Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 Jul 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Cheating on Walt Disney World… with TWO wives! - Day 3

Index

So, Day 3 will be known as the “Back and Forth Day”.

Up again at 6.30 and as James got up, Alex had also woke up at 6.30 as James went to get in the shower. I heard Yaz’s 3 alarms but not sure there was any movement. I went in to her bathroom to steal her shampoo and conditioner, and quickly used it and yelled at James to put it back before she noticed. She wouldn’t have minded it I just didn’t want to talk to her in the morning, she needs to have a shower to wake up. So once we was all up and dressed, Alex had his standing breakfast again we got in the car. We headed straight to the park and parked in A5 again, a little bit further up than yesterday. We were headed into Disneyland today (I didn’t leave the bag in security this time) and took some pictures in front of the castle taking advantage of hardly any people due to magic hours.

As we were waiting at the rope drop, the three of us were taking a selfie and a man standing next to us asked if we'd like him to take a picture of us all. Of course you can! We would never say no to that. So we got Alex out the pram and he couldn’t give a monkies that we wanted another picture taken and was looking at a way of escaping James’ arms. The man kept trying to get Alex to look in his direction and then called his young son over to try and get his attention. Then the wife came over and started jumping around like a crazy lady – I loved it. They get it they had 3 young children and knew this was a magical moment not to be missed.

It was nice having a little chat with them while we wait for the rope to drop. The cast member guarding the rope talked to everyone all at the front in French or English (how do they know that we're English?) and told us that she was taking the rope away but we were NOT allowed to pass! Yes maam! What do you think we are, school children? No just crazed people that want to get all the rides done in the magic hours! Once we were allowed to go we had go promise to walk and not run. We made a beeline for Peter pan, we didn’t get a chance to go on this in Florida and I was convinced that I had never been on it when I went with my Family. (After talking with my mum last week, she said I had and could recall the whole thing, well if someone had bet me that I had been on it I would have put the house on it and said I hadn’t.) The queue was less than 5 mins and we were on. I liked it wish it was in English, but the flying boat was really rattly and noisy which I think spoiled it a little bit. Come on Disney bit of WD40 wouldn’t go a miss. Also how narrow is the queue?

Well after my “first” flying boat flight, we made our way over to Dumbo. James said he was going to go on with Alex, so Me and Yaz jumped in the front elephant. I was Maverick and took control, with the odd turning around to make sure Alex was okay. He wasn’t hating it so we are getting there. Fab!

Then we headed round to Space Mountain, it wasn’t open but we got a fast pass for 10.30. Buzz was open and was also a walk on and this time James managed to get in with me and Alex. Alex was more comfortable this time and didn’t need me to cover his ears. Fantastic! Me and J are so competitive and I found it hilarious spinning the cart. All he kept saying was “Bec, SERIOUSLY! ” What, me? It was Alex haha.

Half way round James decided to tell me which shape targets are more points. Cheers husband! You could have told me that 3 days ago! Or two years ago in Florida. Cheat! To be honest I didn’t get on with it in Florida, I couldn’t find my little dot but this time I just enjoyed it and pointed at things. Buzz did make me miss midway mania! Come on Paris, please get one its brilliant.

After Buzz we headed to Star tours, James said he refuses to go on it as it will make him feel really sick. Yaz joked and said did he forget to put his big girl knickers on haha. So us girls went on, James said he would go and get me a coffee. Yipeee! What a babe. He'd walked round to Autopia with Alex, but he was a little small to go on. That didn't stop him from playing in the car out front though.

We had to wait about 10 minuties, there was only a handful of people waiting with us. I liked walking through the queue, unfortunately I have never seen star wars! “What” I hear you cry, no I have never seen it I think I missed the hype. Am I too late? We will get to Florida just before Star Wars land opens so I feel there is no need. However, I did have a revelation with Jurassic Park as I had never seen that so we watched that before America and I loved it. So maybe I need to?

I digress, we got on the ride and buckled in and the “air craft” (I'm sorry I really don’t know what it is called) started to “float” and we started to zoom through the galaxy. And that’s all I saw, I started to feel terribly travel sick so closed my eyes and tried to go with the motions of the ride. Please hurry up. I opened my eyes for a split second and no it didn’t make me feel any better. Made me feel worse. Finally after what felt like 12 hours we landed and I was on solid ground. That was bad and do not blame James at all.

We saw James and Alex sitting round to the side of space mountain in the shade. It had just gone past 9 am and it was scorching. He also had a coffee for me perfect, I took some paracetamol as I had a banging headache starting. What a wimp! Travel tablets are going to be the top of my packing list next year.

Space mountain had opened up and even though we had fast passes for later, James and Yaz went on. I walked round with Alex trying to find shady spots. I looked for the exit of the ride which is all the way round the other side of the entrance, but there was some benches so I took a pew and Alex was chatting in his own language to a baby in a pushchair next to him. After about 10 mins I could hear a cackling laugh. I know that laugh anywhere! Both of them were laughing over their pic. I did try and have a look but there was too many people to get the buggy in. Luckily they'd taken a pic on James' phone

Apparently the camera is right at the start of the ride and it took them by surprise.

As we started to walk back round the line had gone up to 15 mins so I decided to give it a miss as we were all starting to feel hungry. We were eating at restaurant en coulisse using our breakfast vouchers again so we started to head towards the studios, it is super annoying that breakfast is only served in one place but because we really enjoyed it yesterday we didn’t mind. While we were having breakfast I thought I would try the lineberty app again, as we knew how it worked now and hoped it would be someone else other the Mickey as we saw him yesterday.

Once we had finished our breakfast, the app said it was our turn. PERFECT. We headed round it was Mickey again, not that we are complaining. Yaz wanted a picture of the two of us so we managed that and its so good for Alex to see characters and boosts our confidence with them.

After Mickey we headed back to space mountain so we could use our fast passes. So back we went like yo-yos.

Me and James went on to space mountain. It was brilliant, its cool that I can say I have been on all three versions of this here.

As we came out got a whatsapp from Yaz saying she was changing Alex’s nappy. What a sweetheart! I raced off to find them so I could help but she was already done. James and I managed to get a parent swap in case Yaz wanted to go back on again but we decided to keep it for later.

We wanted to go on Thunder mountain but we we had a lunch booking for 12pm a restaurant de Stars and the wait would have taken us over that. So we headed back to the studios. Yes I know, yo-yoing or what, this was not well planned at all. Anyway back we go, as we started walking over we all decided that we weren’t actually that hungry and James went to customer services to see if ghge could change it. Yaz, Alex and I headed over to the shops on the left hand side of the entrance. Yaz picked up a couple of bits for her parents and I saw a TOT pin that I wanted for our rucksack. We had a look over in Pandora, both being Pandora fans. I had to resist as we are trying to save as much spends as possible for Florida and I know I will teat myself to one while I'm there. James came and found us and said he couldn’t move the restaurant booking as the restaurant was fully booked and said instead we could try somewhere else for dinner. Good idea! He went back and the guest services lady had a bit of a laugh asking if he'd got the OK after checking with his wife. He manged to get Santa Fe Le Catina for 7.30pm. This was perfect for us. Once we had bought our bits in the shop we headed over to Crush. 60 mins and 45 mins for single rider. No thank you.

Alex had fallen asleep so we found shelter in the courtyard opposite TOT and I couldn’t resist looking to see what the fast pass return was. An hour's time? Not bad! I'll take 3. We sat in this courtyard for about that hour. It was cool and shady. Us girls went to get some lunch, me and James shared a Panini and crisps. I don’t really know what I fancied but I knew it wasn’t a panini but it will do and to be honest it wasn’t great. This is where my lack of research showed and found the quick service just a bit boring especially if you didn’t want to keep having burgers. I wanted like a baguette filled with meats and cheeses. They just didn’t have it where we were looking but moan aside it did fill a hole.

While we were sitting in the courtyard there was a young girl about 9 or 10 sitting on the floor next to a bin holding a iPhone. She looked upset and there were a couple of women and cast members bending down talking to her. The cast member tried to lead her off but she wasn’t having any of it, another tried to but they just stayed with her. She didn’t speak very much and was getting more and more upset. After about 15 mins a man came along and she ran and hugged him. what a relief. Now being a parent I can imagine that must be the worst feeling. I wonder if she ran off? Why did she not use the mobile? So many unanswered questions!

With that commotion over we decided to move towards TOT to use FP. Alex woke up on the way and we gave him a bit of lunch. Yaz and I went on the ride and the sassy cast member from yesterday was at the front. “I remember you” he said with a stern look on his face. What a good memory. Then he asked if we was having a good time etc, he was really nice. I want him to be my friend…. Why didn’t I ask him! Haha We could have bonding over a cosmo or two!

TOT is as fabulous as always and I cannot get enough of it. Once we were off Yaz looked after Alex while me and James jumped in the queue. The parent swap is excellent, we never had any problems with it. Its great. Recommending to all parents of tiny humans! James still hadn’t seen the sassy cast member as he wasn’t there when we went in and thought me and Yaz was making it up. Yet again TOT just as thrilling on my 4th time. I’m sure I’m going to need AA meetings or TOTA meetings by the end of the holiday.

So after my TOT fix we headed back to Disneyland as today was the today we were going to see the parade and we were not going to miss it. I still had the parent swap for Space mountain so James and Yaz went on while I stayed on Main street and see if I could get Alex something else to eat because he hadn’t eat much. So went into the bakery and managed to get a croque monsieur and a frube type yogurt.

I sat in the shade on the main street sharing the food with Alex. I was loving life, people watching and soaking in main street magic. Yaz and James eventually came back and James shared some of the food. It was a bit too early to sit waiting for the parade with an hour and half to go so we started to wander and have a look at the app to see what we could do. It said there was a dragon underneath the castle so we went in search. When we got down there it was very cramped, so we swiftly made our way out. After this we ended back towards main street and really at a loss. To be honest I was completely flagging and could quite easily have just sit waiting for the parade and I think I would have done if we didn’t have Alex.

We saw Donald doing a meet and greet near Casey's and all decided to get in the queue as it wasn’t very long. We must have waited about 15 mins and did our best to keep Alex from seeing Donald as waiting would be a bit tougher once he saw. Just before we got to the front we changed Alex into a clean t-shirt and got him out his pushchair.

This honestly was a highlight of my holiday. Alex’s favourite word is DUCK and he was happy to meet Donald not hug but meet him. It honestly was magical and the picture of the 4 of us with the duck man has become my Instagram picture. Our spirits had totally lifted.

Loads of pictures coming your way…..

We headed towards Main Street to try and get a spot for the pradade. The shady spots were rammed and there was only bits free in the sun but don’t fancy waiting for 40 mins. So we were sort of hovering near the end in the sun and I could feel my face burning so went near the town square and sat in the shade. I went to get some water, James went to change Alex and Yaz took the pushchair to guard our space. Me and James had a bottle of water each and a twister which didn’t have time to melt as we was so hot!

It felt like an eternity before the parade had started, Alex wanted to be up then down then up then down. It was hard work but once the parade had started he was like a new baby. He jut stared in amazement. The parade was truly beautiful and Alex loved every minute, as did all of us. A woman in front got loads of hugs of characters, not sure why? Kinda jealous but even without the hugs it was amazing.

After it had finished we all decided to sit on the kerb and wait for the crowds to die down, and got a plan of action. We decided to head back and get change and then head to Santa Fe for dinner. Once we got back I jumped in the shower and we tried Alex in the shower with me, it was like we was killing him and worse than the sink bath but at least he was clean. He soon calmed down when he was warm and dry and while we faffed around we put on the beloved Peppa pig on the tablet.

Once we was refreshed and ready. We drove to Santa Fe and headed straight for La Catina which wasn’t hard to find. As I got out the car I said I must have left my phone in the lodge (remember this).

It was the same sort of food as the last two nights but the really winner was the desserts. I didn’t go up to get anything the last two nights just tried James' but I went up this time to get us a sharing plate. I got a lemon meringue tart, chocolate cake, another chocolate pud and something with cream. As you can see award winning note taking. As we started to pack up James said Alex has done a poop so we needed to get a wriggle on. We headed back to the car at record speed and did what I'm sure every parent had done - a nappy change in the boot, we would have changed him in the hotel but we had also forgotten to take the bag with us too. So we three man teamed it as James took of Alex’s nappy to our surprise no poop! Well we huffed at James and got back into the car and headed to the park. I was desperate to go on pirates one more time as I knew we would be going to the Studios tomorrow morning.

It was about 9pm and they started to rope off bits of the park but we headed round to pirates. It was a 20 min wait so we got in line. I put on the sling, but Alex wasn’t happy at all and when we got towards the front that’s when it happened - the poop finally appeared. So as we got to the front, James got on the boat and back off again and said to the cast member what had happened and he said just come through the exit after he had finished. It was quite nice when it was me and Yaz and we waved our hands in the air going around singing “yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me.” As we came off James was waiting for us and I said that I'd take Alex and the two of them could go on together. James said to the cast member at the exit "do you remember me? The guy with the baby?" while pointing at his face. The cast member said he did and told him to get in queue. I was going to put Alex in his buggy to see if he will nod off so headed to the buggy park. Not long after I got there they were back and we decided to call it a day it was 9.30 we was shattered.

When we got back to the cabin. I went to get my phone where I thought it was. Not there…. O no! It’s a bag dilemma all over again. This time I didn’t know where I left it, I searched all over the lounge turning the sofas upside down. We had put down Alex down in the bedroom but I had to look not there ☹ I also looked in the car…. Not there either. So went to bed phoneless, I was gutted. About 11.30pm after we had been in bed a while I couldn’t settle. I thought I would go and look in the boot as I remember putting Alex in the car and water in the boot so I wonder if I had my phone too and chucked it all in.

I looked. No luck! I came back in locked the door and Yaz came flying out of her room “Jesus Christ! I thought you were a burglar." We all finally went to sleep.

So Day 3 done. Parade and Donald memories will stay with me now for the rest of my life. What a great day! Come back for Day 4 to find out if I find my phone!

Thanks for reading

Love Bec x

Becca

Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sjc100
Gone all Goofy

Another nice review. Like the stuff with Donald, I remember getting a bit emotional when my 3 year old daughter saw Belle for the first time in March!

Probably a millenial thing, but there's no feeling like not knowing where your mobile phone is at all times is there?!
sjc100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Loving your trippie. I still cannot get over how much you manage to fit in each day, even with a little one! The Donald pics are great. Our dd was wowed when she met Snow White at DLP - her first Disney experience. I'll never forget it.

Hoping the phone was found. Looking forward to the next instalment.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 06:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Beccab0301
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Loving your trippie. I still cannot get over how much you manage to fit in each day, even with a little one! The Donald pics are great. Our dd was wowed when she met Snow White at DLP - her first Disney experience. I'll never forget it.

Hoping the phone was found. Looking forward to the next instalment.
They were long days and we def made.the most of our time there. We didn't really.go in with a plan and just went with the flow using the app for wait times. The Parcs were fairly busy but the longest we queued was about 20 mins. If a queue was longer than that then we would just come back later.

We were unsure what to expext with meeting characters as Alex hadn't really experienced anything like that before but it was great. He's quite an outgoing little boy so I guess that helps.

Becca

Beccab0301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 18, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh so many gorgeous photos... particularly the ones in front of the castle and Alex meeting Donald, so cute!

Its great that Alex got more confident with the rides as your trip went on, what a little superstar!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

You have done so well avoiding the long queues, even though it meant hopping a bout a bit.

A shame that they don't have a restaurant for breakfast in each park to save people needing to go over to the Studios to get it.

The pictures with Donald are adorable, and the parade looks fabulous.

That photo with you infront the castle at sunset is lovely, well done for squeezing in an extra ride on Pirates too.

Oh no, misplacing your phone is the WORST feeling! I hope you found it

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List