you will receive information directly from Disney about when the reservation system will open and park availability.

3) Make sure that you check the requirements for entering the Parks before you leave as this could change. Current requirements, including the need for a face covering, are outlined below.

Your Options

1) Keep your hotel and ticket reservation and enjoy Walt Disney World in 2020.

2) Cancel your hotel and ticket reservation and receive a full refund within 14 days in line with the Package Travel Regulations. Please get in touch if you would like to do this.

3) Amend your booking to 2021 or 2022 and carry over your deposit. We would be happy to help you arrange this so please do get in touch.
I think this all sounds very plausible. Essentially if you booked with free dining you get money off or you can cancel or move without penalty. Not ideal for those of us wanting to move to next year as there is no incentive with all gift cards and dining most likely being lost.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
I know very confusing. Here are the details. I’m not claiming they’re reliable!

Please see below for a general update from Disney. Please note this information may vary based on your travel supplier, so please contact them.

Compulsory reservation system for Theme Park access - Action required

The Disney Parks in Florida are due to start a phased re-opening from the 11th July which, as well as being great news for guests visiting this year, comes with some significant new changes and processes that we need to share with you today. Walt Disney’s World’s main goal is to keep guest numbers to manageable levels, in order to maintain social distancing. As a result, there are some important changes that may affect your booking.

Unfortunately Walt Disney World has taken the difficult decision to cancel all dining plans, including those which were booked on the Free Disney Dining and Drinks offer. There will be a reduction on the room price offered to all customers affected by the removal of this offer. The discount will be applied to your booking within two weeks. You will be able to see the specific monetary discount in your customer account by 15th June at the latest. Our team is working hard out to amend the prices in bookings and we will deal with reservations in departure date order. We will advise you by email once the discount has been applied to your booking. You can then advise if you would still like to go ahead with your reservation.

As well as the free dine change, there are some important updates you must know about when it comes to visiting the parks. Please take some time to read through the information below carefully.

IMPORTANT: Compulsory reservation system for Theme Park access

1) In order to manage guest numbers, Walt Disney World is introducing a new reservation system which all guests MUST complete before being allowed to enter the Parks. Guests with existing tickets are being prioritised, but we highly recommend that you do this as soon as the system goes live so you can secure the availability you would like. When the reservation system opens (likely to be in 2-3 weeks) you will be able to reserve theme park days for the rest of 2020. Important: Without these theme park reservations you will NOT be able to gain access to the Disney Parks, even with your ticket.

2) If you haven’t already, please now link your hotel and Disney tickets reservation to My Disney Experience using the desktop site. This is very important as it means you will receive information directly from Disney about when the reservation system will open and park availability.

3) Make sure that you check the requirements for entering the Parks before you leave as this could change. Current requirements, including the need for a face covering, are outlined below.

Your Options

1) Keep your hotel and ticket reservation and enjoy Walt Disney World in 2020.

2) Cancel your hotel and ticket reservation and receive a full refund within 14 days in line with the Package Travel Regulations. Please get in touch if you would like to do this.

3) Amend your booking to 2021 or 2022 and carry over your deposit. We would be happy to help you arrange this so please do get in touch.
This is pretty much what we already know and inline with what's posted on the Disney UK website. The only additional info is the bit that says "There will be a reduction on the room price offered to all customers affected by the removal of this [free dining] offer" which is based on the info American's received.

ETA: Actually, it's sort of on Disney's UK website, but it's not clear if it refers to free dining plans or only dining plans that have been paid for:

disneyworld/travel...ations-refunds

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 05:51 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
So does that mean they will offer a discount even if you’ve paid for the DDP? And I’m confused as to why they haven’t stipulated what the discount will be? It all seems very vague!
No, you'll get a refund for what you paid for the DDP because it's no longer available.

Or you can get a refund for your whole holiday if you no longer wish to stay at Disney due to no longer having the DDP.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
No, you'll get a refund for what you paid for the DDP because it's no longer available.

Or you can get a refund for your whole holiday if you no longer wish to stay at Disney due to no longer having the DDP.
My TA is saying if I cancel Disney will charge me £50pp which seems unfair!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My TA is saying if I cancel Disney will charge me £50pp which seems unfair!
They definitely were not charging the £50pp cancellation fee last week.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
nno6py
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I've emailed Disney regarding the 35% suggesting discrimination against poorer members of society.
Using US rack rates, a 35% discount on a top-level booking at Coronado Springs could/would attract a new reduction of $152 per night. A 35% reduction on a basic booking at All Stars, $42. To cover the same loss of a QSDP (in the US values and moderates both receive the QSDP in the free dining plan offer). So, those with more expensive bookings are breaking even and able to cover the loss with the financial compensation, whereas those with cheaper bookings are nowhere near.

The key is, these bookings have lost the same thing, and Disney are compensating very differently.

Edited at 06:32 PM.
nno6py is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List