Old 18 Nov 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
peter+lynne
Imagineer

peter+lynne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
vlogging camera

Hi watching all the vloggers they all seem to use "normal" still cameras.
is this the norm?
I was looking at getting a hero 7 silver for us to mess around with.

am I choosing the wrong camera here?

got a cheapy fake go pro but wanted something that would pick up sound on wet rides and pools and the new go pro doesn't need a housing to go in the water, so I assume its better sound in the wet ?
2015 residence inn seaworld
2016 Norfolk broads
2017 residence inn seaworld
peter+lynne is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 18, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Safyre
Very Serious Dibber

Most vloggers we watch, including us, use a Canon G7X Mark 2. But our first year we used a Panasonic video camera which I kinda preferred a bit, it was easier to hold, battery lasted much longer, and it cost a fraction of the price so I wasn't as worried about it getting bumped or splashed (ie in the rain)

We also have a Go Pro Hero 5, that one doesn't need the housing. Only thing I noticed was in the water the sound can be a bit muffled, almost like getting water in the ears.

We use the Go Pro only for water or on rides, using the Canon for actual vlogging.
Old 18 Nov 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Look at what timtracker uses, he lists all his equipment at the bottom of all his posts
Old 19 Nov 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Most vloggera don’t use the go pros for general blogging due to stability and sound issues, Tim tracker has an equipment video where he explains it all, but they and many other people use the g7x but they aren’t cheap by any means
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
I'm not a vlogger but I used the canon G7X mark II on our most recent holiday. It was easy to use and the quality is amazing.
Old 22 Nov 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

We started with a Panasonic TZ60 and a GoPro Hero 3

The GoPro wasn't great because of sound/image stability, though they have added the latter in recent GoPros. It was, however, great fun to use at Discovery Cove... I then edited my video to have a soundtrack instead of relying on what the camera picked up.

The TZ60 was fine, but low light performance was poor... Also it didn't have the flip up screen for filming yourself.

When we decided we liked vlogging our holidays we invested in the G7X Mk2 also.

I noticed that the new GoPros seem to pick up sound ok until they get wet. I assume that is because they get water in the holes where the microphones are, causing the sound to be muffled. Hard to get around that one I imagine.
kaytronika is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

Generally mirrorless cameras with a flip screen are what vloggers use. We use the Sony a5100. It's only negative is you can't add an external microphone
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

Go for the DJI Pocket Osmo - released this week, had a quick play with mine and seems amazing!
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I use a Sony Camcorder. They are good quality. Sony bought out Minalta so they have that technology. They are sturdy and lenses are great quality.
We tend not to do water parks so don’t need a waterproof.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List