Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Jun 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

If Free Dining Does Not Return...

I've priced up a trip, based on what we do now which is flying PE, staying at a moderate resort, with the free dining plan (which we upgrade to the full dining plan)...and the results are frightening. Probably up about 2k or so (for 3 adults).

If free dining doesn't return then other options will have to be explored, but it's my own fault for introducing my wife to Disney in this glamourous fashion

For those free dining people, what are your thoughts on what you would do, if it never returns*? Would you not stay at a moderate resort? Would you pay out of pocket for food instead? Would you go off-site? Or is it a deal breaker completely?

*I have no inside info that it will NOT return, just pure speculation on my part.

Edited at 10:54 AM.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

We would stay at a value and pay for the QSDP. Not been before (as adults) but children young enough to still appreciate what the values have to offer, the free dining was just a perk for us to justify a stay at a moderate. I don't think we'd be happy to pay over £1500 for the moderate, we don't plan on being in the hotel that much.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I'd still stay at a moderate and pay out of pocket. I eat mainly qs with just a couple of TS. I don't like steak and am allergic to seafood so what I eat is at the cheaper end of the range so my food wouldn't be overly expensive. I spend a lot of time at the resort, it's not just somewhere for me to sleep, so lovely grounds and pool are essential for me.

Edited at 12:39 PM.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

Is there somewhere i can learn what QS, TS, & QSDP means? i see a lot of these acronyms and i havent got a clue what they mean
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

I'd probably go back to the Swan & Dolphin. We've stayed there a few times and its proximity to Epcot, HS and the Boardwalk is brilliant. It was a little tatty round the edges the last time we went but the pool was brilliant and we barely spent anytime in our room (although we did upgrade to a firework view which was worth it the evenings we headed back early). Still get FP benefits too.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Is there somewhere i can learn what QS, TS, & QSDP means? i see a lot of these acronyms and i havent got a clue what they mean
Quick Service
Table Service
Quick Service Dining Plan
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

TS - Table service
QS - Quick Service
QSDP - Quick Service Dining Plan

Hope this helps.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
WestGirl
Having Dinner with Goofy

We've looked at various options and I think we've agreed that we'd do a cheaper stay at pop etc, still buy the refillable mug and then have a food budget.

We're seasoned campers so breakfast in our room wouldn't be an issue.

We'd happily share meals during the day and then eat as we would on the dining plan - we like Blaze Pizza which is cheap enough.

We also pay out of pocket for a few sit down meals so that wouldn't be any different really.

We worked out the cost of care hire plus parking, plus the hassle of driving after a long day at the park is not worth it.
WestGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

There is a complete list of abbreviations in the DIBB Guide Book

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/For...ns-p-1331.html
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
lorna_99
Serious Dibber

I looked at the Disney springs hotels which would save a considerable amount of £'s but I would miss the ability to charge things to my room so would probably go for a value resort , buy QSDP and pay oop for 1 or 2 table service meals. We would probably use Uber a lot more to eat offiste
lorna_99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List