Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jun 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
nyck
Getting Excited

nyck's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Tripple whammy

Due to go end of September for 2 weeks so we've got a bit of time to sort things but with that a lot of waiting for answers.

1)Same as everyone else booked a week at Disney and waiting for answers on Dining plans etc

2)Not confirmed but i might not have a Hotel to stay at ( Coronado Springs )The NBA maybe using Disney as a venue to finish the season and using my hotel as a base ?

3)Flying with Norwegian with rumours they may not start flying until April 2021 ?

The only thing confirmed is my 1 week at the Avanti on I-drive booked via Alpharooms ( stupidly paid in Full), if i cancel the longer i leave it the less money ill get back , Until Disney and Norwegian confirm anything we are in limbo

We are thinking of just cancelling Disney as it wont be the same with all the restrictions and if the flight gets cancelled so be it , if not maybe 1 week at the Avanti with universal/seaworld trips and 1 week mini road trip
nyck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

It certainly starts to feel like the universe is trying to tell you something doesn't it? Hope you get some answers re your flight- it really shouldn't be this hard should it?
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nyck View Post
Due to go end of September for 2 weeks so we've got a bit of time to sort things but with that a lot of waiting for answers.

1)Same as everyone else booked a week at Disney and waiting for answers on Dining plans etc

2)Not confirmed but i might not have a Hotel to stay at ( Coronado Springs )The NBA maybe using Disney as a venue to finish the season and using my hotel as a base ?

3)Flying with Norwegian with rumours they may not start flying until April 2021 ?

The only thing confirmed is my 1 week at the Avanti on I-drive booked via Alpharooms ( stupidly paid in Full), if i cancel the longer i leave it the less money ill get back , Until Disney and Norwegian confirm anything we are in limbo

We are thinking of just cancelling Disney as it wont be the same with all the restrictions and if the flight gets cancelled so be it , if not maybe 1 week at the Avanti with universal/seaworld trips and 1 week mini road trip
I'm in a similar boat/plane to you. I'm waiting on Charter Travel to advise what the skinny is with the previously offered free dining for us UK people.

Given that I'd wager that masks will still be required in September I'm quite wary that this, plus all the other social distancing measures means that the experience will be one of being on edge at Disney - which nobody wants.

Added to that, we're due to fly with Virgin...maybe, we can't even fly at all yet.

I'm 95% certain that we'll push out to next May. I can't see September as being a) enjoyable or b) as close to being as it was.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’re in the same situation, flying the 23rd September staying three weeks at CSR. Impatiently waiting for an update to make a decision.
All we need is a hurricane warning before we go just to top off this run up.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Miss_Tangled View Post
We’re in the same situation, flying the 23rd September staying three weeks at CSR. Impatiently waiting for an update to make a decision.
All we need is a hurricane warning before we go just to top off this run up.
I had this same conversation with my husband last night. Knowing our luck we'll actually get to go after all this and there'll be a blinking hurricane
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Booked Aug 16th for Gran Destino, so similar position

Flights booked with BA before March, so not entitled to move or change, plus not sure if they are moving to Heathrow.

Being expected to pay balance of MNSSHP to AT even though we don't know if it's happening or if we can go.

To add insult to injury, our cruise booked for next Easter from Miami was cancelled last night. I only booked flights last week! Not Covid related, just repositioning the ship
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Lozzi
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Look on the positive side, if they use CSR they will look after you I'm sure, a nice little upgrade maybe 🤔

We are due to go there in August, we have kids in our party that won't do the masks, and as there is 14 of us so going without the DDP is a no no.

I'd quite happily just move the booking, as is, to a date that's suitable to Disney. What does bug me, is that they are able to sort out a deal with the NBA and yet can't tell me about my holiday...priorities!
Lozzi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Dragon1
Dancing with Tink'

Same boat as you "NYCK". Going 3rd Sept with Norweigan staying at POR with QSDP booked ? Contacted our travel agent who said our flights were still ok but would rearrange others if NA do not fly ! Also would be advised about dining asap ? Initially this holiday was booked through Thomas Cook so had had difficulties all the way ! Just want to be told facts so my party of 9 can make a decision !
Dragon1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List