Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Minniesmiff View Post
Lol I could cope with a bread roll and crisps as long as I got a couple of gin and tonics over 9 hours!
Ditto!
Old 4 Jun 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
Whether or not Virgin has “inside info”, it has to plan, and there is an increasing expectation that the UK govt will try to extract itself from the quarantine situation by ending it before the English state school holidays start, which would be roughly in line with this date. If that happens, one hopes it would be joined up enough to change the FCO advice at the same time (though evidence of joined-up thinking in the UK govt has been somewhat thin on the ground...).

While this announcement does not only relate to the USA, for most travellers to the US it would of course rely on the US govt also changing its entry policy.

Flights can of course still be cancelled subsequently.
Their plan is to market things positively so they get more bookings and cash that they wont refund when their plans change.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We will be there with Bells on
I’m already getting my kids used to masks
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Relieved about the masks, wouldn't feel 100% comfortable flying without them being mandatory. Looks like things will get moving again sooner than we think.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Again I feel masks are just giving people a false sense of security especially as they will need to be removed numerous times to eat and drink .
Think I’m getting closer to cancelling
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I did also hear from someone that the US may implement a 2 week quarantine once there so if that’s the case then it’s pointless in going .
Not sure how true that is though
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
TerryYa
Excited about Disney

Virgin flying planes to the US is a lot different from Brits actually being allowed on them/entry to the US.
TerryYa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Their plan is to market things positively so they get more bookings and cash that they wont refund when their plans change.
That is of course part of the equation, but airlines everywhere are ramping up schedules in anticipation of a resumption of travel, so I wouldn't consider it particularly Machiavellian on Virgin's part.

Every business needs cash right now and is pushing sales, all the airlines I normally fly with are pushing similar "please come and book " messages. I do accept that Virgin's record on refunds during Covid hasn't been the best, it's hard to find the balance between staying afloat and doing the right thing for customers, and they've struggled with that.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Relieved about the masks, wouldn't feel 100% comfortable flying without them being mandatory. Looks like things will get moving again sooner than we think.
Don't know why you would feel 100% comfortable with people wearing masks - you are sitting in a metal tube for 9 hours with a lot of other people - you still have to breath, people still have to sneeze and cough etc

Masks on flights are a PR tactic only imho. Plus the press release states "masks must be worn at all times when onboard" - going to make it difficult to eat and drink isn't it.
Old 4 Jun 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
I do accept that Virgin's record on refunds during Covid hasn't been the best, it's hard to find the balance between staying afloat and doing the right thing for customers, and they've struggled with that.
It’s been awful. I’m surprised they are still a going to be honest
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List